PDA

View Full Version : £30 fine....

colmac747
11th Apr 2006, 20:00
...for letting your dog sh!t and not picking it up.

Happened on Monday at Colmac's local park. Twice infact.

The story goes that a couple of dog walkers are out and about, dog does the deed and off they continue walking. All of a sudden, two officials get out of a car and fine 'em (on the spot) for not picking the dog turd up.

The story is complete, by me adding, that the local park is actually a barren, dried up wasteland, stretching a good 0.5 miles width/length, where i too take my mutt for a shit and also don't pick it up.

Kids don't play there, dogs and dog walkers go there, there are no signs saying "Dog Turds to be picked up" - it's just a shitty wasteland!

Turds.

airship
11th Apr 2006, 20:10
As the JB Mods are wont to say, it's indeed a fine line, between dropping stuff that generally nourishes the environment on the one foot, and treading in it with the other... :confused:

mcgoo
11th Apr 2006, 20:10
that might explain why the kids don't play there if it's just a wasteland of steaming dog turds! :(

colmac747
11th Apr 2006, 20:17
Ah, but mcgoo, has been like this for 20 years. Now officialdom gets in on the act and craps all over it.

Indead, airship, what's a bit of proper compost between posters.

:}

HeavyDog
11th Apr 2006, 20:21
Ah, but mcgoo, has been like this for 20 years. Now officialdom gets in on the act and craps all over it.
Indead, airship, what's a bit of proper compost between posters.
:}
You should have made them give the fine to the dog, he did it. Then give them the dog's name.

Tex37
11th Apr 2006, 20:21
Almost on the same subject, what about Horses that [email protected] all over the road?

Surely with the average horse turd being several times larger, the riders should recieve a proportional fine of lets say up to £1million for the same offence?

And no, I don't like horses!!

airship
11th Apr 2006, 20:22
Please somebody, save all those dung beetles in colmac's park. There must be some?! If it's not too far from the zoo, perhaps they could walk a few elephants through from time to time in case the whole park becomes merely a sanitized uhmmm, jogger's paradise...?! :sad:

G-CPTN
So YOU'VE got TWO 'dog-fouling officials'?
Here in this area we have ONE MAN who's responsible for all the dog-fouling in area of 20 miles by 30 miles (and it's not his full-time job).
Don't know how he manages it . . .

Colmac - I think you'll find that the 'law' states that the public must collect their dog's faeces from any land 'to which the public has access'.
It's obvious any easy touch for the officials to merely sit and wait for the shitters to come to them, rather than chase them around the town.

mcgoo
maybe the 2 officials who gave out the fine are twenty something year olds who never got to use their "park" for all these years and are getting revenge!:uhoh:

green granite
11th Apr 2006, 20:25
surley the answer is to refuse to pay the fine and challenge the
validity of it if they take the matter to court . I find the whole
thing silly after all cats, foxes, and birds dont get fined why
should dogs? especially as bird fue can be caught from bird [email protected]

G-CPTN
11th Apr 2006, 20:27
The law:-
http://www.crimereduction.gov.uk/dogfouling01.htm
The Litter (Animal Droppings) Order 1991 of the Environmental Protection Act (1990) places a duty on local authorities to keep the following areas clear of dog faeces;
Any public walk or pleasure ground
Any land laid out as a garden or used for the purpose of recreation
Any part of the seashore which is frequently used by large numbers of people, and managed by the person having direct control of it as a tourist resort or recreational facility
Any esplanade or promenade
Any land not forming part of the highway or, in Scotland, a public road, which is open to the air, which the public are permitted to use on foot only, and which provides access to retail premises
A trunk road picnic area
A picnic site

Capn Notarious
11th Apr 2006, 20:31
On the contrary. What the dog leaves is waste
Waste that can travel on shoes.
Waste that can get on furniture.
Because not everyone keeps their feet on the floor.
Read about the biohazards.
Would a reasonable person want that waste on their shoes / furniture / carpet?
Waste that may cause harm, for which the canine owner may be responsible.
A child could touch waste / fall on it after which put hand to mouth.
It only takes a plastic bag and caring responsible attitude, from one who will use a waste bin.
How many would want to be known as a waste?

colmac747
11th Apr 2006, 20:32
Hmm! Thinking of taking a picture or two of said park tomorrow (perhaps along with a turd or two!) just to show you how silly the whole episode is.

