PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Excel in a PDA

Keygrip
7th Apr 2006, 11:42
I'm trying to "fill" a few cells with a background colour, in Excel, on my PDA.

I can't find the key sequence. Any ideas?

potkettleblack
7th Apr 2006, 12:25
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/help/pocketpc/excelmobile.mspx#cells

Apply cell borders

In an Excel Mobile workbook, select the cells you want to add a border to.
Tap Menu > Format > Cells.
On the Borders tab, do any of the following:
To add cell borders, under Border, select the Outline check box to place a line all around the outside of the selected cells or select any of the check boxes to add borders to the bottom, top, or sides of the selected cell(s).
To apply a different border line color, tap the arrow next to Borders, and tap a color on the palette.

Tip

To fill a cell or range of cells with color, tap the arrow next to Fills and tap a color on the palette.

Farmer 1
7th Apr 2006, 12:27
I find the easiest way around these things is to do it on my PC, and then synchronise with the PDA.

FJJP
7th Apr 2006, 12:51
Tap FORMAT>CELLS>FILL [choose colour] >OK

Keygrip
7th Apr 2006, 13:09
Thanks folks - problem resolved. Another lesson learned in the "don't try doing tricky stuff when your eyes can't stay open" mode.

PKB - I had sussed "Borders" and seemed to remember clicking "Fills" (which I expected to be the way), but don't recall seeing a pallette drop down (which, of course, it did this morning).

FJJP - I needed the middle bit. I don't get a "Fills" option direct from the "Format"/"Cells" clicks.

Farmer - don't know what I've done but whilst I agree with you 100%, my PDA will not synch with either the laptop or the desktop computer (which is what I specifically bought it to do).

Thanks again, folks.

Conan the Librarian
7th Apr 2006, 13:25
Keygrip, I had a miserable time initially with Sync problems. Let us know on a new thread what is going on. Might be useful for some of the other inmates too.

And now readers - Back to the delights of Excel...

Conan