PDA

View Full Version : Prooners Secret Sign.

Noah Zark.
7th Apr 2006, 12:36
Is there a secret sign that exists, (in a similar manner to Freemasons, so I'm told! ) so that we Prooners would instantly recognise each other upon first meeting?
If not, should we have one, and what should it be?

AerBabe
7th Apr 2006, 12:41
Vacant stare, glasses, and wrists in bandages ... from too much time spent at the computer.

Or you could look to see if they're wearing a set of PPRuNe wings.

FLCH
7th Apr 2006, 12:46
Shake their hand and say Jerricho.... everyone knows Jerricho.

Windy Militant
7th Apr 2006, 12:46
No need for secret signs it's dead easy to spot a Prooner.

Roll up to any Shady Sherbet shop populated by Comely Wenches with Lowly Morals and Negotiable Affections and they'll be the ones:-
1) With The Biggest Watches
2) Talking Loudest.
3) Who are the most Inebriated.
4) Are setting fire to the Furniture.
5) Climbing the Curtains.
6) Dancing on the Bar.

Then there's the blokes.......................... :p

The SSK
7th Apr 2006, 12:49
Maybe one could go around whistling the Angus Prune Tune?

(Showing my age).

airship
7th Apr 2006, 13:08
They're going to kill me for this but here it is...

When you initially approach someone you think is one, you should wave your hand nonchalantly like this at waist level:

http://www.activedivers.org/images/here.gif

If you get a similar wave in return, you go up to the person, and if that person presents their fist as shown below, use your index finger to penetrate it:

http://www.activedivers.org/images/airsupply.gif

At this stage, you're 99.999% confident that you've got a real PPRuNer in front of you so you can complete the whole greetings bit with:

http://www.activedivers.org/images/predepth.gif

and

http://www.activedivers.org/images/greatestdepth.gif

(the last 2 actions are repeated 3 times)...

Conan the Librarian
7th Apr 2006, 13:21
Does anyone else feel that there are simpler,more universal and some might say, more appropriate gestures using hand and wrist?

Nice one Airship :ok:

Conan

The Nr Fairy
7th Apr 2006, 13:47
Onan would know.

airship
7th Apr 2006, 13:56
Prooners who registered before 2003 might have other methods of identifying themselves, but that might just be a rumour...

http://www.activedivers.org/images/ascend.gif :O

acbus1
7th Apr 2006, 13:56
Hmm, airship. Scratching your chest, is that?

...wrists in bandages ... from too much time spent at the computer
I guess well developed wrists are a result of visiting certain other sites.

I'm only guessing, of course. :rolleyes:

AerBabe
7th Apr 2006, 13:59
Prooners who registered before 2003 might have other methods of identifying themselves, but that might just be a rumour...

It is...

:O

airship
7th Apr 2006, 14:12
Might I suggest that former Zero Club members take up the last gesture as a way of identifying our own smaller fraternity within the greater PPRuNe? Obviously this would only ever be attempted once the standard greetings were successfully completed, and the prooner in front of the Zero Club member was say 5' 5" and 52kg at most...! :8

BombayDuck
7th Apr 2006, 15:00
Simple.

When you shake the hand, say "TRAB".* If the other party understands, they should say "PSOIT".

If they dont get you, they'll think you're clearing your throat.

This is the JB Handshake.

*thats cozz its hard to pronounce "TRRBAT" but its easier to do a "PSOIT"...

G-CPTN
7th Apr 2006, 15:04
One could always cup one's hands in front of one's eyes like binoculars.
I'm sure Binos wouldn't mind being the mascot (I was going to write mastiff!) of PPRuNe.

KISS

Capt.KAOS
7th Apr 2006, 15:11
Recently caught on tape: 2 Prooners giving the secret sign to a female prooner:

http://sabailand.bizland.com/adultgif6.gif

airship
7th Apr 2006, 16:23
That's really quite biblical Capn KAOS. The waters overfloweth :} well, the glass looks wrong but if it was a (dry) Martini, James Bond would have been pleased...?!

Jerricho
7th Apr 2006, 16:30
Shake their hand and say Jerricho.... everyone knows Jerricho.

Yeah, there may be one or two countries where I wouldn't say that if I were you :ooh: ...........

Onan the Clumsy
7th Apr 2006, 16:54
What about simply tucking a copy of the Daily Mail under the left arm and turning the face an appoplectic shade of purple?

Navajo8686
7th Apr 2006, 19:28
Dont' make it so complicated!
If you think they are a PPruner then sidle up to them and whisper the code words "Did you know that if you re-arrange the letters in a sentence?" and wait for them to finish the question by replying "wnkjlhhkfekbev nllhlvhio hdhd hm ggw akkaishj wjdhdh!".
That'll confirm 100% that they're PPruners (unless you're in the middle of Birmingham in which case a supplementary question may be needed like "You're running down the road being chased by the old bill. How fast do you have to go before you can escape the earth's gravity and make a clean get away?".)
Any old answer will do I guess :uhoh:

Evening Star
7th Apr 2006, 19:40
Or you could look to see if they're wearing a set of PPRuNe wings.

Wore mine on a couple of flights. Decided that as SLF it made me look a bit of a pillock. Met no Prooners (or none who wished to identify themselves to me). Gave up. You can now spot me as the one trying not to be spotted. :suspect:

G-CPTN
7th Apr 2006, 20:23
Just ask them if they think it would take off . . .

Carry0nLuggage
7th Apr 2006, 20:35
So that was YOU going the wrong way on the moving walk-way, flapping your arms.

Evening Star
7th Apr 2006, 21:32
So that was YOU going the wrong way on the moving walk-way, flapping your arms.

You mean that is not normal behaviour?:confused:

Speedpig
7th Apr 2006, 21:33
Recently caught on tape: 2 Prooners giving the secret sign to a female prooner...... I daren't ask what the one behind is doing then!
:}

BlueWolf
8th Apr 2006, 02:20
....tell me more about the comely wenches with the lowly affections and the negotiable morals?
:p

Avtrician
8th Apr 2006, 02:21
The discussion of the secret handshake is to be vigorously discouraged. Wouldnt want anyone not entittled to find out about it.

(The dried Prune pinned to ones lapel does tend to be a give away tho:E:E:E)

sprocket
9th Apr 2006, 10:03
Rumour has it that Jerricho and Binos only found each other at their last meeting, by wearing personal transponders.

Noah Zark.
9th Apr 2006, 13:58
OoooH! Not one of them Gaydar thingies??????

Jerricho
9th Apr 2006, 14:00
Congrats Noah, you've just jumped 10 points on my list :suspect:

Solid Rust Twotter
9th Apr 2006, 14:45
Gaydar?

That would be a fruitbat thing, then...:E

ex_matelot
9th Apr 2006, 14:47
Twotters easy-he is the one in the sleeping bag at the end of platform one-Dollis hill:ok: