PDA

View Full Version : Honour and Offer

Stafford
15th Apr 2006, 12:35
Well
Anyone like to comment on Bliar and his rather uncomfortable situation vis a vis the cash for peerages scandal now brewing. With one arrest so far and others in the pipeline, can he survive since it appears to have been Noo Labour policy to raise funds for favours.

So if you were with a nice young labour girl activist and she offered her honour, would you honour her offer or would you be honour and offer all night ? :} :E

Duchess_Driver
15th Apr 2006, 12:57
Course the slippery [email protected] will survive. He doesn't know what honour is! (Mind you, show me a politician that does.)

Gone are the days when a M.P. did something wrong/shady and had the decency to resign over it!

As Mrs Duchess has just said: Tony Teflon Blair.

DoubleDee

airship
15th Apr 2006, 13:02
I'd have to respect my peers and uhmmm, do the honours I think... :O

frostbite
15th Apr 2006, 13:07
I understand that the scheming sods have got round the 'donations for honours' by calling them loans, but loans are (meant) to be repaid at some point.

Haven't seen any detail on the repayment terms/interest mentioned anywhere,

airship
15th Apr 2006, 13:18
Well, at least it's not (yet anyway) like the scandals over French political party financing back in the '80s-'90s. The only 'honours' being handed out back then involved public contracts with back-handers into Swiss bank accounts, fictitious public sector employees drawing salaries that went who knows where etc... :uhoh:

1DC
15th Apr 2006, 15:29
If anyone goes to jail Teflon will just give them a pardon, unless they are Tories..That would be different cos then it would be slease..

colmac747
15th Apr 2006, 16:49
Gone are the days when a M.P. did something wrong/shady and had the decency to resign over it!

Come to think of it, has Bliar actually apologised over something/anything?

He must've been wrong sometime!

Lon More
15th Apr 2006, 17:23
Scotsman.com today had news on the latest Tory scam. They're all the :mad: same