PDA

View Full Version : Send Clowns

Capt. Queeg
16th Apr 2006, 08:23
What happened to Send Clowns? I see he's been banned but can't find out what he did to tread on his old fella.

Did I miss something....? It'd have to be an interesting read.

Did the regulars gather to dish out another drubbing to him on some particular field of expertise and he tossed his teddy?

Unwell_Raptor
16th Apr 2006, 10:44
Well, he's certainly a man of very decided opinions, who sometimes becomes intemperate in expressing them.

tall and tasty
16th Apr 2006, 10:55
I see he's been banned but can't find out what he did to tread on his old fella.

oh nooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!

He is such a lovely chap to meet and everyone is or should be allowed their opinions.But then I guess if the rules were broken then the Ineviatable happens:ugh: :{

(Dons on hard hat and heads for the door)

TnT

Spinflight
18th Apr 2006, 01:31
Damned fine bloke SC. Very sorry to see him go....

He probably made a slightly cutting remark to someone of the 'correct' political orientation, someone who once flew on sleazyjet to Majorca and didn't much like it.

BenThere
18th Apr 2006, 02:33
Is there a method for seeing who is banned?

Also, where is the key for the marks that show up on the thread list, such as the check mark on the right side of some thread titles. Do they mean anything?

Send Clowns has much to contribute and I hope for his return.

Onan the Clumsy
18th Apr 2006, 03:46
Should he now be refered to as Sent Clowns? :confused:

acbus1
18th Apr 2006, 07:02
If ever I needed a true perspective, an objective view, a clear analysis and a simple explanation.....

.......I 'd read his posts and assume the opposite. :rolleyes:

Was he not just a wind-up merchant?

Loose rivets
18th Apr 2006, 07:15
There's nowt like the self assurance of youth...but perhaps he cried, "liar, liar pants on fire!" one too many times.

Now, who else can I pick a darn good argument with?

Unwell_Raptor
18th Apr 2006, 07:58
Now, who else can I pick a darn good argument with?

Come on then, if yer think ye're 'ard enough.

Grainger
18th Apr 2006, 08:11
Crossed swords with SC on more than one occasion. :E

Yes, he could be annoying, but you've gotta respect someone who would stick to and defend his point of view, even though you didn't always agree with it.

I don't know what he did to get banned, but we are diminished by his absence and I hope it is not permanent. Perhaps he'll be allowed back after a suitable spell in the Sin Bin.

Blacksheep
18th Apr 2006, 08:20
I used to be 'ard enough but I'm getting too old to be bothered these days.
Should I be worried? Is it time for me to leave JB and head for Agony Aunts? They say you haven't truly Blasted until you've been savaged by a Sent Clown or demolished by a Davaar.

Back to the disappeared - I shouldn't worry, one's gone but history suggests another always comes along shortly.

ChocksAwayUK
18th Apr 2006, 08:42
If ever I needed a true perspective, an objective view, a clear analysis and a simple explanation.....
.......I 'd read his posts and assume the opposite. :rolleyes:
Was he not just a wind-up merchant?

That's what I always found to be the case also acbus1.. but free speech and all that, not sure why he should have been banned. Was always pretty alarmed at his confidence in what he believed combined with not being particularly well-informed, always a dangerous (and irritating) combo.

strafer
18th Apr 2006, 10:35
Methinks some people are happy to see the back of him because he bested them in the past.

As to why he's 'busy' - there may be a clue in post #415 on the 'Pictures of Everybody' thread. :}

G-CPTN
18th Apr 2006, 10:50
Nah! Wrong SC!

BALIX
18th Apr 2006, 10:50
Hows about we start a Clowns Is Innocent campaign. Even if he isn't.

I tend not to get involved in the political debates but always enjoyed Clowns standing up to the lefties. Say what you like about him, he always had some sort of reasoned argument to back him up. You might not agree with it but there you go. His views are right wing, of course, but are a million miles away from those of the extreme right. I guess some people can't see the difference.

strafer
18th Apr 2006, 10:55
Nah! Wrong SC!Maybe not then!