It's interesting to note that this park is strewn with rubbish of all kinds too. It's not been dumped (pardon..) there either.

ex_matelot
11th Apr 2006, 20:34
If the councils really gave a toss about the environment they would not be issuing fines to those who litter or allow their dogs to crap in the street,they would dish out community service-making them clean the streets!

Just another revenues gathering ploy I reckon.

airship
11th Apr 2006, 20:37
Mi lords, that poodle isn't a dog, it's a wolf! It has every right to shit in the woods uhmmm...

...well, just look at the House of Commons, a veritable bunch of monkeys the way they carry on at times. There are at least 6 million years that separate us people from chimpanzees, yet far less time separates the poodle from the wolf...

colmac747
11th Apr 2006, 20:40
Indeed, ex-mate. This isn't a street though. It's an old park, running along side a disused bus route (from over 20 years ago)..the council kindly put bollards up all those years ago implying the bus route/road was now closed, (and fast forward +20 years) you can now let your dog shit.

Until this week. No warnings, no previous fines - just this week..

Who mentioned that the council have to spend (or is it save) enough before the financial year is out?

What are these finers called anyway? Shit Spotters?:8

tart1
11th Apr 2006, 20:41
Dogsh1t is unpleasant and can spread disease.

Horsesh1t does not have the same nastiness, probably because horses live on an entirely vegetarian diet. :rolleyes:

G-CPTN
11th Apr 2006, 20:45
Mi lords, that poodle isn't a dog, it's a wolf! It has every right to shit in the woods uhmmm...
Nah! It's only BEARS that traditionally sh!t in the woods.

tony draper
11th Apr 2006, 20:45
50 quid fine here,one alus carries poo bags when out meandering with SWH, ones park has extensive CCTV coverage,not for watching out for criminality,drug dealing glue sniffing under age drinking, rape, murder or mayhem, ect,but for keeping toot of pooch walkers.
:cool:
Great uncle Septimus Draper owned a carnivorus horse Madam Tart, twer called Grey Bastard, just as well it wasn't one of they black horses, :uhoh:

airship
11th Apr 2006, 20:55
It's somewhat depressing to know that even Drapes bends to the law under the circumstances. Funnily enough, I expected more than mere obeisance. What with his knowledge, sabotaging the CCTVs should be simple, even if it's with a 12 bore in the dead of night... :E

Ahh well, as Arkwright might have uttered at the end of another day: there are m-m-m-more important m-m-m-m-m-mysteries on this planet to be concerning oneself with. Like wondering if nurse Gladys Emmanuel might invite me in for a hot chocolate once she's put her ma to bed?!

By 'eck, I do believe that PPRuNe has gone French (which won't please Drapes either). According to the edit, the time now is indeed just after 11pm...?! C'est la vie...

colmac747
11th Apr 2006, 20:59
Grown men with poop scoops just isn't right:ugh:

Astrodome
11th Apr 2006, 22:03
Interesting thread.

So let me get this right then.

It seems it appears to be fine to some, to let their dog out to shit anywhere apart from their own property.

Ever bothered to have a bit more consideration for others ?

Some of us prefer not to have to walk around the streets avoiding the shit YOUR dog has left

airship
11th Apr 2006, 22:11
1 woof for yes, 2 woofs for no...

Woof...woof...woof...woof...woof....woof...woof...woof...woo f...woof....woof!

(that's just one of my dog impressions)

Hell, I don't even have a dog. I don't mind dogs shitting in the woods. So long as they look like wolves. A little bit. How about if they just howl sometimes...?! :O

G-CPTN
11th Apr 2006, 22:31
We live on the edge of a town. Residents of 'town-houses' (without gardens) nevertheless keep dogs (even Newfoundlands!). A bridleway leads from the town to our house, and these dog-owners regularly parade up and down this bridleway until their dogs defecate. Despite the 'requirement' to pick-up, few do, and many return time after time to their dog's favourite spot. In 100 yards I can count two-dozen piles of human-sized dog excrement on any day that I care to leave the house. These dog-owners are impervious to consideration that they are fouling our driveway. In their minds, 'right of way' means 'right to sh!t'.
I LIKE dogs, but I detest the actions of these owners. If only we could motivate the dog-warden to get off his 4r$e and DO something!

tall and tasty
11th Apr 2006, 22:39
Tart1 is right the nature of horse and dog poo is totally different. Horse is biodegradable and very good for the enviroment cos of the nature of the bi product.

Dog poo on the other hand you can be sure you will tread in it what ever and it is a mess to get out of shoe treads.

\Doggies also carry toxo which can live in the ground for years so a child playing can be infected a long time after the wasteland if converted.

I used to pick up after the dogs and spent a life time creating muck heaps after the horses

TnT

tony draper
11th Apr 2006, 22:57
One resembles that remark,one does indeed not bend the law,the Draper clan utilised poo bags long before this law was in force,indeed they were not called poo bags then they was sold as sandwich bags when we first started using them,one admits that of late for some reason SWH has developed the habit of thrusting his nether regions under low bushes to his functions to perform and one refuses to venture under bushes to retrieve same.
Anyway nothing more biodegradble than poo,twer designed by nature to be so,there is some victimisation at work here as well, the area round ones park lake is near ankle deep in Canada Goose shite,and the park authorities have as yet to impose a 50 quid fine on a single Canadian.
:rolleyes:

G-CPTN
11th Apr 2006, 23:25
QUOTE=Speechless Two]Where's all the white dog poo of my youth gone? - never see it nowadays.[/QUOTE]
Change in diet I believe.
Not so many bones (calcium) and more tinned with biscuit meal.

Lon More
11th Apr 2006, 23:36
ONE MAN who's responsible for all the dog-fouling in area of 20 miles by 30 miles (and it's not his full-time job).
What's the pervert doing the rest of the time? Muffing the mule?

AMF
12th Apr 2006, 01:20
Dog poop runoff into the water-table spreads diseases contractable by humans. It's the information age...look it up. In some areas, it doesn't take many dogs and their oblivious owners per square km to foul a stream or close a beach.

There seems to be something in most dog-owners' genetic code that mysteriously leads them to believe everyone else thinks their "Fluffy" or "Rex" is adorable and/or loyal to the degree they don't mind their turds lying about, or yapping noise pollution, or "marking" everything in sight.

If you choose to own an animal, well, you own it's poop as well. Don't subject others to it's filth.

Onan the Clumsy
12th Apr 2006, 02:03
They should fine the cyclists :*

Hobo
12th Apr 2006, 06:36
Couldn't agree more Astrodome...

Dog owners seem to be able to train their dogs to empty over anybodys property other than their own and not find that offensive. So can sombody explain why they can't train them to empty on their own property and THEN take them for exercise?

Most dog owners in my area specifically take their dogs out to empty them not to exercise them. As soon as they are empty they are taken home. Even if the poo is scooped, some is still left on the ground, and we have to look at dog poo bins cluttering up the place.

Dog owners will be the first up against the wall when the revolution comes (after estate agents).

Cricket23
12th Apr 2006, 06:55
I too cannot understand why people let their dogs sh1t everywhere and don't pick it up.

Re the diseases mentioned by AMF, there was a toddler from my area who actually went blind from after getting dog poo on their hands at the local beach and then contaminating their eyes. Come on, do the decent thing and pick it up.

Not long after the toddler event above, a friend of mine was out jogging by the beach and came across a dog walker who was letting his dog sh1t right by a sign saying it was illegal and carried a fine. The owner pretended not to notice what his dog was doing until my friend (a really big guy) pointed it out. The dog walker refused to pick it up, until my friend threatened to punch him, at which point the owner produces a tiny tiny tissue - I think you can guess the rest!!:yuk:

maggioneato
12th Apr 2006, 07:15
I live in dog dirt kingdom. I counted 53 mounds walking back from the shops the other day, not a long road, but filthy. The park is the same, also the coastal walks. I have just stopped going to these so called public places. Nothing is done, we are just considered whingeing old gits. Nothing wrong in wanting to live in a clean environment, so I go out mainly in my car. Before anyone starts on the pollution issue with that, it runs on Autogas, only needing petrol for starting.

radeng
12th Apr 2006, 08:11
tart1,
Are you suggesting that horse manure does not contain microbes potentially injurious to human health? Or that it doesn't have an obnoxious smell?
When most of London's transport was horse drawn, there was almost an army of street sweepers to deal with the stuff, so even then, it was a problem.
Since Bliar's government hates anyone living rurally, I'm surprised horse riders haven't got to carry bags to pick up the manure. Maybe they haven't thought of it yet, although they seem to think of everything else they can to penalise the rural dweller - who, in general, doesn't vote for Labour.
If you want to see somewhere with loads of dog sh*t on the pavements, I'd suggest Den Haag in the Netherlands. Dog sh*t capital of the world - at least, it was the last time I was there.

