PDA

View Full Version : Average Flight Crew Costs

longboat
12th Apr 2006, 19:22
I am currently undertaking a study/project work on the economics of setting up a new, small long-haul airline - two or three aircraft with typical 7 to 10 hour sectors using B744/A340/MD11 types - and assuming a 3- crew compliment, based in Europe or the Mid-East. Although familiar with most cost elements, I would appreciate any help with average or estimated FLIGHT CREW COSTS (USD).
If there is such a thing, could anybody familiar with or running a similar operation offer any guidance or useful formula to calculate an 'average flight crew cost/block hour'. Obviously there are many variations on this theme - dry lease, ACMI, owner-operated etc. but for this exercise I am focusing on a dry-lease operation and also assume crew remunerated on a 'block-hour' basis, with each aircraft flying an average of 410 hrs/month.
At the same time, is there any similar formula for estimating or assessing EN-ROUTE NAVIGATION CHARGES - say a' cost per tonne per hour' (flying mainly between Euro, Mid- and Far East for the purpose of my exercise).
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated - ball park figures would suffice!
http://www.pprune.org/forums/images/statusicon/user_online.gif