PDA

View Full Version : political Correctness Gone Mad...Judge you have my vote

The Otter's Pocket
7th Apr 2006, 16:47
Listerning to a member of the NUT this morning. She suggested that a judge was wrong to suggest that having a child of 10 being brought infront of him was "Political Correctness Gone Mad".

Listerned to her drivel on not in the real world, do we as a society really want:-
- a child of 10 infront of a judge?
- can school teachers not deal with this issue?
- is it really the business of the NUT? (Great TLA).
- why are these idiots given air time?

Why did she annoy me so much that I missed my turn off. I really must just say to myself that these people are not real and I am just having a drug induced dream from the floride in the water and the acid in my bread!
"They call it ACIIIIIDE:) :) :) :) :)

eal401
7th Apr 2006, 17:09
So, it's OK to racially abuse a teacher if you are just 10?

frostbite
7th Apr 2006, 17:11
Erm, you negected to mention that the charge was racial harassment, or similar.

Beside that, quite agree with you.

Grainger
7th Apr 2006, 17:24
As I understand it (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/4886014.stm) the incident was more a case of kids name-calling each other in the playground, rather than abuse of a teacher.

As often happens with kids, the incident is long forgotten and the two are friends and playing together again.

Good ticking-off is all that was required. What on Earth is supposed to be achieved by taking the ten-year old to court is beyond me.

doublesix
7th Apr 2006, 18:11
This is just ridiculous. Firstly I am in no way a racist, and any MATURE or ADULT person who should know better should be prepared to face the consequences of racial abuse.
Let's look at this case. The abuser, 10 years of age. Mature, I hardly think so and he is just at the age where he can face justice in a british court. The period of abuse, July 2005 to January 2006 according to the BBC. Why hasn't it been stopped or addressed earlier? The cost of the prosecution??? And last week we were told that burglars and people who commit damage etc would not even be investigated in certain circumstances. It's about time the authorities took a step back, looked at the cases and themselves, and made sensible decisions the majority of the country would agree with.

tony draper
7th Apr 2006, 18:21
Far better as in my the little fecker were dragged shrieking to the headmasters study and given a good sound thrashing with the cane.
Never did us any harm.
Mended our ways it did, and possibly saved a few of us from the hangmans noose later in life as well.
:E

flybhx
7th Apr 2006, 18:29
Could have sworn schools were there to educate their pupils. How many times do kids just pick up on what others are saying even if they don't know what it means.

If it were a serious incident surely a word from the magistrate in juvenile court should have been enough at that age.

Gingerbread Man
7th Apr 2006, 18:36
annoy me so much that I missed my turn off

Don't mention that on the Cycling Morons thread - they'll string you up :ugh: .

Ginger ;)

judge11
7th Apr 2006, 18:40
The system needs more like 'mi learned colleague' to kick the plethora of these stupid cases out of court, 'ner to return. How much has this fiasco cost the tax/council tax payer? The NUT are continually bleating on about lack of discipline and loss of respect for the teaching profession. Their sorry state has largely been caused by the union's own left-leaning, politically correct zealots. They should be arguing a case for the reintroduction of the judicious clip around the ear. For goodness sake, get a grip!:* And the CPS needs a kick up the arse, too!

The Otter's Pocket
7th Apr 2006, 19:09
Judge you get my vote again!
Eal are you sure we are on the same case.

Without degenerating the thread. My father was outside his business yesterday when an arguement broke out between two drivers over who had the right of way.
The arguement got quite heated. A male van driver - white and a female sports car driver - black. When the woman, who was in the wrong lost the arguement she shouted that the man was being racist.
It wasn't until several passers by said that he wasn't did she roar off in her car. The van driver was very upset by this.
My father gave his details to the driver.
I suggested that he should call the Police.

This woman has degraded the whole movement for equality for women and ethnic groups.
If the driver wanted to press the point, would the Police investigate?
I would greatly appreciate your points of view. It has upset my father. I believe the Police would not investigate.

eal401
7th Apr 2006, 21:16
Eal are you sure we are on the same case.
I thought so. Had been listening to the radio shortly before seeing your post and heard story of teacher being racially abused by a pupil and the judge being very dismissive of it. OK, the age could be an issue, but these days I am less sure. Whatever, the judge appeared to have condoned the action.

Apologies if I have got the wrong end of the stick.

tilewood
7th Apr 2006, 21:51
Sticks and stones etc................!

Bahn-Jeaux
8th Apr 2006, 10:15
Just emerged that the Police offered a final caution but the lad refused so on the advice of the CPS, he was prosecuted.
Still think its way over the top tho'.

Draven
8th Apr 2006, 11:04
At last someone able to stand up.

The Judge also gets my vote :ok:

radeng
8th Apr 2006, 11:37
Me, I'm a pinky left wing liberal
So if I had my way, whoever took it to the police in the first place would get prosecuted for wasting police time. Whoever in the CPS decided to go ahead with a prosecution would get personally surcharged for the full costs of everybody, even if bankrupted them. While burglaries are not even being investigated, this is pure madness - shades of Samuel Butlers 'Eriwon' where the ill got jailed and the criminals went to hospital.
Had I children of school age (thank heavens, I haven't) I would be very unhappy about them being taught by teachers who show a frightening degree of bigotry in wanting a prosecution - it does suggest that the teachers themselves have lost the thread, as well as the ability to maintain discipline. Although I believe that they brought it on themselves by campaigning for the banning of corporal punishment....