View Full Version : Anyone for cricket?

Hidden Agenda
10th Apr 2006, 02:22
In what the BBC reports as "a bizarre turn of events" the authorities requested the use of a helicopter in an attempt to dry a number of wet areas of the cricket ground at Guwahati, India. However, not even the downwash of an EC was sufficient to "blow dry" the cricket ground and rescue the India v. England cricket match.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41540000/jpg/_41540378_chopper_pa.jpg

CYHeli
10th Apr 2006, 03:37
I don't like the look of all that loose stuff. :confused: :confused:

deeper
10th Apr 2006, 03:51
You look at that photograph and shake your head in disbelief.
If anything had happened with all that crap flying around it would not have been an accident , the pilot would have done it on purpose. what a fool.
:yuk: :mad:

Robbo Jock
10th Apr 2006, 20:12
Do they have a 500 foot rule in India? Or is it a 5 foot rule? Not to mention the large gathering of people.

SHortshaft
11th Apr 2006, 00:13
Key words here are ‘authorities’ and ‘cricket’. In India, perhaps even all of South Asia, if it has the blessing of the first and is in the interests of the second there are no restrictive rules…for anything.

I am surprised that some forum members haven’t come up with stories of doing similar in other parts of the world. I recall it even happening in the UK ‘before PC’.

farmpilot
11th Apr 2006, 13:30
I think and in South Africa, but not that sure........:confused:

BobbyBolkow
11th Apr 2006, 13:56
Remember MANY years ago a certain Cavalry Regiment in BAOR 'Tasking' one of our Gazelles to "sweep the parade ground" prior to a very high ranking visit! Great fun and wot's JSP 318 anyway?

Does ANYONE know how to fly this thing? :ok: