PDA

View Full Version : The Airline Pilot from Hell

Peter C. Cromwell
8th Apr 2006, 22:31
Check this out:

www.geocities.com/deancmoss

P|_azbot
8th Apr 2006, 22:55
Awsome. First post. Web link. No summary and it does not work anyway.

you=suck at internets

:E

ultimatepro63
8th Apr 2006, 23:01
Go easy on him :}

Whirlygig
8th Apr 2006, 23:11
I think that was plazbot in his "go easy" mode :}

Cheers

Whirls

P|_azbot
8th Apr 2006, 23:40
Awww come on people. I put one of those smiley things after the text.

Whirlygig
8th Apr 2006, 23:52
...and so did we love, so did we :p ;)

Cheers

Whirls

Loose rivets
9th Apr 2006, 00:30
I knew a good few 'captains' like him. Their antics could be character building, or totally destructive to a young pilot. While I wouldn't wish that they would rot in Hell, I often wished they would just plain rot....but they wouldn't, cos of the hard booze that usually permeated every cell of the bodies.

Jerricho
9th Apr 2006, 01:17
Plaz........don't go changing.

con-pilot
9th Apr 2006, 03:14
I, like loose rivets, have had the fortune (or I should say misfortune) to fly with these type captains. One had less total time and less jet time than I did, by a lot, but because he was senior to me he was the captain.

The funny thing was that outside the cockpit he was a really nice guy.

pigboat
9th Apr 2006, 03:42
Sounds like a real prince.

Out of totally idle curiosity, can anyone make out the registration of the F-27 in the pic accompanying the article? Horizon bought 3 F-27's from a company I used to work for, and I wonder if I've ever flown the one pictured. :8

18-Wheeler
9th Apr 2006, 04:27
PMSL!!!

I know some pilots a lot like him.
I've refused to fly with one, a real nutcase. No idea why he's kept on. no-one has any idea what he's doing in the cockpit as he refuses to follow SOP's, shouts at people, etc.
Made it clear if he tries that crap on me any more he'll get flattened.

Grandpa
9th Apr 2006, 07:40
.....: how is it possible to meet so many nuts in such a profession where individuals encounter so many personnality checks?
(this has ruined psychology and its zealots in my mind)

Solid Rust Twotter
9th Apr 2006, 08:00
Used to work for a company where that kind of behaviour among captains was encouraged by the psychopath in charge.:(

acbus1
9th Apr 2006, 08:09
These personalities will forever pervade commercial aviation. You'll never get rid of them. It all ties in with being a pilot.....they seem, consistently, to be self centered, egotistically, conceited control freaks.

I should know, I are one. :{

The additional problem here is that the Company this guy worked for allowed such a culture to develop. Some even encourage it, either by negligence or by personal example. Then there's the other essential ingredient ......"young first officers, hired with the minimum experience required by federal authorities." Plus maintenance standards designed to cause accidents. And appalling simulator training.

I should know, I used to work for one. :{

But only "used to". :D

Little Blue
9th Apr 2006, 08:32
Awwwww AC, you took the wind out of my sails !!
Still, its nice to see that you agree with everyone elses high opinion of you.
Now that's a sign of a real thoroughbred [email protected]
Keep up the good work.
Toodle pip.;)

chuks
9th Apr 2006, 13:30
Not everyone in aviation is an S.O.B but all of the S.O.B.s are in aviation. And I should know, since I, too, have flown with a few. Many of those folks just seem to lack a life, somehow, and choose the cockpit as a place to do a little workout on everyone else for that cruel twist of fate.

On the other hand, as the old song goes, 'Tis sweet to be remembered,' and at least the late Captain Moss is remembered once a year. So there is that.

Solid Rust Twotter
9th Apr 2006, 13:32
Yep...

Waiting for this particular problem child to croak. Will have to make a pilgrimage once a year to make sure the wooden stake is still in place to prevent it rising from the dead.

757manipulator
9th Apr 2006, 14:00
Not that I'd condone the following but.......
A few years ago I had a sim check with a particular TRI who had a reputation for being a nit-picker of the worst kind, he was also a bully, and worringly he seemed to have "something" on just about every management person in the company I worked for.
Needless to say despite my best efforts (which according to my sim partner were perfectly acceptable, he was a training Capt) this guy failed me. During the debrief, which he insisted he carry out one to one he used just about every expletive ever uttered and he questioned my intergrity, my motivation, and my professionalism. Being normally a level headed individual I took this on board in as constructive a way as I possibly could, and thought I had left at that (assuming foolishly I would be scheduled for quick spot of retraining). The next day I was fired:eek:
Fast forward a few years and a new job with a few more thousand hours under my belt, I get a call from my Chief Pilot.."hi 757, dont you know such and such, hes just applied to us as a DEC/trainer..what do you think?" Sure I said get him in for an interview:E (I used to help with recruitment)
The day duly arrived, and said individual pitched up for his interview, I stayed away for the initial portion, but entered the room about 10 minutes after he did......
The look on his face will live with me till they day I die..I then repeated the treatment he dished out to me those few years previous. His final ignomy was to be informed by yours truely that someone had backed into his car in the carpark. I neglected to mention it was me:E
Karma is a funny thing:ok:

Solid Rust Twotter
9th Apr 2006, 14:04
You is a good man, brother...:ok:

Idunno
9th Apr 2006, 14:29
Anyone who's been in this business long enough has met one of these twats. Things were even worse before CRM was 'invented' and (more crucially) given serious headance by management.
My outfit used to have a legendary Chief Training Captain who's sole method of communication was grunting.

Seriously!
You can imagine the standard that fostered in certain 'personalities' in the pilot body.

He's fondly remembered now - ahhh, the good old days.

Peter C. Cromwell
9th Apr 2006, 19:08
Out of totally idle curiosity, can anyone make out the registration of the F-27 in the pic accompanying the article? Horizon bought 3 F-27's from a company I used to work for, and I wonder if I've ever flown the one pictured.

When Horizon purchased its F-27 fleet, it reregistered the airplanes. All Horizon aircraft of that era bore N-numbers ending in PH (for Pacific Horizon, which was the original name of the company.)

pigboat
9th Apr 2006, 19:55
Yeah, they bought CF-QBA, QBD and QBZ. QBD, msn 27, became N272PH. I can't remember what the others were.

FFP
9th Apr 2006, 21:08
Yeah, they bought CF-QBA, QBD and QBZ. QBD, msn 27, became N272PH. I can't remember what the others were.

Get out more. Seriously. I mean it. :p

acbus1
10th Apr 2006, 07:41
Just for FFP.......

N1823G was an F27 with Horizon.

:p

;)