Morbid
12th Apr 2006, 08:20
I think you´re all missing the fundamental point here.... What are you doing with a dog anyway?

Other than working dogs, which by their nature live on farms and can defacate until their hearts content, what reason do you have to keep a dog? I mean it doesn´t do anything does it. Personally the whole pet concept is something akin to the greeting card industry where every year there becomes one more "special celebration" requiring purchase of said cards. If you´ve got pets... get rid of them, get a wife / lover / hobby.

To prove I´m not of a negative demeanour I understand that Blind people need to have dogs and that they couldn´t reasonably be expected to pick the stuff up after feeding the dog curry by mistake the night before. In my ideal world these poor people should be accompanied by the out of work 5hit spotters (and parking wardens for that matter) who would take the place of the dog.

Problem solved!

G-CPTN
12th Apr 2006, 08:24
Local public 'conveniences' (toilets) have been closed down, and late-night revellers are targetted by Police for relieving themselves (urinating) in alleyways.
Whilst I don't condone this behaviour, I fully understand (being an old man) that when you've got to go, you've got to go, and if there's no public convenience available . . . Yet dogs (some with a body-weight equivalent to mine) are regularly observed to urinate on high-street corners, litter-bins and lamp-posts without let or hindrance. :confused:

acbus1
12th Apr 2006, 08:29
Grown men with poop scoops just isn't right
Grown adults with dogs just isn't right (see Morbid's post for details).

I'd agree that a £30 on the spot fine is totally unreasonable.

Should be at least £1000.

....and rub the ownwer's nose in it!

1DC
12th Apr 2006, 08:35
Good job you don't live in our village the maximum fine is a thousand quid, regardless of that it is only common decency to pick up your own dog's crap..

Slight thread creep, but headline in our local paper last week was about a thirteen year old who has been fined £50 for dropping a sweet paper whilst riding his bike. Apparantly the local park official was just behind him in his van and copped him.It seems that all the parkie had to do was get the lad to admit doing it and then he was just sent a fine in the post.
'spect if he had been mugging an old lady he would have got away with it cos the paperwork would have been too much trouble..

Morbid
12th Apr 2006, 08:46
The more I think about this the more absured the whole thing seems. Basically you can be fined up to a thousand :eek: pounds for not picking up your dog´s 5hit.... Its madness!

Here´s the solution:

Warden comes up and sees you there with the dog standing proudly next to his latest contribution to society. Warden reaches for his notebook ready to give you a thousand pound fine.
You say "excuse me officer but what are you doing?".
Warden replies "Thats a thousand pound fine there for what your mutt has done"
Heres where it gets interesting as you question "Thats a thousand pound fine, I can´t believe it. Whats indicent exposure?"
Warden looks it up "1st offence is a caution, afterwards 200 quid a time"
Using your superior intellect you now procede to unbuckle and drop the trousers whilst commentating "Well that can´t be a thousand pounds.... its mine!"

Social etiquette of picking up crap..... is that what the world is coming to...:*

acbus1
12th Apr 2006, 08:49
Indecent exposure needs to be £4000, then.

Morbid
12th Apr 2006, 08:56
... Not if the owner hasd to prove it was his by trailing it along after him as a dog would do:ok:

got caught
12th Apr 2006, 08:58
http://http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c300/davehotch/DSCN1058.jpg

You'll need a big bag;)

tart1
12th Apr 2006, 09:00
radeng yes, I was suggesting that horse poo does not contain nasty germs which are potentially injurious to health. Horse manure is healthy enough to spread on the soil around growing vegetables which are to be eaten ......... I would imagine that dog poo would not be suitable for this.

Horse poo does indeed smell but I would far prefer the smell of horse poo (more like healthy farmyard smell) to that of dog poo. :yuk:

acbus1
12th Apr 2006, 09:17
Some dog owners deserve a pat on the head.

tdecker
12th Apr 2006, 10:10
just pick your dog's poo up, whats the big deal?

your dog - your responsibility- pick it up and stop being lazy.

eal401
12th Apr 2006, 10:22
Dog owners who pick up after their dogs: Excellent people, salt of the earth, concerned about other people etc. :ok:

Dog owners who can't be bothered: lowly chav scum of the earth. :yuk:

£30 fine is richly deserved.

beana
12th Apr 2006, 10:47
There's just no need for dog plops to be laying around in the street, your back garden or anywhere else!
:p

tart1
12th Apr 2006, 10:49
Some dog owners deserve a pat on the head.
Do you mean a cow pat??