Still, it's important to remember the general point that females are preferable to emails.

wint3rmute
18th Apr 2006, 10:57
Well strafer, I admit I had to look up the meaning of 'bested'. 'Defeated' apparently - if by that you mean 'gone on and on to an autistic degree defending some irrelevant conviction against all evidence and facts until opponent really can't be bothered' then I think you may have something!

strafer
18th Apr 2006, 11:04
wint3rmute - I'm on the lookout for Lima or Alpha Junk's new handle. Wouldn't be you would it? :}

Capt.KAOS
18th Apr 2006, 11:09
I like how SC composes his messages and admire his writing style, which unfortunately is often overdone and therefore worth a better case.

I'm sure he'll be back, like most of those who went AWOL. Hell, even Rt.Hon. Davaar made a come back...

wint3rmute
18th Apr 2006, 11:11
Ha! Well not being a regular to Jet Blast and therefore said posters I don't know whether to take that as a compliment or otherwise, but I can assure you that I'm my own 'unique' person.

Unwell_Raptor
18th Apr 2006, 11:28
We used to be blessed with the thoughts of Tartan Gannet, another prolific and opinionated poster who eventually imploded.

Do you think it's actually one person who keeps getting renewed like Doctor Who?

ex_matelot
18th Apr 2006, 11:55
Hope he's back real soon, not to worry, the rest of the soldiers of righteousness continue to put the treehuggers to the sword on the hamsterwheel in his absence.

Was he a lone warrior or..did he take anybody down with him?

G-CPTN
18th Apr 2006, 12:24
Do you think it's actually one person who keeps getting renewed like Doctor Who?
Doctor who?

Parapunter
18th Apr 2006, 12:45
Ah, the Gannett. One suspects he or she has peeked in from time to time. One recalls many a verbal joust with the Gannet. From memory, one recalls the Gannet as creating the impression of being a child hating housebound flat dweller form somewhere in Glasgow - must have been the tone of the posts:p :p

Spinflight
18th Apr 2006, 13:21
I rather liked SC's style personally.

Saw plenty of good drubbings handed out, probably to those who found him oh so annoying (most of whom are no doubt posting under their 4th or 5th handle by now). :p

CWL2YOW
18th Apr 2006, 13:37
For some reason, SC always reminded me of Harry Enfield's Tory Boy character. It was fun sparring with The Duke, who was forever berating people for using an improper debating technique, and could never - ever - admit that he was wrong. Maybe he's gone on a Bud Lite drinking binge?

G-CPTN
18th Apr 2006, 13:39
Maybe he's gone on a Bud Lite drinking binge?
Now that WAS funny :ok:

Curious Pax
18th Apr 2006, 13:41
Strange definition of a drubbing you have there SF. A curious fellow without a doubt - his vitriole in JB, and the rather tedious debating style of accusing anyone disagreeing with him as being a liar, or debating dishonestly, often based on the flimsiest of semantic justifications seems at odds with his infrequent but usually sensitive contributions to Agony Aunt.

Still, as Oscar Wilde is reputed to have said (at least as quoted in Monty Python): "the only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about", so based on this thread he has the edge on us all!!

Whirlygig
18th Apr 2006, 13:41
reminded me of Harry Enfield's Tory Boy character
Much as I love SC to bits (although not his politics!), that IS funny!

However, to accuse him drinking Bud Lite? That is a scurrilous thing to say indeed about someone who can sink more real ale than me!

However, although banned (temporarily I hope!), I believe he can still read these pages as a guest :p

Cheers

Whirls

ex_matelot
18th Apr 2006, 14:10
Cpax,

Im sure that little spurt of kickin a man when he's down will be avenged once he returns!

Quite royally also,one should imagine,start revising now!;)

Biggles Flies Undone
18th Apr 2006, 15:28
No substitute for meeting someone in person – which is where the various Bashes can prove an eye-opener. If you try to judge someone by their BB persona I reckon you will get it wrong more times than you get it right.

I disagree with SC more times than I agree with him, but he’s a sound chap who deserves better than some of the stuff that people hiding behind the security of an online cloak are throwing at him.

someone who can sink more real ale than me
I don't believe it... :p

ex_matelot
18th Apr 2006, 15:42
Well said Biggles and...

