PDA

View Full Version : Another group of pilots leaving QR

goatliner
10th Apr 2006, 07:46
Hi Guys,

After the resignation of four expat F/O's last month it looks like QR is facing a new problem.
Egypt Air is calling back pilots and the caravan already starts to move back into the country on the Nile.
Surprisingly not only Captains, even high seniority F/O's follow the pharaos call and pack their bags.
Apparently there is not a lot of trust in the "new" flight-ops management(concerning upgrade and changes for the better inQR), or maybe Egypt Air has redefined the paysceme?
I am sure QR is not an exception and it will affect most of the gulf carriers.As far as I know Air Arabia has hired most of the egyptian skippers.
Let's see how the airlines in the region are responding to this new situation.

Regards

Goatliner:ok:

Sgnr de L'Atlantique
10th Apr 2006, 12:57
No matter whats on offer when you are flying as an expat, there is no place like home!

Even if the paysheme is only half of what you are making now, people will ALWAYS prefer to be at home!

Reason: you are protected there, you are not considered a guest without any rights, you can speak up and you have the feeling you are actually building on an airline that belongs partly to yourself!

That is why airlines with lots of experience in expat recruitment ( nobody in the ME but airlines like Cathay Pacific or SIA ) will try to make pilots to stay by offering them a career opportunity, from the day they joined untill the day they retire. This includes transparent promotion plans, retirement plans, provident funds, profit sharing, housing solutions ( preferrabble investment sollutions where employees can invest in their own houses etc...)
h
This is where the ME airlines have it so so wrong and if they do not change these policies, they will loose the battle in the very near future!

Good luck to our Egyptian colleagues....

Le Seigneur de L'Atlantique

loc22550
10th Apr 2006, 13:41
Right Seigneur de l´atlantique....those company(in the middle east) still think they can do whatever they want to do with the expats, we have only duty...no rights...!(although expat community is forming 80% of the population in Qatar!!!) well... what do they expect...,that people are gone stay.....??

loc22550
10th Apr 2006, 13:51
And one of the latest air crew notice says that all the captain are gone be trained to fly on the right hand seat.....they must be really F/0 desperated...:confused:

Flying Daggers
10th Apr 2006, 16:20
Yep, sounds like an adventure trip of national geographic team. I'd love to see some of our dickheads flying together, scalping each other cause of not loosing the face or kinda other weird bull****. :mad:

loc22550
11th Apr 2006, 06:32
:ok: Flying Daggers