PDA

View Full Version : Britannia Airways Assessment day

mac.2.02
12th Apr 2006, 08:02
:} Finally I got invited for an assessment day in May. Please does somebody have any information about the day? Tests etc, Technical, Math, Psychological or what can I expect on the Britannia test.
:ok: :ok:

klavsstig
12th Apr 2006, 10:23
Hello

Some of you have been invited to the Britannia assessment day. Can you please ellaborate on your backgrounds, hrs, type rated ETC.

Thanks a lot

Prince Buster
12th Apr 2006, 20:28
3500TT, 3100 Turbine, 2000 PIC.

mac.2.02
13th Apr 2006, 06:07
3550TT, 1100 JET, 1300 TURBINE, 2200 PIC ;)

SF34
14th Apr 2006, 16:44
1200TT, 1000 TURBINE, 130 PIC :O

Catans
15th Apr 2006, 00:11
7300 total, 5200 turbine, 3500 pic

Betaranger
15th Apr 2006, 00:57
202 total, 43 ME, 47 Night, 88 PIC :ok:

Who else is in May 3rd?

Br.

Betaranger
15th Apr 2006, 00:58
Oh yeah.....and 2 wifes!

Br.

Blackcoffeenosugar
15th Apr 2006, 13:31
1600TT 1350Turbine (twin medium+heavy) 167PIC

FJS
15th Apr 2006, 16:07
I'm attending April 27th. Anyone else going that day?

I talked to HR and a chief pilot and they said it's going to be the "regular" tests plus a personality test/assessment.

They're calling in about 120 people total and are looking for between 5 and 15 pilots.

I have about 3800 total, 2700 jet, 2100 jet PIC.

By the way, is it the normal suit and tie on these assessment days, or a little more casual?

Good look everyone.

Betaranger
16th Apr 2006, 01:56
With 2100 jet PIC you still wonder what to wear?!

I would say more relaxed.....more like boardshorts, a blue TUI T-shirt and a white scarf.

Good luck to all of you!

Br.

Crossunder
22nd Apr 2006, 10:32
Hours schmours. Who cares... Either you're called in for testing, or you're not!
The most important question: What about the T & Cs? Any info there? From what I've learned so far, 23k/month as FO (reduced pay first 2 years to cover TR :hmm: ). Norwegians awarded extra pay 'cause of increased cost of living in Norway. Top pay supposedly not that good - same goes for pension plan (no exact numbers). "They" claim LoL and insurance is good (again - no numbers were given). Very unpredictable roster; 10 days off each month but no fixed pattern. B73G to be replaced by B757/767 within 1.5 yrs. Looooong time to command. Fired FOs not returning because Norwegian offers better deal. Since I was not able to pull any exact info out of the two BX-pilots I've heard from (wonder why they weren't more well versed in their own T & Cs?), could someone please fill inn the correct numbers? :)

Bengt Engel
22nd Apr 2006, 17:06
IMHO they offer the best paid charter driving job in scandi...:ok:

lots of sweet extra pay for overtime and for selling your days off...then you get a few days in the sun every month, not to bad...:E

RYR-738-JOCKEY
3rd May 2006, 18:41
I am really curious about one thing...since I am one of those "god-damn" self sponsored guys, then how come a lot of you guys have alot of PIC time, yet your total time does not exceed that amount by alot. It seems to me that you're in the same boat as myself. Now waddaya say?:confused:

Jr. Ewing
3rd May 2006, 20:46
Would love to hear some feedback from the assesment days, I believe most of you above have done it now?

No worries, I'm not applying....:hmm:

Jr.

Prince Buster
4th May 2006, 14:05
A few written test all created by psychologists. Basic understanding of the language (Swe or Eng) during a 5 part test. 1 math test and then app 180 questions about your personality.

Fit the profile or get the :mad: outta there!!

Cheers

Blackcoffeenosugar
4th May 2006, 15:24
Has anybody heard back from BLX yet? As far as I can gather there were 17 Finns , 13 Norwegians the first day, and only Swedes the last two days. Has anybody gotten called for stage two yet?:ugh:

Crossunder
7th May 2006, 18:35
Know a couple who have. Myself included - got a call from Moa two days ago: Sim assessment and a couple of interviews on May 12th (by choice).

fokkerpilot
10th May 2006, 18:42
Anyone got stage 2 at 30th may -2 June?

NOM
11th May 2006, 09:06
Fokkerpilot are you invited to stage 2. I am still waiting for an answer. / NOM

Prince Buster
11th May 2006, 14:55
Been there, done that. Don't know yet if I'll get the t-shirt:confused: :confused:

fokkerpilot
17th May 2006, 13:58
Someone that has recieved a call from Moa for stage 2 in 30th may- 2 june?