More importantly,

he's an ex matelot also:ok:

airship
18th Apr 2006, 15:54
I have to admit that my respect for Send Clowns went up a few notches when I saw this post (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showpost.php?p=2507693&postcount=415). I'd even seriously considered changing my politics in view of that revelation... :O Since when, I've ascertained that the delectable creature that goes by the name Too Short (by the by, one is puzzled by the nick, she looks perfectly-proportioned in the photo...?! :D ) refers to someone other than Send Clowns...

Whatever, one has to show some solidarity with another inhabitant of the Riviera, even if it's only the English one... ;)

BRING BACK SEND CLOWNS! :ok:

Whirlygig
18th Apr 2006, 15:57
Well, in all fairness to Send Clowns, he has been out with a couple of the more attractive pprunettes :) . Not me though; we just drink beer :ok:

Cheers

Whirls

ex_matelot
18th Apr 2006, 15:59
Anybody ever noticed how you never see Send Clowns and Dave Martin in the same room together???

I wonder if.......!!!!

<tinfoil hattery to the extreme>

;)

airship
18th Apr 2006, 16:22
Anybody ever noticed how you never see Send Clowns and Dave Martin in the same room together??? Now I come to think about it, I've never noticed Send Clowns and ex_matelot in the same room together either...?! :(

ex_matelot
18th Apr 2006, 16:27
Thats because im XXgtr when not being busy being an ex matelot!

colmac747
18th Apr 2006, 18:27
Who's this Send Clowns you all talk off?

:}

ex_matelot
18th Apr 2006, 19:59
Mike,

I see you are ex crabair...

I propose a duel:ok:

Whirlygig
18th Apr 2006, 20:00
He'll_kill_me_for_this! (http://www.pprune.org/forums/member.php?u=137830)

Cheers

Whirls

Mac the Knife
18th Apr 2006, 20:12
Well, I miss Send Clowns too, though I have to say he frequently got on my tits and we had a couple of sharp exchanges :ouch:

And the ol' Gannet - he could be an infuriating old codger, but he was always dead honest and his heart was in the right place :ok:

Now what about Captain Ed and OCB? :E

ex_matelot
18th Apr 2006, 21:27
Dont come at me with those fancy emoticons!!;)

Have you checked my profile?

It would indeed be one-sided,im just trying to decide what range I'll cut you in half at:ok:

tall and tasty
18th Apr 2006, 21:39
Well, in all fairness to Send Clowns, he has been out with a couple of the more attractive pprunettes thats cos he is a handsome chap himself and very decent with it too ( no I am not one of his ex's, and he did not pay me to say that either ) but I have had lovely evenings chatting to him on a mutual subject of bones and artifacts from times gone by, we studied the same degree at uni so two together will talk non stop about such things :p

But I think the mods will give him a repreve.................. please I join the trongs of those who are asking for his return.

TnT

Ps Whirls are you sure you are far enough away to safely post that link :p :O

bigfatsweatysock
18th Apr 2006, 21:49
Good grief... :yuk:
Maybe he just won the Thrush Award once too often.

Met him once, can't say my opinion of him is much different to the opinion I have of his online personality.

pulse1
18th Apr 2006, 22:33
You lot have obviously not bothered to read his posts properly and have deliberately misquoted him all the time. If you had read them properly you would understand that he is always right, all of the time.

Just thought that you might miss him less if I repeated his most common post.

ExSimGuy
18th Apr 2006, 22:33
Well, in all fairness to Send Clowns, he has been out with a couple of the more attractive pprunettes :) . Not me though
Whirls Oh come on though, you're not that bad looking Whirls!

Anyone remember what his previous persona was? It's stuck in the back of my mind and I can't remember.

Oh well, look forward to meeting SC2 at the September Gat-Bash, and we'll see if, like Dr. Who, he has transformed into a completly different style

G-CPTN
18th Apr 2006, 22:35
I made a mistake once - I thought I was wrong, but when I checked I found that I had been right all the time . . .

Whirlygig
18th Apr 2006, 23:24
Mike, I think Whirlsie might just go shopping! With my now very rusty nuclear physics knowledge :} and given that SC/SC2 ain't a million miles away from BishopBonnerShire :ouch:

ExSim - you say the sweetest things but you have only seen me aged 3!

Cheers

Whirls

Davaar
19th Apr 2006, 19:45
They say you haven't truly Blasted until you've been savaged by a Sent Clown or demolished by a Davaar.

