PDA

View Full Version : BA BUD-LHR Aircraft Used?

the_fish@blueyonder.
8th Apr 2006, 16:58
I just booked a flight from Budapest to Heathrow with BA this August, the flight is BA0869 and leaves at 19:30 on the 18th.

The Flight details suggest that it is a B757 used on this flight, but the BA Timetable suggests it is an A319 used. :confused:

Does anyone know for sure (assuming there is no problems or delays and the like) what aircraft is used on this route?

Preferably I'd like the A319 as they are more modern and recently on a flight from EDI-LHR I was on this aircraft and found it to be more comfortable than the B757 I got on my return leg.

Thanks.

WHBM
10th Apr 2006, 10:13
The BA short-haul fleet is fairly flexible in its allocation, as there is little slipping of crews downroute, unlike long-haul and thus no need to keep to one type as crews work out and home on the same aircraft. As this date is still 4 months away there could be some change. Generally the on-line res data will be more accurate as they need to know what to sell for each flight, whereas the timetable maybe doesn't bother with the minutiae of different aircraft allocated on different days.

It does appear that 865/9 are planned for a 757, and 867 for a 320, on that day.

The main reason Airbus narrowbody is more comfortable than Boeing is that it has a 6" wider fuselage, which allows 1" extra seat width per pax.