PDA

View Full Version : Kenya Airways

Sal-e
14th Apr 2006, 05:58
Before I sign up with Kenya Airways, could anybody give me more information about them?

Solid Rust Twotter
14th Apr 2006, 06:52
They serve a good vegetable curry in Economy.:ok:

Good airline but if you do a search on here you'll find a degree of politics that could sour things.

FlingWingKing
14th Apr 2006, 07:28
Go look at the thread KQ advert for 737 F/O's futher down on this forum. PM some of the key figures, I'm sure they will give you some insight.....

Kenuck
14th Apr 2006, 09:36
What do you want to know?

It's not a bad place to work. There's a lot of s**t going on at the moment regarding the hiring of 40 expats to crew the 737. This may result in industrial action in the short term.

Two issues central to this at the moment are:
1) Hiring expats - there are plenty of Kenyan pilots available to work for us including type rated individuals
2) Pay - The so-called expats are being offered upto to 3 times more money for the right seat of the 733 than a Kenyan pilot.

Cheers

Sal-e
14th Apr 2006, 10:41
KQguy,

thanks a lot for that peice of information. apart from the local issues, what's the flying like? how is the maintenance program of the aircrafts? is there animosity amongst the pilots or managers? is the accomodation facility for expats acceptable? is there a lot to do on days off?
any information will do before i sign that dotted line.

Tks.

Kenuck
14th Apr 2006, 12:02
Check you PM for more info.

kichwa tembo
15th Apr 2006, 12:57
Sal-e,

For me, Kq is a great place to work. The current dispute should be resolved sooner rather than later.

BTW, Am I to understand that you have been offered an expat position?

Sal-e
15th Apr 2006, 13:16
kitchwa,

yes, there is contracts being offered for expats ie people who don't live in kenya but will be based there. i have been offered a f/o position on the 73s. but i thought you already knew all that.