PDA

View Full Version : Volga Dnepr Requ. ?

dxbpilot
18th Apr 2006, 07:10
Does anyone know what Volga Dnepr 's requirements are for F/O or S/O ? or do you have to be eastern europe to have any chance of working for them ?

any input would be great

cheers

CargoOne
18th Apr 2006, 08:20
Are you looking for VDA's An-124 or ABC's 747F job? Both of them are often referred as Volga Dnepr and in fact they still under one AOC. However I don't think you have any chance with An-124 due to many reasons. 747Fs are also crewed by Russians but you can try to send CV to this email: [email protected]

dxbpilot
19th Apr 2006, 01:34
Yeah thats what I figured, I have a soft spot for the soviet freighters and would love to fly the IL 76 or 124. Is there any chance of this with any company or is it all ex russian air force guys ? Maybe I'll go for a drive down to sharjah and do the rounds ! see what comes up.

thanks alot for the info mate

cheers

CargoOne
21st Apr 2006, 03:19
A large part of AN124 and IL76 pilots are ex-military however there are many pilots with civilian background as well.
One of the biggest problems you may face is Russian is used as a working language in a cockpit, also all docs/manuals/training/etc are in Russian. Yes, there are docs and training available in English but it is for a group training for a foreign customers like Indian Air Forces, I don't think any commercial operator would even consider to arrange it for you.
Also you should be aware that IL76 jobs are very low paid.