PDA

View Full Version : NAX

MD12
11th Apr 2006, 15:17
Hi,

Did anybody received NAX email this morning?

Feel free to PM.

Best regards,

MD

Starsurfer
11th Apr 2006, 16:43
Recieved an e-mail from NAX this morning as well. I must say I think 7 days prior notice was a bit much:} But I guess thats airlines in a nuttshell :-)

Er det mange scandinavier som har søkt, og hvor mange er interesert i Warsave base, hvis det er det de tilbyr?

Interesting to see that they have splitt the interviews into Scandies and Other :-) wonder what that meens. Is it for different bases On if it is just for convenience. And why Copenhagen and not Fornebu. :-) Me wonder.

Håper jeg klarer å lure meg til fri slik at man kan gå......

MD12
11th Apr 2006, 17:05
Despite this is the Nordic forum, and many of us are able to understand what you wrote on your previous post, I think it would be a good idea to write in english as this topic may affect people from many different countries.

Any idea on conditions? Sim ride? Number of pilots needed?

Regards,

MD

Starsurfer
11th Apr 2006, 17:59
Sorry for the norwegian language, but as what i wrote in Norwegian language only conserned Scandis I wrote it in norwegian. I was asking if any other Scandinavians had gotten the E-mail ,if you didn't understand it. now you know. :)

As for the terms and conditions, They are a bit vauge. Because Nobody really knows if the pilots that are employing now is to crew the polich base and if they are, will they come under the Norwegian T&C or will NAX come up with some new, and cheeper T&C for the polich base. I have some friends that have recently started in norwegian, and they did do not have a initial Sim Check combined with the interview, but everybody that is accepted have to pass a 3 day sim-Convertion as I understand it.

Regards

MD12
11th Apr 2006, 18:21
No prob mate, I did understand what you said, it´s just because this topic may be of interest for many other european/non-european nationals. ;-)

So, from what you said, no sim-ride, just an interview?. Technical? About your background?. After this email, which is the next step? To wait for an invitation? What makes the difference to be selected for the polish or scandinavian base? nationality?

Rgds.

MD

Starsurfer
11th Apr 2006, 18:50
I guess so.

I must admit I dont know. I guess wait for the invite to show up. One small issue for me is wether theese interviewes are only for polish base, or NAX in general. The application papers said Warsawa, but I would think Polish Pilots may be perferd for these positions. Time will Show.

For me the main reason to apply for NAX is getting home.... Yours?

MD12
11th Apr 2006, 19:16
Don´t ask me why, but always (since it started 737 ops) wanted to fly for Norwegian (destinations, fleet size, etc...). In addition, I´m willing to move to Scandinavia or East Europe. In my oppinion Warsaw could be a good place to live.

Fingers crossed, hope to get an invitation, eventhoug by this time, without any anticipation, tickets are quite expensive!

Regards,

MD

11th Apr 2006, 19:36
Hi there,

and thank you MD12 for inviting me over. I got an email this afternoon for the interview in copenhagen for the 18th. Wish they had given us some more time but can't complain.

This is my first interview so a bit nervous any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

MD12
11th Apr 2006, 19:39
Hi,

So I guess you have the same email we got this morning, where there's info about both interviews (CPH, WAW); or just for the CPH interview?
Any idea on what to expect? Do you mind if I ask you about your background?

Best regards

MD

11th Apr 2006, 19:49
Hi,

Yes I got both emails. About my background im from the UK, im low hours but have a 737 Rating.

I dont have much idea of what to expect but im hoping this forum could help? But if I do find anything I will post it here.

So will they send us another email with more information on what to expect? or is that it and we show up in Copenhagen???

MD12
11th Apr 2006, 19:51
No idea, as they say reserve time for interview, but don´t know if I do have to go to Warsaw or CPH, do we show up? where? What about those invitations?

No idea!!

11th Apr 2006, 19:58
I thought the Warsaw interview was for only polish candidates, and the copenhagen interview for Scandanavian's?

But on my 2nd email I was told that the interview will take place in CPH from 11a.m so I guess we just show up at the Hilton in CPH???

MD12
11th Apr 2006, 19:59
The point is I´m not Scandinavian nor Polish? Where do I go?

Regards,

MD

11th Apr 2006, 20:06
That makes two of us!!!

With regards to the 2nd email I received it stated that Interviews will take place in CPH at 11am. So with regards to this i believe that all non scandanavians like me and you will go to CPH.

I guess there's no harm in sending them an email to clarify this to be certain??

Would you mind telling me about your background MD12!!

MD12
11th Apr 2006, 20:19
That's what I did. No reply yet.

Would you like to try to clarify this with them as well. As soon as one of us get this info we can share, if it´s ok for you.

73 rated, actually flying othe type, and as I said, I´m not Scandinavian, nor Polish, but I used to have Scandinavian Nationality.

Regards

11th Apr 2006, 20:22
I will do that no probs.

MD12
11th Apr 2006, 20:28
We keep in touch then. Take a look on the forum tomorrow for updates.

Regards,

MD

11th Apr 2006, 20:36
For sure we keep in touch and I will keep my eye on the board for updates.

