PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Cook Airlines

WHBM
11th Apr 2006, 09:31
Dreadful question from one supposedly aviation-knowledgeable

Have just booked package to Med including Thomas Cook Airlines, package with another T Cook company. Last time I used TCA food was pre-order and pay for it. This time, web booking, was offered no option for this. Are they still dividing the aircraft into paid for food and not paid for food (front and back respectively as I recall) ? Or have they gone the buy-on-board route ? Tour operators website has nothing about it.

Do not want Mrs WHBM :) to think I do not know everything about aviation (you lot know different, of course ! ).

*Zwitter*
11th Apr 2006, 12:05
you have to book meals in advance - at least you did have to last October when I flew the bucket and spade special.

wanderin_star
11th Apr 2006, 14:13
I recently booked Thomas Cook holiday online - although they were using MyTravel flight. Likewise I was given no option to book or decline airline meal, when I got holiday invoice it stated meal included. I shall make sure I take invoice with me incase of problem on plane. Last year on MyTravel flight the steward asked me if I would swap seat - I kindly obliged - only later to find I was in non meal section of plane. Then had hassle of explaining to other crew that I had paid for meal and had moved seat.

freddiebroders
14th Apr 2006, 17:20
Last month I flew to Agadir on TCX and we were all given a meal whether we had pre-booked one or not.

Hope this helps.

Freddie

firstforfirstchoice
17th Apr 2006, 07:39
I also flew with Thomas Cook Airlines last June (2005) on a night flight from Las Palmas to Birmingham. Every passenger was given a meal, whether they pre-booked one or not.
One of the crew members said that they were giving meals out to all passengers, due to the terrible flying time of the flight.
So passengers who did not book a flight meal, got one free!!

Does anyone know if this is TCX policy to offer free meals to all passengers on night flights, or were the crew just feeling generous??

From what I can remember, the meals were not that bad either!!

WHBM
30th Apr 2006, 07:34
Well to answer my own question, just being back, they do indeed seem to cater for everybody again.

Hot catering both ways. However, don't get too excited about it. They have cracked the problem of managing separate child meals by doing the child meal for everyone ! Sausages and baked beans on the outward, sausages and mash on the return. However I did pay less for the complete holiday package than I pay for a return LHR-GLA on BA, where they now just give a bag of crisps !

Other than the hordes of screaming babies both ways, flight was fine. By the way, what is the SOP if pax can't hear the safety briefing due to screaming babies nearby ? I know the aircraft PA is a MEL item because of the need to hear this same briefing.

firstforfirstchoice
2nd May 2006, 16:35
I know this is slightly off topic in this post, but it is to do with the same airline.

Can anyone confirm if TCX now have a B757-200 based at Nottingham East Midlands Airport during this summer 2006??

As for the summer 2006, two A320's are based at London Gatwick, one at Manchester and one at London Stansted, leaving nothing for NEMA, as the fifth A320 (G-TCKE) has left the fleet for their operations in Germany.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers.