PDA

View Full Version : CPL practice exams

almostthere!
16th Apr 2006, 01:52
Hi all. I am interested to hear what other people have found during their experience in regards to CPL practice exams. Is there enough out there and what do people think are the best ones? Cheers

jetbrett
16th Apr 2006, 08:50
Bob Tait books and the practice Q's in the back of the book are invaluable. Dont get stuck with Trevor Thom books because they are there to teach you the hard foundations of the theory, whereas the Bob Tait books teach you in a way so that you will pass the CASA exam. (Same for Rob Avery when you get to ATPL's). As far as practice Exams alone, go and buy or contact AFT in Queensland to buy some of their exams, do at least five of theirs and i can guarantee that when u sit the CASA exam you would have seen 70% of the actual questions, that being said be careful because you might look at a Question and go I know the answer to that, you might put the right answer, but a word might be different, just the difference of 'and' & 'or' can be enough to change the answer, to the MORE right one. Going a bit off track. Good luck, dont rely solely on class theory, read read and more read and you will pass every one, Have fun JB

UnderneathTheRadar
17th Apr 2006, 01:12
What JettBrett said about Bob Tait. Just don't buy his practice exams AND his books as the questions are the same.

UTR

harrip
17th Apr 2006, 06:18
I'd agree. The Bob Tait books got me through my theory okay. I did use the practice exam kit for one subject - I'd see how you find the exams and only buy the extra revision questions (on CD for via the web) if you get stuck on a particular subject.