PDA

View Full Version : ATR72

TC80
12th Apr 2006, 16:37
Hi,
Can anyone tell me if they know where you can get training/ type rating for the ATR 72?
I would also be intrested to know if anyone has experience flying ATR's (as a captain or FO)- and if so who did you fly them for?

Thanks.

fonz77
12th Apr 2006, 18:16
There is Skylue aviation in the UK and AATC in Thailand also try the ATR website for more details http://www.atraircraft.com/
There should be a few similar threads on this site so try a search here as well
best of luck

TC80
13th Apr 2006, 07:12
Thanks i will have a look at them.

FougaMagister
13th Apr 2006, 16:14
As far as I know, you can't train only for the ATR 72; under JAA, it's the same rating as the ATR 42. In the UK, the differences training is limited to classroom instruction. The type rating is usually done on a -42 so as to save money when it comes to base training. Some JAA countries might require an extra sim session for differences training purposes, and some operators will also make you fly the -72 under instruction before they fully endorse the -72.

Type ratings are one of the areas where JAA countries still quite don't sing from the same sheet! :*

JAA TRTO-wise, Skyblue Aviation in Exeter is the British ATR TRTO (using ICARE's sim), ICARE/Brit Air in Morlaix, France or ATR themselves in Toulouse, AATR in Bangkok also does JAA (it's cerified by the French DGAC if I'm not mistaken); there is also DAT in Denmark (they use a sim at Thessaloniki in Greece).

There are ATR sims at Brussels and Maastricht although I can't say if they belong to a TRTO or an airline, and Finnair in Helsinki has one. Whether they offer it to self-sponsored I dunno.

Cheers :cool: