PDA

View Full Version : Ozjet Branding Confused Passengers

Escape_Slide
17th Apr 2006, 10:00
Just as we see the remnants of Ozjet signage being taken down, you cannot help being reminded of the how inappropriate it was.
A closer look at the Ozjet sign shows it has the O7 IATA prefix in a lighter blue than the rest of the name which was in dark blue. i.e. O7LJET The 7L is just a fancy Z.
So who was this supposed to be aimed at. The public? Perhaps it had some meaning to a travel agent at best, but the public??? No way, surely?
And you could not help thinking how many of the ideas, therefore that O7 had were not quite thought out well enough and it just seems to me that advertising empty seats on billboards was one of them.:hmm:

ozangel
17th Apr 2006, 11:23
Legal Counsel, ahem, pardon me I mean Escape Slide, does this make you feel better? Your Vendetta with Ozjet is bordering on insane, though I will admit its hillarious. Laughing at you honey, not with you, and promise you im not the only one :ok: (Pictures you curled up in the corner of a dark room, rocking back and forth murmering 'Ozjet' and 'Stoddart' repeatedly in a obsessed insane manner). Whats more is your enthusiasm for Gold, a company which has been proven following very little searching, to be nothing more than a pipe dream. When Gold applies for an AOC, perhaps they will be taken seriously. Unfortunately for people with less experience in the industry, all Gold is doing right now is getting peoples hopes up. Its been around for years, both under the name of Pacific Southwest, and as Venture something...

I have no loyalties with Ozjet - so all I will say to you is keep these ranting posts coming, not because I want to hear bad stuff about a company you claim to know so much about yet have nothing to do with, BUT because nobody loves the entertainment of an insane person raving about Jesus Christ/Weight Loss/Aliens or in your case, an airline as much as i do...

ditzyboy
17th Apr 2006, 12:57
I actually thought the logo was quite clever. The livery I found tacky, however.

I thought the logo 'Z' was two arrows - one in either direction giving connotations of 'speedy' and 'shuttle'. The blue representing authority and service.

Escape Slide -
Why would they put an 'L' in the logo?

Escape_Slide
17th Apr 2006, 22:12
Oh Ozangel, that is absurd. If I have you that confused, gosh, I am very sorry. Perhaps I am attracted to this sort of sh*t. That aside, I am just more acutely aware of the way the forum followed these organisations and they are the only real new airlines starting up in this era in Oz so gives us all a chance to share our views. Is it so painful to you that you have to play guardian angel for Ozjet? What are you? A shareholder? Maybe an agent for the FBI on assignment?

Ditzyboy I agree you can look at it like that and perhaps Sydney public transport's original logo did that too without words, mind you. As far as I can recall, Ozjet tried to get OZ as the IATA designator but it was not available. This happened before the first aircraft was painted in Bournemouth. The idea was clever enough, just in my view, mis-directed. I was not really trying to suggest there was an L in the logo but probably it was the only thing they could do since the 7 needed to be there (in their view) so out pops this L. We are supposed to not see that once we read the O7 I guess. I am not sure it conveys speed and authority though. Maybe it's because it was painted on an old plane. It's sort of like painting that stuff on a DC3. It's never going to work unless it is on a Concorde!!!!

I have to admit the airplane colour scheme reminds me of a K-Mart tyre service UTE, but then that's PS I guess, not very original when you look at it in relation to the jumbos Euro Av had. But look on a positive note that was what he was all about and a butterfly on the tail would just not be him would it? :yuk:

ozangel
17th Apr 2006, 23:55
ES, you dont have me confused at all - i would put money on you being Legal Council - LC dissappears into the closet, and like a bad magic trick, you pop out of an audience members a*se, same person, just full of more excrement.

However, I have realised one thing, and that is that by responding to your insane rants, it just makes you rant more...

Its like the gentlemen I saw raving about Jesus in London once - no one cared and he went away. Was stalked by a woman in Rundle Mall in ADL a few years back claiming to have been probed by aliens and was being followed by the FBI - she even wanted to frisk me for a wire. Of course, she was still there the next day doing the same thing - because people paid attention. (I spose, at least she had something slightly more interesting and probably more factual to say than you).

So, on that note, have fun getting no/few replies to your pointless topics - its been fun... Also to the Mods, I dont see at all how this relates specifically to Cabin Crew - the topic is going no where, and is probably better suited to the 14yo's on airliners.net forums.