This thread introduces ugly elements of fairness, justice, reason and generosity of spirit that the better sort will recognise as wholly alien to JetBlast.

Blacksheep, however, stands true to traditional standards. I have brooded anxiously on his hurtful, wounding, comment aimed partly at, beyond peradventure, me.

Sent Clowns can look after himself. I hesitate to divert attention from him; but I do reflect on the sleepless, tortured hours I have spent in worry about Blacksheep, in that big island there even closer to the Equator than Australia, menaced by canivorous (and I do not mean carnivorous with an "r", although that too) and for all I know homivorous arachnids, eager to pounce. On him. Where, I would ask myself, is my wandering boy tonight? He may affect ease of spirit, bravely naming these creatures Alice and the like, but I know better; he lives in constant dread.

I have been saving up, in fact, to send him a gross of Raid, because I am of an essentially benign, kindly and lovable nature, some have even said cuddlesome. I am sure this is generally acknowledged, but not by him.

His charge that I am a demolitionary is, as we say in my own sad trade, frivolous and vexatious. I do not know where to turn. I am sure Capt.Kaos would never harbour such thoughts.

Unwell_Raptor
19th Apr 2006, 19:58
De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bunkum - again

fmgc
19th Apr 2006, 21:34
I have to admit that my respect for Send Clowns went up a few notches when I saw this post (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showpost.php?p=2507693&postcount=415). I'd even seriously considered changing my politics in view of that revelation... :O Since when, I've ascertained that the delectable creature that goes by the name Too Short (by the by, one is puzzled by the nick, she looks perfectly-proportioned in the photo...?! :D ) refers to someone other than Send Clowns...

I think that if you look at the URL of Too Short's picture S C might stand for Syllogism Check.

Me obsessed, no, Officer, not me!

Davaar
19th Apr 2006, 21:41
Are you telling us this syllogism had an undistributed middle?

Sven Sixtoo
19th Apr 2006, 21:55
Ex matelot
and Mike Jenvey
pick a date, name your weapons, come to Bisley, I'll referee.
My money's on Mike.
Having been shot down by SC and bjcc in concert, I claim the right to say SC is innoc inocece inconen ....
whatever, let him back, this is JB
Sven

Solid Rust Twotter
20th Apr 2006, 08:10
Ooh! Ooh!

Can I play too? SMLE with Fehrlach barrel should be able to keep up....:E :ok:

acbus1
20th Apr 2006, 09:21
I claim the right to say SC is innoc inocece inconen ....

aww, sod it, easier to spell....guilty!

;)

ex_matelot
20th Apr 2006, 12:35
My weapon Mike shall be...

The assorted postings of Dave Martin at 500 Watts on loudspeaker,
Dare you accept the challenge?

No earduffs allowed:ok:

Whirlygig
20th Apr 2006, 13:15
Mike,

May I suggest a weapon? It might not mean much to some Jet Blasters but, the divers ramblings of PPRUNE FAN#1 even at low volume would be a mighty weapon.

Just a little tip you understand :E

Cheers

Whirls

ex_matelot
20th Apr 2006, 14:28
Are you sure Mike?

Monsieur Draper has also kindly offered to brief you on the engineering prowess of those who hail from the north east also:ok:

Anyway,whens Send Clowns back?

Does anybody know??

Whirlygig
20th Apr 2006, 15:01
Yes.

Cheers

Whirls

SyllogismCheck
20th Apr 2006, 15:01
The photo in question, mentioned by Airship, is indeed hosted on this SC's account.
Sorry for any confusion - no apologies proffered for the picture. ;)

airship
20th Apr 2006, 15:09
Yeah, go on (the other) SC - rub it in...

I'm not envious... :{

SAY 12 HAIL MARYs AIRSHIP! :uhoh:

Blacksheep
21st Apr 2006, 07:38
His charge that I am a demolitionary is, as we say in my own sad trade, frivolous and vexatious. I do not know where to turn. I am sure Capt.Kaos would never harbour such thoughts.True to form, that post was a perfect demolition, done in his customary gentlemanly style. It is just as I said - you haven't PPRuNed until you've been demolished by a Davaar :ok:

Alice never truly bothered me, though I must admit that she succeeded in outdancing Dog after a three metre cobra had miserably failed. Perhaps her eight-nil advantage in the leg department had something to do with it?