I have not and I suppose that means :=

Prince Buster
17th May 2006, 21:32
Rumours says that they interviewed 6 persons per day for 3 days last week (Tue-Thu). If they do the same for the other days would make it about 40 people for the stage 2 interviews.

fokkerpilot, keep your phone on. There might still be hope.:ok:

Kilo-club SNA
24th May 2006, 10:04
Asked how many they were testing (stage 2), answer was 60! quite a lot for that small a company, I tought. I got a small nod and the comment " TUI has the money, they want to make sure they get the right people"

Prince Buster
24th May 2006, 10:40
The reason for testing so many might also be that they don't know how many they need. All depends on the number of pilots that decide to come back after their leave of absence. As soon as they know that, they will probably start handing out the contracts.

Blackcoffeenosugar
5th Jun 2006, 17:17
So.. stage 2 complete. Does anybody know when they are planning to notefy the candidates? Hehe I know friday was the last day of stage 2'ing.. But this waiting part is difficult! :8

jjj2
6th Jun 2006, 15:21
Bad news I heard... Something to do with 747 and french... They only take one or none.
Decision should be out 15th.

SF34
6th Jun 2006, 15:38
Heard the same "rumour" or actually talked to Moa last Friday and she confirmed that there isn´t any real need for a recruitment right now due to the fact TUIfly Nordic will wet-lease the B747. MAYBE they will need one or two pilots. If however you did alright during the 2nd stage you might have a bigger chance with ThomsonFly who are recruiting, thats seems to be the reason TUIfly Nordic went through with the screening in Sweden at SFA. Slim chance now but why not go to UK!?

Catans
7th Jun 2006, 00:22
Tell me more about this 747 rumor please.

SF34
7th Jun 2006, 10:21
Wet-lease with a B747-400 from Corsair, France, if I understood it correct Corsair is a part of the TUI-company. French flightdeck crew but swedish CC. They will use the B747 from ARN and GOT during the winter, some flights via CPH.

Crossunder
7th Jun 2006, 16:16
The 'hell kinda company is this? Maybe a couple of pilots? Doesn't seem like a good place to work. MAYBE they need you? Then why go through all the trouble (and COST) of such a selection process? Seems like they have a kinda shaky policy when it comes to their future employees? Maybe that's why the FO's they fired last time aren't coming back...:rolleyes:
And what about the new taxes on air travel in Sweden? One could end up with people in the Malmø-area going to CPH instead, to save some money - and then what about the Malmø-based pilots in BLX? Or what about the rumors that Tui Fly is considering taking over MyTravel? Then what? Furloughing? A lot of unanswered questions surrounding BLX now. Dunno what I'll do if they call and make the offer... :confused:
Any thoughts on BLXs future?

Prince Buster
12th Jun 2006, 21:10
Latest news is that a few guys have got a letter from TUiFly Nordic today. Letter is posted on friday last week. The people i've talked to got a blank no! Some have got a no from TUiFly Nordic but Thompson in the UK might have something for them.

Boeing Pilot
18th Jun 2006, 06:38
Hello. As i understand it. BLX doesn't need any any more pilots. The ones that got through the intervju are offered job at Thomsonfly in UK.
Much more safer to work there and much more fun believe me. I worked for BLX and work for Tfly now.

Prince Buster
18th Jun 2006, 14:10
BP

Glad you enjoy your time in Thomson. I'm one of the guys who got through the process and been offered a job at Thomson first and hopefully at TUIfly Nordic for next winter.

You say it’s safer to work in UK?! Is there a reason or just a bit of BLX bashing??:}

Any chance you might know how the commuting possibilities are from MAN for people on the 73’?

Cheers

The Prince

Boeing Pilot
19th Jun 2006, 07:21
Hello Prince
BLX doesn't know what they are doing. One day they are talking about expanding and upgrading pilots and the next they say they have to many people. TUI don't want BLX to be a big airline. It's not just aviation that is like this, it's typical for BLX.
Don't get me wrong. BLX is a very good company to work for except that it is not safe for the people that's last on the list.
Thomsonfly is expanding. Their plan is to hire 100 pilots per year for 5 years to come. Make the calculations yourself. And you also make good money at Tfly.

Regarding commuting from MAN, there are a few norwegians and swedes based there, and according to them commuting is no problem.
Tfly has good ID agreement with most of the major airlines.

When are you starting here? Looking forward to get some more Scandinavians on to this island.

desemirates
19th Jun 2006, 12:29
I'm extremely disappointed with BLX. I attended an interview for a cabin crew position a couple of weeks ago and at the interview they said they would contact one's stated references after they had completed all interviews. They had their last interview last week and two days later they contaced me saying I was unsuccessful. But! They didn't even bother to contact my references and many people who had their interviews weeks before me are still awaiting to hear from them... either they immediately knew I wasn't good for the job and didn't even bother to contact my references and cleared my case, or they only contact them if you are a candidate for the job.

Either way, I thought it was extremely unprofessional of them. Particulary when they said they WOULD contact the references and I even personally spoke to their Head of Cabin Crew a couple of days later after my interview and at that time she said they would begin calling the references following week, which in my case they didn't.

desemirates

BAP
19th Jun 2006, 12:44
I am starting July the 3rd with Thomsonfly on the B757/767 fleet, based at Manchester. So now there will be another Scandinavian pilot on the Island ;o)
I did the selection in the UK.

