PDA

View Full Version : Mini printer query

Fokkerwokker
9th Apr 2006, 13:11
Anyone had any experience/knowledge of a rechargeable 'mini printer' that you could pack in a suitcase/briefcase perhaps? I am sure I read something about them somewhere but googling hasn't turned up anything just yet. A combined scanner would be even more useful if it existed.

SIZE MATTERS!

It would be used for typing out reports 'in the field'.

Any pointers as to the path to follow would be appreciated.

Ta

FW

Captain Sensible
9th Apr 2006, 15:37
Canon IP90, if you can find anyone who stocks the rechargeable battery, or new HP460, already has battery inside, so a bit bigger; we've got both for the a/c. Both have bluetooth.

Conan the Librarian
9th Apr 2006, 17:19
Canon Selphy, I think. Well, some versions of it anyway. Isn't email to base a more manageable option?

Conan

Tired Old Man
9th Apr 2006, 18:53
See the review and small mpeg of the canon ip90 here

http://reviews.cnet.com/Canon_Pixma_iP90/4505-3166_7-31256903.html

It looks good and very portable but slightly pricey ?

ExSimGuy
13th Apr 2006, 18:56
I've had an HP450 for a couple of years, and take it with me any time I'm away from base for a while and might have to type up quotes, etc. The 460 is probably the later version.

Works nicely, just park it beside the laptop with the I/R ports lined up, and print.

My only problem is that it's a little bit reluctant to feed paper in sometimes - probably needs servicing/cleaning, as it gets chucked in the car and I get in some very dusty environments.

When flying it gets packed in my suitcase as much "in the middle" as I can.

Travelling by car, I have one laptop bag for the laptop, and another for the printer, laptop charger, printer charger, phone charger, digi camera and charger, "UK" phone cable, "US" phone cable, mains plug adapters and extension . . .:(