PDA

View Full Version : guess the date

nite flyer
10th Apr 2006, 16:37
Anyone care to speculate as to when Bush will nuke Tehran

Seems that some of his staff are finally starting to get the jitters cos Bush won't rule nukes out.

BenThere
10th Apr 2006, 16:42
I'd have to say it'll only be when Great Britain becomes a Sunni Islamic state and uses its nuclear arsenal to punish Iran's Shiite apostacy. Probably not for another 60 years.

SLFguy
10th Apr 2006, 16:45
06/06/06 ? :uhoh:

tony draper
10th Apr 2006, 16:55
Dunno what all the fuss is about,a nuke is just another explosive device,allbeit with a rather larger yield than conventional chemical explosives,one uses the tool necessary to get the job done is all.
:cool:

colmac747
10th Apr 2006, 18:01
Tomorrow

:}

G-CPTN
10th Apr 2006, 18:03
Heard an American 'expert' say that first strike would be conventional, and not Nuclear, but IF Iran fought back (dirty) then the US would unleash the 'Bomb'.

con-pilot
10th Apr 2006, 18:16
Please refer to this link.:E

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=221165

Gingerbread Man
10th Apr 2006, 19:49
one uses the tool necessary to get the job done is all

I've heard that said weapons leave some unpleasantness behind them after they've exploded. Must be like a bad smell or something - that's why there is so much opposition to their use.

Ginger ;)

Onan the Clumsy
10th Apr 2006, 19:54
when Great Britain becomes a Sunni Islamic stateIt was originally Wiccan

tony draper
10th Apr 2006, 20:18
Nah,Mr Gingerbread our modern nuclear weapons are clean thermonuclear devices dontchan know,not the primitive fission weapon they are trying to come up with,we can even dial in the yield we want 200 kilotons right down to .002 of a kiloton on each warhead,thats progress forr yer.
:rolleyes:

Onan the Clumsy
10th Apr 2006, 21:03
How can you have point-anything of a kilo-anything?

tall and tasty
10th Apr 2006, 21:52
would not like to speculate as my track record for getting things right it would be spot on and then they would come and chase me for inside infor which I would not have!

lets hope it never happens, but talking about nuking, I am rather good at nuking jacket potatoes in the microwave! still can't manage to get that right so have to go back to the good old oven and waiting 2 hours!!

TnT :p

opps thread diversion will get shot down for that! :}

Gingerbread Man
10th Apr 2006, 21:57
I didn't realise that Mr Draper. In that case i'm surprised they haven't used them yet :rolleyes: . Are they going in reverse alphabetical? Seems an odd way to go but gives a warning to Indonesia at least.

Ginger ;)

Lon More
10th Apr 2006, 21:58
Nukes, sorry ik dacht dat u het over neuken* had.:O

* naughty Dutch word

Sammie_nl
10th Apr 2006, 22:28
Lon More, that nasty word can result in more nasty side effects than yer average N-bomb :}

Even stranger is that GWB supports the bomb but tries other people to lay off Neuken, wonder why?

ExSimGuy
11th Apr 2006, 05:54
I just read the BBC news web site this morning

"Bush says not planning attack"

Oh dear - in that case I'm going to break out my S10 and nuke-proof trousers straight away.

The only thing that would worry me more would be if Tony also announced that he wasn't either:oh:

Saintsman
11th Apr 2006, 08:12
What's the point of spending all that money on nukes if you're not going to use them?

It's about time the taxpayer had value for money. :hmm:

acbus1
11th Apr 2006, 08:30
when Great Britain becomes a Sunni Islamic state
That'll be the day.

When Great Britain becomes sunny. :rolleyes:

BlueWolf
11th Apr 2006, 08:38
Either within the next eight months or not till next year.
:p

That doesn't leave mushroom to cloud the debate...

angels
11th Apr 2006, 08:41
City trader types can actually put punts on this on at least a couple of trading websites. I won't give the urls here for them, but with a bit of hunting they can be found.

The latest price on one of them is for a 25.2 percent chance of an 'overt air strike' by March 2007.

Navajo8686
11th Apr 2006, 09:31
Is it true - or is it one of those 'urban myths' - that Israel has never signed up to any nuclear weapon reduction programme and has repeatedly ignored UN resolutions to?

If it is true I'm worried......if it's not then presumably they'll lob the first one into Iran:uhoh:

acbus1
11th Apr 2006, 09:47
The latest price on one of them is for a 25.2 percent chance of an 'overt air strike' by March 2007.
Overt, eh?

What's the odds on a concealed air strike, then. :rolleyes:

Bit tricky, they are. It's the explosions that are the real giveaway. :rolleyes:

SLFguy
11th Apr 2006, 11:38

Flippin heck! Have them Yorkshire types got a nuclear bomb now!!?? :uhoh: :uhoh:

"Ey oop lad - we'll just send one of them there 'over 't airstrikes and all will be right gradeley"

G-CPTN
11th Apr 2006, 14:01
What price on total destruction of the World? One might risk everything one owns on that . . .

Lon More
11th Apr 2006, 16:07
Googled "world end" clicked on this (http://www.religioustolerance.org/end_wrl1.htm) and gor an error - page not found- so it must have already happened

Maybe like this (http://www.ebaumsworld.com/flash/endofworld.html)

PileUp Officer
11th Apr 2006, 16:13
I'd have to say it'll only be when Great Britain becomes a Sunni Islamic state and uses its nuclear arsenal to punish Iran's Shiite apostacy. Probably not for another 60 years.

Iran will be pretty Sunni (er) if this happens. Arf arf.

So... let me get this right... The US is allegedly planning on using nukes against Iran because Iran may possibly develop nukes in the future? :confused:

Hmmm... good incentive.

ex_matelot
11th Apr 2006, 17:59
We should nuke them anyway-we need the practice with nukes considering how long ago it was when we last unleashed the fury,look at the benefits-we gain lots more scientific research data and rid the world of several thousand more soldiers of Allah to boot!

frostbite
11th Apr 2006, 18:17
According to the news, Iran has just succeeded in enriching low-level Uranium for the first time.

Do they possess delivery equipment?

Lon More
12th Apr 2006, 01:03
Do they possess delivery equipment?
Even has its own website (http://www.sedona.net/pahlavi/post.html)

Jerricho
12th Apr 2006, 03:35
Hey, nice link Lon.

That's Plazbot's favorite internet thing.

frostbite
12th Apr 2006, 13:23
Even has its own website (http://www.sedona.net/pahlavi/post.html)

Wouldn't need recorded delivery!

emergov
12th Apr 2006, 13:33
Is it true - or is it one of those 'urban myths' - that Israel has never signed up to any nuclear weapon reduction programme and has repeatedly ignored UN resolutions to?
If it is true I'm worried......if it's not then presumably they'll lob the first one into Iran:uhoh:

Israel has always taken the stance of 'neither confirming nor denying', but is widely considered to have weapons and a delivery capability.

I don't think anyone is going to attack Iran with a nuclear anything. I think these are all not-so-subtle reminders of what is at stake.

IMHFO
13th Apr 2006, 06:18
So it's untrue then Jerrrico - thought you were going to say he liked more "cheeky' sites. heh heh heh.

Back to the point - er when the price at the pump reaches (plucks number out of bottom)........2 dollars!

Yeah but no but. We Septics can have them nukey things and be mad ar$e barstewards but you can't have those nukey things and be mad ar$ed barstewards - so there.