Capt.KAOS
21st Apr 2006, 09:32
You haven't really PPRuNed until you've announced your retirement in a dramatic last post and returning sooner or later if nothing has been said...

BenThere
21st Apr 2006, 12:47
Did you do that KAOS?

If so, I never saw it or I'd have done you the honor.

Capt.KAOS
21st Apr 2006, 14:11
Whom the cap fits, let him wear it, BenThere ;)

Davaar
21st Apr 2006, 15:43
Vox populi revocabat. Ego servus.

green granite
21st Apr 2006, 16:08
Vox populi revocabat. Ego servus.

What has people shouting got to do with withdrawing from egotistcal slaves/
public servants :confused: :confused: :confused:

G-CPTN
21st Apr 2006, 16:10
Egor Blimey . . .

Davaar
21st Apr 2006, 16:54
Thai say.
Quhat say they?
Let theyme say!

OneWorld22
21st Apr 2006, 17:00
Good grief!

Myself and SC had some right ol' bust ups down through the years, the two of us were even given a weeks vacation from PPRuNeland by the powers that be after a particulary erm "heated" debate....:O

Sorry to see him banned though, we could scrap, but then we could agree on other things like sport etc.

Seemed like a decent guy, just strong opinions (like the rest of us!)

Grainger
21st Apr 2006, 17:01
(What they do!)
(They smile in your face)
All the time they want to take your place
The back stabbers (back stabbers)...

The O'Jays I think.

er... well, makes about as much sense as the last few posts :confused:

Not you, OW22 . . . simultaneous post phenomenon

Big Tudor
21st Apr 2006, 18:29
Jeez, sorry to see SC banned. As with most people here it was a rare occurence when I agreed with him but fair play to the man, he could argue his point with vigour and knowledge. And unlike a lot of JBers (me included) he is actually a (deep breath now) PILOT! :eek:

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it". :ok:

Orion Man
21st Apr 2006, 19:04
Send Clowns.....ummm.

A particularly feisty debater who I remember crossing swords with on more than one occasion. I failed to comprehend what he was saying at times when you had him on the back foot as he then began accusing you of misquoting him to deflect the thin ice he was treading on precariously with his argument.

Hey ho, another old hand leaves the scene. SASless, Lima and now Send Clowns. Bit of a JB shakeout in the air.

Regards

Orion Man

Orion Man
21st Apr 2006, 20:14
Yes, he was given his marching orders from JB some time ago I am led to believe, but is free to post on other forums.

What was Send Clowns crime anyone ? Or was it a build up over time ?

Regards

Orion Man

Davaar
21st Apr 2006, 20:36
How does everyone know SC is banned? Is there a gathering of heralds and a blast of trumpets at the mercat cross, with public reading of Letters of Horning, or is the news just posted somewhere? Or is it intuition?

bigfatsweatysock
21st Apr 2006, 20:59
Davaar,

After making some enquiries I have it on very good authority the clown is on holiday from JB for a short time, but will return soon.

I dont miss him, I dont feel he adds to the general pprune "experience" other than someone to laugh at. Kind of like the ranting weirdo down the pub - but that is just my opinion. :p

Abraham Zapruder
21st Apr 2006, 21:22
Digging for North Sea Oil somewhere off the English coast perhaps? http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aetsch/cheeky-smiley-031.gif

Abe

Orion Man
21st Apr 2006, 22:31
Maybe he'll come back a reformed man bigfatsweatysock ! Then again :rolleyes:

Regards

Orion Man

bigfatsweatysock
22nd Apr 2006, 08:46
Orion Man,

That would probably be the same day I become a ballerina... :=

Capt. Queeg
25th Apr 2006, 11:39
How does everyone know SC is banned?It says "banned... persona non grata" under his name.

That makes it "elementary", I believe.

