PDA

View Full Version : Major announcement at Avalon

Lagrange
5th Apr 2006, 00:40
Qantas will make a major announcement at Avalon this week. It will have significant industrial implications. Stand by...

Buster Hyman
5th Apr 2006, 02:09
Anything to do with the Australian Disneyland?

boeingwest
5th Apr 2006, 02:57
No I think the Moscow Circus is setting up tent there for a few months. Hope those A320's don't spook the elephants!

qcc2
5th Apr 2006, 03:11
if you read lindsay foxes vision he would like to have a major cargo hub in avalon. he also would like to see the mel wholesale market there. lots of cargo through avalon. i suppose he would have qf involved in some of that.:ok:

Apophis
5th Apr 2006, 03:14
anything to do with the store man robbing them of hundreds of thousand dollars.

Rocket Rob
5th Apr 2006, 09:44
Lagrange

Come on mate the suspense is killing us all!!!!

Could it be the 5x2 shift for all? or no shifts at all?

amos2
5th Apr 2006, 10:12
Well, this is from left field I know...

but, from a good source...

the closure of Jetstar is imminent!!

Rocket Rob
5th Apr 2006, 10:38
amos2

Me tinks you must be on something, jetstar closing at Avalon after all the progress it is making surely you jest? next thing we hear will be Mr. Fox giving the place away for free!!!

Apophis
5th Apr 2006, 10:55
maybe all work to china because avalon can,t handle it and moving everything from syd is to hard.

BHMvictim
5th Apr 2006, 13:03
Maybe AWAs?

Eagleman
6th Apr 2006, 05:43
I have heard from a reliable source that there is to be an announcement and that it will impact engineering.

Why doesn't Virgin operate out of Avalon? It would be great to see head to head competion between DJ and JQ. I bet I know what would happen. :{

nibso
6th Apr 2006, 06:03
amos2

I can guarantee you 100% jetstar will NOT be closing its Avlalon operation.

AN LAME
6th Apr 2006, 06:10
I've heard one that Avalon will be sold to Boeing as an established MRO :uhoh: Although I would expect it to be more of a partnership arrangement

Apophis
6th Apr 2006, 06:35
both Qantas and Forstaff own just about nothing at avalon forstaff has some office equipment and a cash tin with nohting in it qantas some docking and tooling all which could be thrown on a truck and gone overnight what are they going to sell.
Plus the storeman already sold quite a large amount of there tools already prehaps he knew something no one else did.:ok:

domo
9th Apr 2006, 00:18
Major announcement at Avalon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Qantas will make a major announcement at Avalon this week. It will have significant industrial implications. Stand by...

ok mr lagreach you had your week
what is this ground breaking announcement

Apophis
9th Apr 2006, 01:56
Nothing has happened so far apart from a tosser of a Qantas supervisor running around telling us we are still under review but no one seems to give a flying rat’s arse and think he is just a fool and they are correct he is.:ok:

the shaman
9th Apr 2006, 11:35
a few issues to consider at AVV:

Qantas lease expires in a couple of years (Lindsay has been ripping off the rat from day one anyway)

the facility is lightweight, no descent plant and equipment. Builders scaffolding used for docking.

no descent workshops. Demotivated contract workforce (QF supervisors don't take offense - I know many of you are highleyy skilled with many years experience - TRAINED IN H245 MASCOT NO LESS:

Immature and inexperienced managment commissioned on their ability to say YES.

to boot rumour has it that a long term airframe mod contract for a company based in the middle east has just been canned at the last minute due to all the above points.
:(

Apophis
10th Apr 2006, 01:45
That’s a good overall account of Avalon the workshops are nothing but a joke and a bloody disgrace how the guys who work in them get the amount of work done here through them is testament to the people on the floor not the people running it because they are friggin clueless however this does not stop them taking credit for getting things done when its the guys on the floor who sort out the mess created by the managers.
:ok:

planemad2
10th Apr 2006, 02:25
So what is this BIG announcement? :bored:

Apophis
10th Apr 2006, 02:37
Thats the question where is the answer ?

planemad2
10th Apr 2006, 02:44
Here it is.................. :E

---------------------------------------------------------------

About Avalon

Avalon Airport is situated on 1,840 hectares, with over 50,000 square metres of hangar and aerospace haccomodation. Avalon provides unique commercial opportunities in the fields of integrated logistics, freight handling, property development, aircraft maintainence and pilot training.

Linfox's Avalon Airport is an aviation precinct of excellence and home to major Australian and international aerospace companies. Located just 55 kilometres from Melbourne, Australia's second largest city, Linfox Avalon features a 3,048 metre runway and associated infrastructure capable of landing B747 and freight and international airshows and has been a leading contributor to Australia's aerospace industry for over 50 years.

The Monst.
10th Apr 2006, 06:23
...so...what IS the big announcement?...:confused: :eek:

Frank Burden
10th Apr 2006, 06:47
Just got it from Harry, the honest taxi driver from Hoppers Crossing. Avalon is to be developed similar to Sanctuary Lakes near Point Cook. Lots of big house on small blocks.

Seems there are major problems at Avalon as there is not enough work for the noise complaints officer [rumoured to be related to GD].

The simple but elegant solution is to build lots of houses on final approach to RWY 18/36. This is seen to be an outstanding solution. Even endorsed by the Linfox Board.

Rocket Rob
10th Apr 2006, 07:03
Frank Burden

Yeah right, and the Prime Minister of Kiwi Land has just ordered that all Kiwi's will be flying (the real birds) by next year. Looks as though the great NEWS was just a load of Cr*P as always seems to be on this forum. As a bit of an open go how many persons would consider moving to Avalon from Sydney ? no better way to put some experience into an area than come on down and show how it's done hey.

Apophis
10th Apr 2006, 08:20
why would anyone move from SYD now when AVV might go belly up within a year ?

inthefluffystuff
10th Apr 2006, 17:42
Apophis

Within a year, you are very generous mate.

Apophis
11th Apr 2006, 01:37
Probably take them that long to get off they fat backsides and organize it.:ok:

AEROMEDIC
12th Apr 2006, 08:26
How about this?
1. Avalon to receive new Strip and Repaint facility.(Drive in-Drive Out)
2. New long term maintenance contract with European operator.
3. Recruitment of staff from Eastern Europe on Fixed term contracts.
4. No, Jetstar is not closing down. In fact, Jetstar International will begin operations from Avalon after extensive upgrades in infrastructure (Customs Immigration, Duty free, Fire services, Security, etc.)
Now THERE'S a few possibilities !:O

Apophis
12th Apr 2006, 09:02
don,t think so

BHMvictim
12th Apr 2006, 11:29
AWA's. Welcome to Howards world.

hawks05
13th Apr 2006, 01:26
anything to do with the store man robbing them of hundreds of thousand dollars.Good to see you have got the guts to kick a man while he is down unless you know all the facts you should keep your mouth shut.

hawks05
13th Apr 2006, 01:36
Its about time (edit)people stop slagging each other off and calling names (edit). Stop bagging Avalon as some of the work force come from sydney. so if there are any issues with Avalon you can thank your mates who move from sydney to start the plant. Even though you are trying to hold up parts and repairs we are still getting the work out, so grow up and get on with life.

Peter, you can have a few days off in Long Beach.

32 posts and no major announcement. Just a vehicle to re-ignite the Sydney vs Avalon debate.

Grow up, children.

**Click**

Woomera (Eastern States)