What is the correct name for a pile of horse poo?? :hmm:

strafer
12th Apr 2006, 10:51
What is the correct name for a pile of horse pooThe Scottish Football Team?

WG774
12th Apr 2006, 11:32
Well said the man who suggested a thousand pound fine. Not clearing up after your pooch is utterly sociopathic...indicative of a total lack of concern for others.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A3116684

OLM occurs when a migrating larva reaches the eye. It causes a granuloma to form on the retina, causing significant visual impairment and in severe cases even blindness.

There are about 12 new cases of OLM diagnosed annually in the UK7.

Well, it's only 12 people a year who lose their site...doesn't matter really...you keep letting the dog crap everywhere...it's not your problem is it? :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

colmac747
12th Apr 2006, 11:35
Just a couple of points to pick up on from Astrodome et al.

I DO NOT let the dog shit on the street - read the very first post on this thread.
It's wasteland, and in my opinion, ideal for letting dogs doo:ugh: their stuff.

Passersby and children DO NOT go near the area. It's a kind of unwritten rule that the barren land is dogs (and owners) territory.

This is the trouble with today's society...too many do-gooders, quick to shout you down, because the've never done anything wrong in their lifes.:yuk:

Wonder if it's worth phoning the council about the broken glass lying everywhere in my street. I'd hate to stand on that!

bar fly
12th Apr 2006, 11:44
Its biodegradable, it'll sort itself out soon enough. Untill then, watch where you are walking! Human turds turn up in equally problematic places (like beaches) but do WE have to deal with it? :yuk:

I consider footpaths an exception though.

G-CPTN
12th Apr 2006, 11:52
I was given some leaflets explaining the 'pick-up-your-dog-poo' law (to hand to 'offenders'). A heavily pregnant lady allowed three dogs to defecate as soon as they were released from her car onto a picnic area. I approached her and explained the danger of disease to young children etc and offered her a leaflet. She told me to shove off, and if I persisted she would arrest me for common assault (!), revealing that she was a serving Police Officer. Not content with that, her husband (also a serving Police Officer) called at my address the following day and warned me that any further approach to his wife would be considered as harassment and 'further action' would be taken. This was 'endorsed' when a traffic car (jam sandwich) was driven into our private drive the following day and much 'fuss' made about examining our parked car!
The car hadn't been out of the drive for the previous week . . .
Coincidence? :confused:

bar fly
12th Apr 2006, 11:58
That's just police keeping up the 'We're all arseholes' image. Well they showed you!

eal401
12th Apr 2006, 13:01
serving Police Officer
And people like bjcc wonder why ordinary members of the public have no respect for them!!

I'd have considered making a formal complaint to the cop shop, but I guess it'd be obvious what would happen next.

jammydonut
12th Apr 2006, 13:07
Boring Factoid:

Many years ago white dog turd was used in the manufacture of explosives.
Parks were specifically dedicated to enable dogs turds to be harvested.
Details of the formula are restricted under the Official Secrets Act.

Morbid
12th Apr 2006, 13:11
I'd have considered making a formal complaint to the cop shop, but I guess it'd be obvious what would happen next.

Make the complaint direct to the police complaints authority / commision and follow it up with reports of any further instances. If you´ve not done owt wrong you´ve nothing to be worried about:rolleyes:

jammydonut
12th Apr 2006, 13:20
If you´ve not done owt wrong you´ve nothing to be worried about

Are you new to the UK????:hmm:

Morbid
12th Apr 2006, 13:45
Not at all..... I´ve left it :p

radeng
12th Apr 2006, 17:31
Tart 1
I'm not much of a gardener, but from memory, you need to let horse manure rot down before you put it on plants. As for it not containing harmful bacteria, I find that hard to swallow (no pun intended!) On that basis, human faeces from vegetarians wouldn't be, either.
And I know the old joke about the village idiot: 'What you doing, mister?'
'I'm putting horse manure on my rhubarb'.
'Eh, that's funny, we have custard on ours!'.

Hobo
12th Apr 2006, 17:36
It's a kind of unwritten rule that the barren land is dogs (and owners) territory.
Wonder if it's worth phoning the council about the broken glass lying everywhere in my street. I'd hate to stand on that!