Cheers

MD12
11th Apr 2006, 21:09
Starsurfer, were you at Crawley last november-december?

Starsurfer
11th Apr 2006, 21:39
Nope can't say that I was.

MD12
11th Apr 2006, 21:54
Jeje, OK, Thanks anyway.

Did you find out what do we have to do next? Can I ask you where are you from?

Regards,

MD

Starsurfer
11th Apr 2006, 22:01
I am from Norwegians Home country.... :)

At the moment I am going to give it a day or two, and see if more information arrive. If not, as I am Scandinavian, If I don't hear anything i show up in Copenhagen at 11 A:M if I am able to get a day of from work. And see where it goes from there.

MD12
11th Apr 2006, 22:35
Uhh...

To be honest I´m a little bit affraid on what am I doing. Not really sure, so I will give it a couple of days and see what happens.

Do you mind to share your background?

Regards,

MD

Jetavia
11th Apr 2006, 23:38
Chaps.. I heard the word low houred.. any of you have below the hours mentioned in the Norwegian jobad (1500TT, 500 multicrew, B737 experience)??

Starsurfer
12th Apr 2006, 10:32
I know that they have been fearly strict on their hours in the past. At least if you do not have 500 hours on type. But if you have experience on type, they might be a little more flexible on the total time. But if they have caled you for an interview, thay might have changed this. Me not know :-)

Jetavia
12th Apr 2006, 12:22
No haven't been invited, as I never applied to airreps. I was told by NAX, that they would not consider applicants below the required hours.. would be a bit disapointed if they did anyway :\

MD12
12th Apr 2006, 14:42
why dissapointed?

Dunno the actual situation at NAX, but what I don´t really know is if there are many B737 experienced crews willing to move to Poland (nice country by the way), as almost all the airlines are looking for such qualified pilots all over Europe.

There might be a lot of low houred, type rated, well prepared f/o able to join the airline and operate safely.

Best regards,

MD

12th Apr 2006, 17:56
Hi guys,

I have not received any more information from NAX. I did send them an email last night and was hoping for some more info. but nothing has come.

Im coming from the UK and I need to sort out accomodation and flights pretty soon.

Will keep you guys posted if I hear anything.

MD12
13th Apr 2006, 17:31
any news?
------

13th Apr 2006, 17:44
no news!!!!

captaink
14th Apr 2006, 08:13
Instead of being

MD12
14th Apr 2006, 08:23
Yeap that's true, but those attending the interview are supposed to be on the 18th!! That gives you a short period of time to get a flight, hotel, etc..

Keep your fingers crossed!

Skunkworks
14th Apr 2006, 09:23
How are the Terms & Conditions? Is it the so popular;

setup-new-company-in-developing-country-so-we-can-screw-the-pilots-we-have- now type of deal?

What is the union's postition on this new company?

Starsurfer
14th Apr 2006, 12:50
Just got an E-Mail telling me to be in copenhagen the 18th at 11 o'clock, to attend an interview with the managment from NAX.

MD12
14th Apr 2006, 12:53
Same for me! See you there!!

14th Apr 2006, 13:17
got the email too. See you there and good luck to everyone.

Jetavia
14th Apr 2006, 13:24
Sent an application a couple of days ago when I read this thread ... guys can't believe it .. got the invitation for interview too.. :ok:

Anyone know if it will be just a chat or a battery of aptitude-math tests etc?

MD12
14th Apr 2006, 15:00
No haven't been invited, as I never applied to airreps. I was told by NAX, that they would not consider applicants below the required hours.. would be a bit disapointed if they did anyway :\

and then:

Sent an application a couple of days ago when I read this thread ... guys can't believe it .. got the invitation for interview too..

Anyone know if it will be just a chat or a battery of aptitude-math tests etc?

------------

Oh mate, hope you fullfill all their initial requirements, if not you're going to be a bit disapointed!!! :) Good luck anyway.

MD12
14th Apr 2006, 15:11
By the way, it is quite funny that you have edited your post, deleting the fragment where you say you´ve been told by the assistant chief Pilot (chief pilot, dir ops, can´t remember) that they where not going to hire pilots with less experience.

Oh mate, that's really really strange!! isn't it?

Regards and once again, good luck.

Jetavia
14th Apr 2006, 16:04
MD12: I sent them an application only a few days ago and have received the same e-mail from Airreps, as you probably received today, with the schedule and times for the introduction and following interviews.

I assume they have read my application form and CV and thus know my hours. If they thought I would not be able to do the job, they would not invite me, but they did. It's true I do not meet their formal requirements, other than the fact that I have the rating to fly their machines. Maybe they did not receive the number of expected applications and unofficially lowered their requirements.. who knows..

Can't see the funny part.. it's my posting, can't I do with it what I like? I have chosen to delete a part of it. But is it wise of you to then resubmit what I wanted out of my posting?

MD12
14th Apr 2006, 16:09
No problem for me, don´t care on what others do, just take care of my self. I just said it is quite strange that you just deleted that you have a contact inside the airline, funny, nothing else. You didn't hide that when you were trying to impress us on what you know about the airline because of the people you know. Don't take it personal, this is a forum an I just wanted to write down my oppinion.

