PDA

View Full Version : New low, low, low, low cost airline.

con-pilot
8th Apr 2006, 20:53
From the "Onion"

New Co-Op Airline Offers Cheaper Fares If You Help Fly The Plane
February 11, 2004 | Issue 40•06

SAN FRANCISCO—GreenWay Airlines, a new low-cost, cooperative airline, offers inexpensive fares to passengers who assist with the flight, an airline spokesman said Monday. "Unlike pricey corporate airlines, GreenWay is run by and for the people," said Brad Olson, a member of the GreenWay elected board. "But, in order to keep our ticket prices low, everyone who wants to fly with us needs to pitch in and help us navigate and maintain the aircraft. All positions, from baggage handler to pilot, will be filled by volunteers who sign up for four-hour shifts." GreenWay will begin taking reservations for daily flights between San Francisco and Austin, TX, as soon as someone can figure out how to use the booking software.

timmcat
8th Apr 2006, 20:56
Hope a certain Mr. L Hairy-Camel doesn't see that, might give him ideas.... :oh:

frostbite
8th Apr 2006, 21:04
Will they be stopping en route to take on more wood?

G-CPTN
8th Apr 2006, 21:05
Will they have fixed routes, or will last one aboard have to take the 'plane home with them?
:E :ok:

Noah Zark.
8th Apr 2006, 21:17
Will they have fixed routes,

It depends on how good the temporary part-time navigators are!

tilewood
8th Apr 2006, 22:53
I don't mind volunteering for the evening shift, so long as I can have
a crack at flying the thing!! :p

Whirlygig
8th Apr 2006, 23:08
I think your offer sounds fair Tilewood - a volunteer is worth ten pressed men after all! :}

I'll do the radio as there's no hovering involved; just so long as I don't have to do the catering!

Cheers

Whirls

tilewood
8th Apr 2006, 23:17
OK Whirls.

You can do the radio, I'll sit in the front seat and play with the
switches and levers, and Dale Winton can serve the drinks!!

Now where shall we go?!! :ok:

P|_azbot
8th Apr 2006, 23:43
Jerricho will do the hand flapping male trolley pusher of questionable sexuality position.

Whirlygig
8th Apr 2006, 23:51
Plazbot, are you implying that Jerricho = Dale Winton?

Tilewood - not too fussed where we go but I think it ought to be short haul so I can return home each evening to Northrepps International Airport! Failing that, RAF Horsham St. Faith!

Cheers

Whirls

con-pilot
9th Apr 2006, 00:20
Aw, you are so nice Whirly.:)

Would you look after my wolf?:p

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c246/con-pilot/beautifulwolf.jpg

Whirlygig
9th Apr 2006, 00:24
Aww, he's a little puppy := but really, you ought to be giving him more to eat than dried autumn leaves! No wonder he's looking pee'd off with you!!

Cheers

Whirls

con-pilot
9th Apr 2006, 00:30
It's actually a she. We keep one corner of our back yard (garden) more or less untouched for her 'den' area. We have about an acre so she has plenty of area to play in.

She is unbelievably shy and timid. A very gentle creature.

Boy, talk about thread creep.:p

Whirlygig
9th Apr 2006, 00:33
Con, did you get confused :confused: with another thread whereby I offered to look after airship's cats if he fell ill because he'd eaten something nasty?

No matter, SHE is lovely and I'd be more than happy to take her walkies! I'm not partisan when it comes to cats and dogs, unlike some! :ok:

Cheers

Whirls

Skycop
9th Apr 2006, 00:34
She is unbelievably shy and timid. A very gentle creature.

Who is - Whirlygig? Oh, perhaps she is.

Whirlygig
9th Apr 2006, 00:36
Some have said so := :O I'm very gentle with dumb animals ;)

Cheers

Whirls

airship
9th Apr 2006, 00:39
I'd look after wolfie for you c-p. Only they tend to shoot wolves hereabouts... :mad: :sad:

BlueWolf
9th Apr 2006, 00:46
She has a kennel here anytime she wants it, con :ok:

Whirlygig
9th Apr 2006, 00:49
Not bad Con, your wolflette (wolfling?) has offers of holidays in New Zealand, France and...er... Norfolk? I think I know which I'd prefer!

Cheers

Whirls

airship
9th Apr 2006, 01:07
Yeah, 'Rainboe Warrior' notwithstanding, that S. Pacific nation's sheep farmers would prolly react similarly to those hereabouts. Norfolk sounds alright, but isn't there a mythical wolflike beast that was rumoured to inhabit the region...?! :{

PS. The airline idea sounds interesting. Except for 'dead-heading pilots and cabin crew' maybe...?! :8

Whirlygig
9th Apr 2006, 01:21
but isn't there a mythical wolflike beast that was rumoured to inhabit the region...?!
No, not unless you include my mother's black hound! :p

Is it this (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=380680&in_page_id=1770) you're thinking of?

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a228/Whirls/lynxPA220306_450x310.jpg

Cheers

Whirls

Anyway, Thread Creep - shouldn't you be gyring and gimballing in the wabe?

airship
9th Apr 2006, 01:26
But I thought Manx cats only had 3 legs?! ;)

Tell me it's only sleeping... :{

Whirlygig
9th Apr 2006, 01:28
No, sorry airship, that was said Lynx AFTER it had been found in the freezer!

Are you sure you want me to look after your cats?!

Cheers

Whirls

Krystal n chips
9th Apr 2006, 08:27
Typical of the JB fraternity then ! ;) All for the "glamour" jobs---and not one mention of "I'll change the brake units and mainwheels at 0300hrs"----can't think why ! :p :hmm:

Solid Rust Twotter
9th Apr 2006, 08:35
She's really a beaut, Con. She can move in with me any time and my boy would be pretty impressed as well. He's a wolf/GSD cross.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d132/Lardbeast/Monsters.jpg

acbus1
9th Apr 2006, 08:40
.....with a sense of humour.

Told to smile and he sticks his tongue out instead! :}

G-CPTN
9th Apr 2006, 14:31
He's hungry!

757manipulator
9th Apr 2006, 14:37
Does anyone know where the toilet is....?adding to the creep:E