PDA

View Full Version : Anytime, anyplace, anywhere...

panda-k-bear
17th Apr 2006, 20:43
Arrgh! I've got that camp little bit of music going round my head and it's all sixmile's fault - anytime, anyplace, anywhere...

Now please put me out of my misery and tell me what the advert was for. Was it Martini? Frau bear thinks it was black magic or something but it's really, really bugging me.

Really bugging me.

Please sixmile, put a bear and his wife out of their misery....

frostbite
17th Apr 2006, 21:00
Yes, believe it was Martini.

DG101
17th Apr 2006, 21:00
Relax, Panda. You named that tune in one. It was Martini.

tall and tasty
17th Apr 2006, 21:03
Martini is the one.......... but now you have got me singing the song for the caburys fruit and nut bar ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :p

something to do with the amount of choocie I ate yesterday I think:}

TnT

Rainboe
17th Apr 2006, 21:09
OK, so was it a Martini ad where that blonde Brit bird from Desperate Housewives, Nicolette Sheridan, skated across New York in an outrageous outfit carrying a tray with said drink on it and delivered it to off camera man? And who was that long deceased ugly French bloke who used to be the Dubonnet man? Does anybody still drink that stuff anymore? And there's another Italian one, whose name thankfully escapes me, that tastes like cough syrup.

The Real Slim Shady
17th Apr 2006, 21:13
RIGHT THAT'S IT!!!!

What the **** has chocolate got do with a Professional Pilot's Forum???

We don't get crew food!!

And as for martini's ......we get breathalysed now!!

Next????

BALIX
17th Apr 2006, 21:26
Dubonet, sil vous plait. :yuk:

My favourite was the Cointreau ad:

French bloke: "Ze ice, ze coolness of you Briteesh, ze Cointreau ze warmness of we French. Put zem together and..."

English bird: "The ice melts."

French bloke: "Fancy a shag?"

I think the last bit was cut from the broadcast version :confused:

tall and tasty
17th Apr 2006, 21:32
What the **** has chocolate got do with a Professional Pilot's Forum???
keeps us girls happy :O happy girls happy guys up the front (trust me on that one) :D

TnT

alpha male
17th Apr 2006, 21:34
The "fancy a shag?" bit was in the Jasper Carrot version. He also did a version of the long running Nescafe Gold Blend ad- in his version, there was an extra episode where they were pictured in bed together, and he asks,
"How was it?" and she replies:
"Like your coffee. Instant."

Jerricho
17th Apr 2006, 21:34
Fark me Slim........you had a couple of martini's yourself mate?

Hope you ain't flying tomorrow.

BALIX
17th Apr 2006, 21:42
The "fancy a shag?" bit was in the Jasper Carrot version.

Damn, I should have known that someone else would have remembered that. Well done Alpha. Shame it wasn't the official version. After all, that is precisely what the French bloke was after. I mean no bloke, French or not, would admit to liking Cointreau unless there was some ulterior motive such as getting into the knickers of some posh bird...

ExSimGuy
17th Apr 2006, 21:43
Then there's the famous Hash House Harriers' somg:

More beer, more beer, more beer, more beer,
More beer, more beer, more beer,
More beer, more beer, more beer, more beer,

(to the tune of "Amazing Grace")

"Beer Is Good For You" - http://www.bigfy.com

"Buggah! - the "Bigfy" site seems to have gone :{ anyone know where it went?

sixmilehighclub
17th Apr 2006, 21:49
and it's all sixmile's fault It wouldn't stand up in court, nobody saw me do it! You can't prove it!! :\

Ultranomad
17th Apr 2006, 22:03
Before I read to the place where you mention it was an ad, I thought you wrote of the "Superstitious girl" song of Whitney Houston's (?) fame.

teeteringhead
18th Apr 2006, 14:47
Never forgot who the advert was for, cos I used to know of a young lady who had the nickname of "Martini" ............. can't imagine why .....:E