PDA

View Full Version : In bed at the wrong time

sixmilehighclub
18th Apr 2006, 09:02
Ok so i've had all the serious suggestions as to how to get over jetlag. But 8 days after returning from Oz (although didn't sleep the first 2 nights for bizarre reasons) I'm not over it?!! :*

So I'm willing to try anything now. Any suggestions??

AIRWAY
18th Apr 2006, 09:04
Come back to Australia :} :ok: :O

Howard Hughes
18th Apr 2006, 09:05
I second the motion, perhaps we could take up a collection!!;)

sixmilehighclub
18th Apr 2006, 09:06
Oddly enough, that is something I hope to do after a year if I'm not settled here!! Will of course be expecting a welcoming committee. I'll keep you posted guys!!

:)

1DC
18th Apr 2006, 09:12
Well, I've been back a fortnight and after a week i was fine. I did get two good night's sleep on the first two nights so i reckon the bizzare bit is responsible..
Did you come back through the far east or the US, that could make a difference. Travelling east is always hardest..

acbus1
18th Apr 2006, 09:26
Still fancy a job as a pilot, do we all? :rolleyes:

Nice shiny aeroplane.

Flash uniform.

Lots of computers to play with.

Big watch.

RayBans.

Permanently knackered.

Minty Fresh
18th Apr 2006, 09:37
although didn't sleep the first 2 nights for bizarre reasons

Now that needs an explanation .... No, no - let me keep this thought :} :}

AIRWAY
18th Apr 2006, 10:38
Oddly enough, that is something I hope to do after a year if I'm not settled here!! Will of course be expecting a welcoming committee. I'll keep you posted guys!!

The welcoming committee shall be singing Waltzing Matilda upon your arrival... :} :E

You know the best place is the Smart State which happens to be also the Sunshine State, keep this in mind when pondering your choice :ok:

sixmilehighclub
18th Apr 2006, 11:02
Now that needs an explanation ....

1st night couldn't sleep properly due to sad events in terminal that morning.
2nd night was up talking for 9 hours to an old friend I havent been in contact with for 5 years.

At 4.30 thismorning I was raring to go to the gym. Gy,m wasn't open. Now I feel I could sleep for a few hours.

FunFlyin
18th Apr 2006, 11:27
Hmmm you need to find some kind of activity that will wear you out totally ...:E

... but keep you awake at the same time

G-CPTN
18th Apr 2006, 12:53
Get your own Jim :E

R4+Z
18th Apr 2006, 17:15
SMHC

Perth WA is the only place to live!!!!

And with the resources boom the only place that makes financial sense!!!!

Jerricho
18th Apr 2006, 17:21
Perth WA is the only place to live!!!!

Oh Scrubby...............

tall and tasty
18th Apr 2006, 17:29
Hi Six

go out and party hard, or exercise at strange times ie 0200 (I did last night not being able to sleep) or pprune more all help eventually to get you back on track.

I hate jetlag I take ages to get over it it is always worse coming back for me then out at the destination.

good luck and hope you get over it soon

TnT

BenThere
18th Apr 2006, 17:32
To beat jet lag the most important thing after crossing multiple time zones is not to go to sleep right away. Stay up until midnight, no matter what time you arrive, no matter how tired you are, then sleep. The next day you'll be on cycle.

Loose rivets
18th Apr 2006, 18:00
The next day you'll be on cycle.

Yes, I find peddling tires me out as well:} :}

haughtney1
18th Apr 2006, 18:20
Stay awake as looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong as possible, your body adapts better to longer days rather than shorter ones, my preference is about 18 cups of coffee, and a blistering workout in the gym just as I start to get sleepy..hope this helps:ok:

RaraAvis
18th Apr 2006, 20:17
Well, the trick is to combine the unavoidable sleepless nights with something entirely pleasurable that would keep you awake anyway.... Works a treat:E

The Desert Ferret
18th Apr 2006, 20:30
Get totally utterly ratted - trousers down six of the best - completely Yeltsin.

Drink - the one true panacea.

sixmilehighclub
19th Apr 2006, 23:46
trousers down six

Is my webcam on?????? :confused: :}

Dark Knight
20th Apr 2006, 01:41
Read the ops manual......

Works every time

Dk