PDA

View Full Version : OASC and other questions

wkl
10th Apr 2006, 21:11
Hi, I did a search but didn't see anyone ask this question before, so direct me to the search button if I am wrong.

Will the people at the OASC not like it if the thing I am trying for is my second choice. For example, if I am colourblind and my first choice was pilot, but I go for WSOp (L) instead? (http://www.aop.org.uk/uploaded_files/royal_air_force_-_eyesight_entry_standards.pdf says that you can be CP4 and be a WSOp (L). Can anyone comfirm this is still true?) Even if I said pilot was my first choice but I am interested being a WSOp because of <reasons>?

Second, if it is true is WSOp (L) the only member of aircrew that I can try for if I am CP3/4?

Third, to be CP1 in the Navy do you have to be classed CP2 first with the Ishihara plates first before you get tested with the H-W lantern?

Sorry if I worded any of it badly, I'll try to be more clear if you cannont understand it.

Pontius Navigator
10th Apr 2006, 21:34
I can only answer this: Will the people at the OASC not like it if the thing I am trying for is my second choice. For example, if I am colourblind and my first choice was pilot, but I go for WSOp (L) instead?

The answer, if I read the question correctly, is they will not mind. Quite the reverse. If you put down Flt Ops and bust then they would try and pursuade you to open up your choices. If you insisted on a one and only choice then that is all they can offer you or not.

So put down as many options as you would wish to accept but be prepared to be able to discuss why you want to be a scribbly, plod or WSO. All that matters is that you know about the jobs you want to be considered for.