PDA

View Full Version : F1-11 Calls Pan-Pan

flaming_moe
13th Apr 2006, 10:15
Heard 'Aussie 47' ,an F1-11, calling a PAN-PAN situation just off Hokitika enroute to Wanaka this afternoon. Had a total hydraulic failure, landed at Christchurch with no hassles

Lodown
13th Apr 2006, 14:49
That'll happen every time in the F111. Lose the hassles in flight and the hydraulics fail automatically.

Like This - Do That
13th Apr 2006, 23:59
enroute to Wanaka

Surely not to land at Wanaka? Or were they wanting to pop in to Muzza's for the weekly roast lamb? Or some baba ganoush at the White House?

I just realised .... WOW is on, is the Pig making an appearance this year?

kmagyoyo
14th Apr 2006, 03:20
Memory item for the loss of both hyd systems in the Piggy is 'Eject' so they would only have lost one system. Guess they didn't get the practice in then...glad they've got a spare for tomorrow!

rmcdonal
14th Apr 2006, 06:11
Isn't It SOP for at least 1 Airforce aircraft to declare an emergancy every day?

Howard Hughes
14th Apr 2006, 07:25
rmcdonal, I always thought it was so they could get home in time for dinner..;)

ZK-NSJ
14th Apr 2006, 07:59
from what i understand it was going to do a "recce" of the wanaka area b4 retiring to either christchurch or ohakea,
i put me anorak on and went out for a gork , and it was sitting on the deep freeze apron with a dozen or so people poking and prodding, im pretty sure there was 2 or them, as i heard a rather loud roaring takeoff and couldnt see much till the fast pointy thing turned a couple of seconds later

given that you fellas have allready lost two of them over here, maybe you were going for the third

glekichi
14th Apr 2006, 10:50
The Hawker Hunter performing at Wanaka is based down here in Dunedin, and he put on quite an impressive show on for us today after returning from a "recon". Wish I could make it to the real show!

Pass-A-Frozo
15th Apr 2006, 04:22
Isn't It SOP for at least 1 Airforce aircraft to declare an emergancy every day? Is there some point you are attempting to make?

oldpinger
15th Apr 2006, 09:46
pass-a frozo- only if he's talking about kiwi airforce........

well at least their seasprites fly:E

6080ft
17th Apr 2006, 07:38
What Hawker Hunter based in Dunedin? Isn't there only one in the country - based on the south east hangar at ardmore?
Or has dave moved it to dud?

glekichi
17th Apr 2006, 08:20
It was just based in Dunedin for the duration of WoW. You know, being only 11 minutes away and all:eek:

And I even did manage to make it on Sunday thanks to a generous fella with a Chieftain:ok: Certainly seems like it could well be the last appearance of the F111 with the articles in today's Australian news:{

Tankengine
17th Apr 2006, 09:51
Is there a NZ airforce?
I hear the Spitfire is coming to Temora!:p