PDA

View Full Version : EGNJ routing to the South

ExRAFRadar
7th Apr 2006, 18:25
Evening all (UK anyway)

Again apologies if this is the wrong forum.

What would be the correct routing out of Humberside to the South ? Destination LEAL but do not want to ask for entire route (though that would be nice :)).

Reason for asking is my daughter ( at 7 years old is showing an interest in flying) is with me on a flight to Alicante and I want to work out timings over various parts of Europe to be able to point things out. Weather and seating permitting of course.

Sorry to be a pain.

Many thanks.

windshear-a-head
7th Apr 2006, 19:47
The usual departure for the south if your depating runway 21, is to fly to either Upton or Goles not sure which comes before the other, i think Goles is around goole, then towards Leeds before turning left to head south onver Nottingham etc.

The last clearance I got out of there was to be at Goles by FL120 (12000ft) as this is where we join controlled airspace and begin to talk to London.

Hope this helps.

ExRAFRadar
7th Apr 2006, 20:35
Thanks Windshear that helps a lot.

This is gonna sound real sad but I fly the route using FS2004 and then mark times when my daughter will ask me "Where are we daddy".

I use a flight planning program (FSBuild) that used exactly the route you mentioned. Just looked strange on the map, heading West before turning South out of Humberside but that just goes to show my ignorance.

Again my thanks.

Just hoping for a clear day and a window seat. My little daughter is really showing an interest in this and I am doing all I can to encourage her.

Cheers

windshear-a-head
8th Apr 2006, 19:45
No problem at all, I use FS myself great for those up'n coming sim checks!.The main reason for going out that way (I think) is due to the number of RAF bases south of HUY, Waddington, Cranwell, Wittering etc.. just keeps traffic out the way of each other i suppose.