Boeing pilot, is there any ID agreement with SAS? Since I will be flying back to CPH once an a while, it would be very nice with some less expensive fares.

/BAP

Boeing Pilot
19th Jun 2006, 13:44
Desemirates
I'm sorry to hear that they treated you that way and that you didn't get the job. If you want to work for TUI, you could apply here in UK.

BAP
Nice to hear. we have unfortunately only ID75 with SAS, and you have to have been in the company for 6 month to be able to use them.
When you get here you should get in contact with the MAN based scandinavians to see how they are commuting?

TheFatMan
19th Jun 2006, 14:32
BP, I thought it was 12 months before you are able to do ID travel with SAS, BA, etc.
BAP, PB: it is still cheaper to book and buy your own tickets with the seperate airlines, ID75 is still a lot of money, only advantage of course is that it is standby in case you miss your flight, just go on the next one!
Welcome to Tfly, as BP says, hopefully it will be more secure than BLX. But I do find it a bit strange that it is just a direct jump to Tfly after the interviews with BLX. Then whenever BLX are about to recruit, as PB says, just move over, that means that us further up the seniority list will have the possibility to do so first and that without any interview in ARN!?
But anyway, welcome to Tfly, I´m sure we´ll meet up somewhere for a beer!
TFM

Prince Buster
19th Jun 2006, 15:27
Thanks guys for the happy welcome at Tfly.

I'm sure it’ll all be great. Starting on 01 September on the 737. Is it all -800's at MAN or they also fly with -300's and -500's on that base?

Is the carmen system in place already or on its way? If I where to bid for away from base flying, would that give me more blank days/days off? I.e. better for commuting?

TheFatMan:
I suppose if you are accepted in the TUI group then u are pretty much free to move around although I have heard about guys that are with Tfly wanting to BLX had some trouble. BLX wanted them to go trough the assessment process all over again?! Not sure what the score is? :confused:

As soon as we can, we must a huge scandi bash in the UK!! The first round of beer is on me boys!!! :E :}

Boeing Pilot
19th Jun 2006, 15:54
TheFatMan

Yes you're right. It's 12 month before you can use the benefits of ID tickets. Just read the Staff options.

PB

The carmen system is in effect, but only partly. It should work perfectly after a few month.
And yes you can bid to work away from base or from base or...
If it works the system should be very good for people commuting.

Regarding the beer. It's going to be expensive for you...:)

Welcome onboard.

Bengt Engel
19th Jun 2006, 16:49
Free beer for all the scandis....hmm, not on a F/O salary Punce....

We're all happy at home you got the T-shirt (not that one, the other one...:E )

My liver will once again cry for help.

Congrats to all of you who made it!

desemirates
19th Jun 2006, 18:48
Desemirates
I'm sorry to hear that they treated you that way and that you didn't get the job. If you want to work for TUI, you could apply here in UK.

Thanks a lot. I'm only disappointed that they actually lied... I should try TUI in the UK. Applications are actually on their way to a couple of airlines, I hope they have a much better behaviour :confused: :ok:

desemirates

TheFatMan
20th Jun 2006, 11:28
Prince Buster, don´t promise to much, since we are a lot of scandis your first paycheck might not cover for all the beers!!!
Sorry to disappoint you, but there is no -800 based in MAN at the moment, just a glorious -300 with analouge engine gauges... Hopefully there will be some NG flying here next year, but I have heard nothing yet.
TFM

Prince Buster
20th Jun 2006, 11:44
Maybe I promised too much…..again!! :{ I just get generous when I'm a bit tipsy.:\

TFM
I better bid for away from base flying to keep myself away from the analogs (God knows I’ve tried my entire life!! :} )

sailor79
20th Jun 2006, 11:48
Congrats to all you fellows also invited to join Thomson. I was wondering if there is anyone who can give me some info on the different bases and what AC comes with them. What would be most suitable if I intended to jump over the pond to ARN every once in a while?

Boeing Pilot
20th Jun 2006, 15:18
Hello sailor

Thomson has many bases in UK. I think almost all bases today has 757 and 737 plus 767 on a few bases.
Regarding commuting I think you'd like to be base somewhere round London so you can choose whom you'd like to fly home with.
E.g If you fly to Oslo from LHR (I don't know how many flights they do to Stockholm) you can go with BA ID80 (around 100 pounds 2 way). They fly 7 days a week, 4 times daily. Or you can fly with Ryanair from Stansted to Stockholm. The variations are endless.
There is no problem commuting if you want to do that.

mightyduck
27th Jun 2006, 21:34
Good info on selection at www.pilotpick.com:suspect:

Kilo-club SNA
27th Jul 2006, 09:00
Don't you dare trashtalk OE! It's the pride of the fleet ;)

Boeing Pilot
30th Jul 2006, 11:19
If you're interested in Tfly, buy august issue of Airliner World.
First page and 5 pages inside about the company.