Regarding the other post, what I mean is... that you said you were going to be a little bit disapointed if they call people not fullfilling their requirements. Are you that bit disapointed now that they've call you? I guess the answer is NO.

Good luck.

MD12
15th Apr 2006, 17:34
well, nobody here? don´t study too much!

Good luck to all of you going to CPH.

Regards,

MD

Starsurfer
19th Apr 2006, 15:02
Did you guys go to the interview. What do U think.

J31/32
19th Apr 2006, 18:46
Are you all talking about Norwegian or Norwegian East Europe?? Or am I compleately lost????:ugh: :8 :ooh: :hmm:

MD12
19th Apr 2006, 21:06
NAX Norwegian Air Shuttle for the new Warsaw base.

Best regards.

MD12
20th Apr 2006, 09:37
Starsurfer,

How was it for you?. From what I heard, they told some people straight-away that there was no chance for them during the 5 mins, interview. For the others... about 14 days to get a reply.

Starsurfer
20th Apr 2006, 14:09
Well. I must admtitt I wasn't all that impressed. First of all. Regarding the Polish base, they didn't know annything of the stuff that is important to Pilots. Roster, Pay, Contracts. And to me it seemed like they hadn't talked to aviareps at all. Because they wrote down all the information that we put on the application form once more, they didn't know how many too expect, and it seemed that Aviareps had sent out invitations to quite a few pilots with not enough hrs and I think they was a little bit disapointed when Nax stated 1500 hrs or maby 1000 Hrs byt then you really need 500 Multi crew. If this is Norwegians fault or aviareps I don't know, but if these guys have payd and travveled from far away to get to this interview that Nax called a road show, i feel sorry for them.:{

tiemand
28th Apr 2006, 13:05
Heard that a number of pilots in Poland have been offered positions in WAW.

At this payscale:

Captain: Euros 3000/month 40/block-hour 15000 sign-on fee.

F/O: 1300/month 15/block-hour and a small sign-on fee.

Hopefully nobody is stupid enough to walk into these ****ty conditions.

:{

MD12
29th Apr 2006, 12:05
Still waiting for a response.

:ugh:

MD12
3rd May 2006, 12:26
Did you guys get a reply from them? (even if it's negative)

3rd May 2006, 13:05
Have not heard a thing

MD12
5th May 2006, 11:36
Do you think they are going to send us an email at least to say "no thanks"? Time is up! Where´s the reply?

Good luck mates.

Hårek den Hardbalne
5th May 2006, 15:35
Heard that a number of pilots in Poland have been offered positions in WAW.

At this payscale:

Captain: Euros 3000/month 40/block-hour 15000 sign-on fee.

F/O: 1300/month 15/block-hour and a small sign-on fee.

Hopefully nobody is stupid enough to walk into these ****ty conditions.

:{

It cannot come as a surprise to people that any flight ops set up in Poland by DY will be anything less than low-cost. That is the purpose of the exercise.

MD12
11th May 2006, 07:26
Hi

Just got the response. As expected, I'm out of the race.

Good luck to you guys going to Warsaw and enjoy.

Regards.

maan
3rd Jun 2006, 12:56
I was invited for the second interview in Oslo for FO position with base in WAW. Anyone has new information about the salary level?
(I guess the salary level mentioned earlier in this thread is based on old rumours...)
Thanx!

tracon
3rd Jun 2006, 17:00
For us who are just curiuos, what company is NAX?

all the best and good luck getting the job.

maan
3rd Jun 2006, 19:42
NAX = Norwegian Air Shuttle :ok:

captaink
5th Jun 2006, 16:30
Instead of being

737.pilot
6th Jun 2006, 19:41
10 new guys started ground course today. 5 capts. and 5 f/o's....

maan
9th Jun 2006, 08:58
The interviews are supposed to be on June 15 and 16 in OSL...

Margarita
9th Jun 2006, 11:14
This NAX seem to be a great blessing for Scandinavian aviation. Do they have other new bases than WAW?

captaink
9th Jun 2006, 11:26
Instead of being

Wannagohome
10th Jun 2006, 16:40
Does anybody know where they are advertising for pilots or where to apply.

Their website norwegian.no says "no pilot positions available at the moment". And what's up with that anyway?

Thanks,

Crossunder
10th Jun 2006, 23:30
Blessing schmessing. Anyone know if they have any kind of admission testing (aptitude tests etc...)? Low cost is crap, period.
(That oughtta fire things up :E )

Margarita
10th Jun 2006, 23:40
They must have quite a comherensive testing as they are ready to pay €1300 for FO´s and €3000 for captains per month!

captaink
16th Jun 2006, 13:47
Instead of being

captaink
18th Jun 2006, 19:26
Instead of being

GTU
26th Jun 2006, 13:30
They must have quite a comherensive testing as they are ready to pay €1300 for FO´s and €3000 for captains per month!have you heard anything else conserning benefits etc for the waw base?what about working hrs,,same as in norway?