PDA

View Full Version : virgin atlantic crew preformance monitoring and star review

virgincrew99
14th Apr 2006, 16:51
hello to all those virgin crew out there i wanted to get your opinions on our preformance monitoring system at work for those of you that arent virgin crew i will briefly explain the system basically on every flight each crew member is acessed by the cabin service supervisor this is all put into a computer and if your preforming well at work you are put forward for promotion ... personally i think this system has created a lot of conflict amongst crew member especially in the economy cabin fighting for promotion and there is no team work its everyone for themselves!! now that they have introduced preformance monitoring for senior crew as well so they must also excel inorder to be invited for an interview for cabin service supervisor this has really p****d off alot of crew at virgin.. how do you feel about the star review system? preformance monitoring? are you fed up? voice your opinions? would love to hear from you all hopefully linda moir will wake up and see that our so called virgin flair is dead and this is killing it off!
safe flying

TFlyguy
14th Apr 2006, 16:57
I find it hard to think how 1 Supervisor can assess every crew member on a large aircraft. In order to give a fair assessment the Supervisor should spend all/most of the flight with the person they are writing about - surely anything less will be unfair

Cosmic Girl
14th Apr 2006, 17:47
I agree.I think the system is rubbish and yes i think it does cause conflict between crew.I've heard from a few css's that the only way to get good performance monitoring is to work in the rear galley beside them.Personally i think this is wrong.If they are doing their job properly then they should make a point of at some stage during the flight working with some of the crew members in the front galley to get fair assessments on everyone.However,the procedure has changed very recently where juniors will work in a different position on the inbound sector as they did on the outbound.Maybe this will make a difference and give everyone a fair chance.It would be nice to be recognised for your experience and how good you are at your job,instead of how well you can kiss people's backsides..Afterall,our job is primarily about safety and if a company continues to promote people with not very much experience just cos they've 'played the game' then its only a matter of time before things go tits up..Well,thats my opinion anyway.Anyway rant over.Good topic though Virgincrew99!!! its great to get things off your chest!:D :D

Leclairage
16th Apr 2006, 15:16
As mere SLF who uses Virgin often, I may not be welcome in this thread. However......
One thing I have never quite understood is why on most flights the Cabin Service is quite awesome - smiles throughout the flight, service that knocks others into the shade; and on other flights the product is pretty dour and distant....makes wonder why I bought the ticket with you guys.
Why could this be?

OzzieO
16th Apr 2006, 15:22
Inconsistancy - pretty enevitable in any large organisation.

Leclairage
16th Apr 2006, 15:39
Indeed OzzieO....its what BA used to suffer from....but the Virgin Brand and advertising promises so much better for the paying SLF !

OzzieO
16th Apr 2006, 18:45
I think the problem is any small company can make service standard promises and deliver, but as it grows its harder to control standards.

I used to fly for BMA years ago and it was in terms of service standards and excellent carrier. But over the years as the airline as grown in terms of network and employees standards have dropped.