Is there a gathering of heralds and a blast of trumpets at the mercat cross, with public reading of Letters of Horning, (etc)Negative, this manner of fanfare is normally reserved for announcing one's voluntary departure. :p

hardcase
25th Apr 2006, 14:27
i had the unfortunate displeasure of working with him :mad:.....enough said

bigfatsweatysock
25th Apr 2006, 14:32
hardcase,
It must have been great working with an aviation legend like "The Duke" there must be some fantastic stories of sampling English Wine and Bud Lite :E

hardcase
25th Apr 2006, 14:38
yeah it was a regular mardi gras every day :yuk:

G-CPTN
25th Apr 2006, 14:39
WITH the appropriate dress?

hardcase
25th Apr 2006, 14:42
no thank god
:E

Blacksheep
26th Apr 2006, 04:54
Never mind the dearly departed Ronald McDonald, Flaps has been gone from the scene for rather a long time. Has she been banned? :confused:

RiskyRossco
26th Apr 2006, 05:20
Nope, not banned, Blacksheep. :hmm:

Curious Pax
26th Apr 2006, 08:14
But to get back to the original point - what did he do? Anyone see the offending post?

Flintstone
26th Apr 2006, 16:05
Send Clowns banned, eh?

Maybe this place is in with a chance of returning to its former glory.

green granite
26th Apr 2006, 17:01
But to get back to the original point - what did he do? Anyone see the offending post?

It happened around the time that "tit monday" and "who is the most beautiful
girl on Pprune" threads got zapped so it may have been something on one of those :sad:

strafer
28th Apr 2006, 14:16
then what you DO know is that said poster has access to the Admin forumNot true.

Go and look at an old post by Send Clowns (or indeed Mr Draper) and you'll find 'Banned...Persona Non Grata' under their user names.

BTW - I know 'it's Danny's board, follow his rules, etc, etc" but does anyone else think it's a bit cheeky banning people who've paid for personal titles? (As both of the abovenamed have). Surely a deleted post and a warning PM should suffice for people who've put money into your pocket?

Whilst I don't always agree with SC I think he delivers well, what say you?I agree. He's been banned for quite a while though, maybe he's cold-turkeyed?

Orion Man
28th Apr 2006, 15:26
He must be chomping at the bit reading this thread unable to add his own unique brand of verbal fecies to his defence. I personally found him to be the most argumentative back-room lawyer-type individual I have come across on this forum.

Maybe a prolonged spell in the cooler with baseball glove and ball is just what he needs :ok:

Regards

Orion Man

SyllogismCheck
28th Apr 2006, 15:33
does anyone else think it's a bit cheeky banning people who've paid for personal titles?As someone who has paid for said article; no, I don't think it's cheeky at all.
All the cost, and a very negligible cost at that, of a personal title does is to put back a fraction of what one takes out. There's no reason at all that the outlay of a few quid should give one the right to expect more leniency than anyones else should rules be broken. It's a token of support, not a get out of gaol free card.

Loose rivets
28th Apr 2006, 16:19
Even ‘one' got a mild rebuke the other day. I put on a moving image of a young lady bringing me some beer--clamped between her rather ample breasts.

I was surprised that it was cut, and me censured, until I took another look at the picture. The poor lass had forgotten to put her frock on. I hadn't noticed of course.:8

Capt.KAOS
28th Apr 2006, 16:22
It's in the writings that Clowns will resurrect on page 10.

Curious Pax
28th Apr 2006, 16:25
Do you think he'll be like Dr Who and regenerate into a different body? Which Duke would we get this time round?

Whirlygig
3rd May 2006, 09:58
It's Send Clowns birthday today so let's all be nice to him! Perhaps he'll be allowed back now he's "another year older and deeper in debt!"

Happy Birthday SC

Cheers

Whirls

Gainesy
3rd May 2006, 10:27
Onan The Clumsy seems to be absent recently too.:confused:

Whirlygig
3rd May 2006, 16:32
So just for SC,

The Third of May, the Third of May
Outdoor shagging starts today!

Cheers

Whirls

OK - slight misquote!

airship
3rd May 2006, 16:41
It's in the writings that Clowns will resurrect on page 10. Are you sure yer not thinking of the Book of Revelation... :uhoh:

frostbite
3rd May 2006, 18:18
Just a thought (idle variety). If SC was suspended by one of the departed mods., will another remember/be able to, reinstate him?

Capt. Queeg
3rd May 2006, 20:55
Been a few bannings lately. Not just in JB neither. Seems to be there's a new, reduced level of tolerance for out-spokeness. Outspeak, if you like.

And why are ALL the mods' names still featuring on the credits area of the JB page if some of them have done their lollies and moved on?