PDA

View Full Version : Cabin Crew medical

crewboy
17th Apr 2006, 14:02
Hi Guys,:)
Just wondering what a Cabin Crew medical consists of, I will have my first Cabin Crew Job in a few months and was wondering what was involved, do they take blood samples and if so what are they testing for? etc.

I realise that every airline might vary but I should imagine that the general things might be the same.

Thanks in advance,
Crewboy:ok:

Eddy
17th Apr 2006, 14:25
Hi Guys,:)
Just wondering what a Cabin Crew medical consists of, I will have my first Cabin Crew Job in a few months and was wondering what was involved, do they take blood samples and if so what are they testing for? etc.

I realise that every airline might vary but I should imagine that the general things might be the same.

Thanks in advance,
Depends who the job is with. If it's British Airways, there's no medical as such. The onus is on you to declare anything that might affect your performance. You're given a detailed sheet of things that the company wants you to declare.

flyblue
17th Apr 2006, 15:15
Eddy,
you don't get any Company Medical? I know in UK there's no CAA medical for CC, but I thought you had a BA medical.
In France we have a yearly Company Medical, plus a full Medical check (the equivalent of your CAA check, more or less like the pilots do) every two years. If you don't pass the full check you are declared unfit to fly :(

Eddy
17th Apr 2006, 15:21
Nope. No medical.

If you declare something on your form, the company take you aside and put you through various tests etc. but if you declare nothing, you're dandy.

flyblue
17th Apr 2006, 15:22
Cool :)

Thanks for your reply :ok:

Eddy
17th Apr 2006, 15:34
Cool :)

Thanks for your reply :ok:

To be honest, I think that a large part of the reason for the implementation of our more harsh sickness policy is the lack of medicals at the intake stage.

Of course, it's not unrealistic to think that some people won't actually declare illnesses that they suffer from. By introducing a policy on sickness that sees a minimal number of days off resulting in further action being taken, the company is able to weed out those who are either prone to illness OR perhaps weren't particularly honest on their declaration.

British Airways used to have a strict medical check prior to commencement of employment but I believe this was abolished back in 2001 when the last of the new recruits until late 2003 joined the company. In 2003 the airline needed a massive number of new staff and I think it just wasn't practical for them all to be given these medicals.

amrwefky
17th Apr 2006, 19:32
[quote=crewboy]Hi Guys,:)

Thanks in advance,
THE BLOD TEST IS ABOUT LIVER FUNCTIONS AND ALCHOLIC TESTS ,SO MAKE SURE YOU DONT HAVE ANY DRUGS 1 WEEK BEFORE YOUR MEDICAL
AND YOU HAVE X RAY ALSO
ALSO YOU HAVE HEART BEETING TEST SO TRY TO BE COOL