Your garden and only your garden is your dogs territory, why don't you empty it there.

Most councils have a squad that will pick up litter and broken glass if phoned, why don't you try calling them?

colmac747
12th Apr 2006, 17:44
Believe me, i have!!

tony draper
12th Apr 2006, 17:58
Nature is a funny bird
she so designed we critters,
with a hole for grub up at the bow
and at the stern our shitters.

tart1
12th Apr 2006, 18:33
To be honest radeng I don't know for sure either. :)

It surely is relevant though that a human vegetarian will eat a variety of foods (possibly including dairy products) whereas a horse will eat grass, hay, carrots, oats and not much else. So the horse's poo will be less tainted than the vegetarian human's, won't it??

I acquired some horse manure a few years ago and I think it was quite recently produced. I put it straight onto the vegetable patch (and the rest of the garden) and we didn't suffer any ill-effects. (I don't think.............neigh!!) :D

(Just trotting off now to get a bit of exercise)

Mike Rouse
12th Apr 2006, 18:49
All these community wardens, new speed cameras, house selling packages are the new taxes. If you look around there are a growing number of indirect taxation initiatives, so finding a dog having a sh t on a waste ground is just another sh tty tax we will all have to put up with.

allan907
13th Apr 2006, 06:59
At the risk of sparking off Strafer into yet another Aussie-bashing thread creep it might be worth pointing out that Aussie local authorities provide the little plastic bags for picking up the biz. We also have designated dog beaches and exercise areas. Most people do the right thing and deposit the deposit in a 'for the purpose' bin.

I presume that when the bin is collected we send all the gift-wrapped dog dumps to underdeveloped countries like Iran or Indonesia.

radeng
13th Apr 2006, 08:02
I'd still like to see the horse manure picked up and removed. It would do some of the snooty little mannerless bitches round here good to have to do it, too.
Female horse riders over about the age of 40 acknowledge when you slow down for them, and show manners. Young ones (late teens) look at you as if you should have their permission to be on the road, and don't even wave to say 'thankyou'. One tried to wave me past: I couldn't see, so wasn't going (see the Highway Code!) and I got sworn at by the little cow!

allan907
13th Apr 2006, 08:12
But just think of those tight thighs in close fitting jodhpurs and pert little boobs under that jacket - and don't even get me started on the scraped back hair under the helmet and the whip that they carry....I think I'd stay behind them too!!! The dirty mouth is just the icing on the cake.

Off to get the cold shower then....

G-CPTN
13th Apr 2006, 10:18
Sister-in-law used to have a big thing for horses.
Then she discovered men . . .

El-Dog
13th Apr 2006, 10:35
I wouldn't fine them - I'd make em pick it up and eat it!

radeng
13th Apr 2006, 10:36
G-CPTN

better than the horses having a .........................we'll leave it at this point!

ExSimGuy
14th Apr 2006, 09:37
The lads used to get sent out to follow the milkman and the coal man, with brush and shovel to pick up the "gifts", coz Dad wanted to put the stuff around the base of the rose bushes!

tony draper
14th Apr 2006, 09:56
Likewise here Mr Sim, street scuffles oft ensued over ownership of the coalmans cart horse nether product,good stuff it were.
Collecting dog poo from the streets was a major industry in our towns and cities at one time,it was used in some industrial process one understands,the people who practiced the trade wetre called Pure Collectors,one is very fond of pooches but one would not have liked that as a day job.

radeng
14th Apr 2006, 12:03
My understanding is that dog sh*t was used at one time in tanning (more likely, processing) leather, and the smell of the process and the operatives was clinging as well as obnoxious.

I think they used urine for some process of cloth production - 'fulling', I think it was called. They certainly collected urine in 1600s for making gunpowder.

airship
14th Apr 2006, 14:05
All you authoritarian dog-lovers (as opposed to cat-lovers who know who's really master...) and party-poopers generally, there's something you all completely forgot about didn't you?

Where do all these little plastic sacks containing dog-poo end up? Yup, in litter bins. You forgot about the wretched tramp who rummages about in them hoping to find a tasty morsel or 2...shame on youz!

frostbite
14th Apr 2006, 14:37
Nice to know you're thinking about me, airship.

airship
14th Apr 2006, 14:47
The meek (and wretched) will one day inherit the Earth...it is written. :ok:

Better get a move on whilst there's still something left here, I reckon... :(