PDA

View Full Version : Fleet expansion for Sunshine Express

Full Noise
7th Apr 2006, 06:16
I see another rego VH-KEX with the sunshine express name on it.
What happened to the fleet replacement program that everyone was on anout a few months ago? Is this there new fleet? and here to stay? How's there on time performance going? are the pax happy?

Does anyone know if they are looking for drivers to crew this new machine?

Are they looking at taking on more new routes?

Rumour was that REX wants to buy in, any truth in it?

Going Nowhere
7th Apr 2006, 07:03
I'd imagine that the 'new' 23 is to replace one of the III's which have been giving them some dramas. Pretty sure KDJ is there as well.

speedjet
7th Apr 2006, 09:52
Any idea which Metro it was that broke down yesterday (Thursday) afternoon in Hervey Bay.

Wife works at airport and had to stay at airport until after midnight until passengers arrived in Brisbane by bus.

One lady she spoke to, that was supposed to be on the flight was a business woman who went to HBA for the day.

Presume she was annoyed at having to return by bus. If she wanted to travel by road, she would've driven herself.

Perhaps a charter flight would've been a better option, particularly for good PR.

"Sometimes Express"

Whats the goss
7th Apr 2006, 11:56
this "big announcment" is surly over due and the crew are feed up with the wait.
Just tell them already.. Come By Chance:cool:

Best Speed
8th Apr 2006, 02:59
I herd that on thursday the whole fleet was grounded, and all for individual problems.
Looks like metros are living up to there reputation.
Seems like a common occurance at
"Sometimes Express"

bushy
8th Apr 2006, 07:10
It appears that our countiy's third rate aviation system cannot function properly unless we have new aircraft.

We need less beauracracy, more infrastructure,and resources.

We have good people, but most have lost confidence.

Whats the goss
8th Apr 2006, 23:11
ComeByChance
Don't you think it would be smarter to tell the younger pilots (the majority of crew) to stop them actively looking for work else where. They are all feed up with looking like fools (constant break downs) and been treated like one. There’s certainty not many happy faces around at the moment. :ugh:

Gravox
10th Apr 2006, 08:52
I left SOMETIMES EXPRESS almost 2 years ago! And by the sound of it nothing has changed. It once appeared to be a company with plenty of opportunities but with no real skipper at the helm.
Come by chance you seem to know a lot about the company, and seem to be protecting its integrity, why don't you do something productive and try to increase staff morale.

Full Noise,pax are never happy in Metros.
Good luck to the boys and girls at SEA

JetPack
10th Apr 2006, 09:49
Hey Gravox, I heard morale improved at Sunshine after you left and went to Air Nelson:E

The best way to improve morale would be to replace the Metro's:ok:

gas-chamber
10th Apr 2006, 11:54
With what can you replace a Metro and still make money on those routes?
After you have paid for the thing that replaces the Metro. An Islander maybe?
Or on the real busy routes maybe a Bandit? Then the pax would really bleat, especially in summer. But for sure the reliability would improve.

Led Zep
10th Apr 2006, 13:41
Maybe 1900C/D? Conquest, even?

bumpydays
11th Apr 2006, 00:25
Great to see the response this little airline gets! Gravox you did nothing but whine and whinge the whole time you were here and the nail was hit right on the head Morale did improve post your and others departures from this airline.
Maybe announcements are commercial sensitive and cannot be made at this time?
Best we can all do is put our heads down and get on with the job, sure you are going to have days that don't go your way in this business. On the whole though most things work out. The fact is that last week was a huge disappointment for us all, but its all up from here. I am sure all opportunities were looked at by the team and the best/available ones used on the day. Unfortunately, as pointed out, some of the alternative fly options were not able to be effected due to another carriers problems on that day as well.
Pilots are pilots most of us will always be looking for another opportunity its a given! We should be thankful for the opprotunities granted to us to help further our careers at no financial cost to us!!:)

Gravox
11th Apr 2006, 00:52
Morale would have improved when I left, cos I heard that RF got the ass at around the same time, Hahaha:cool:

Jetpack or is it F111/FLCH you're right replacing the metros even with those J41s you went for a ride in over here would be great for the crew. Hey now that Air Nelson is parking there Saabs up you might want to re visit those as an option. Only problem is you would have to block seats off and use it essentially as a 25 seater or there abouts. .:E

but for the record i did enjoy my time at SEA and just tried to help improve some of the conditions for myself and others there. And i follow with interest the progress of this little airline

air med
11th Apr 2006, 04:43
Is gravox the guy that now runs a restraunt ?????

Gravox
12th Apr 2006, 04:07
Nope i dont. I couldn't cook toast without burning it;)

air med
12th Apr 2006, 08:30
Ok thanks for the info, I was thinking of another guy their, that I hear gave the staff hell. I heard he got out of aviation and now owns a thai eatery.

JetPack
13th Apr 2006, 10:32
Gravox you are barking up the wrong tree. My only association with Sunshine was for two weeks back in 2004. I do however talk regularly to current and former Sunshine employees.

Full Noise
14th Apr 2006, 10:16
Bumpydays,
If that wasn't a motivational speech from a member of the management team I don't know what it was!! :ouch:
It seems to me that the only people that have any confidence in the company is the management. What do you know, that the employees’ don't?? Wouldn't it be a good idea inform the whole company so that everyone can get on with what they are been paid to do instead of worrying about there future with the company? :(

The Monst.
9th May 2006, 06:51
'AN' announcement has been made...is it the expected "BIG" one? Any thoughts, suggestions, more juicy rumours? :ok:

Bell Man
9th May 2006, 22:17
Air Med, I believe that the guy you are talking about still operates the restraunt on the Sunshine coast. I was only talking about him to someone yesterday !

air med
10th May 2006, 10:05
from what I hear of him.Most likely good that he is out of the game.
Didnt do anything constructive at any company he worked for, but moan and groan.
Thanks for the info

Bendo
10th May 2006, 14:44
RF used to be the CASA dude in our district. Without doubt one of the good guys in that 'wonderful' organisation.

Best Speed (below), thanks for info. Good to hear.

Best Speed
11th May 2006, 22:53
:D I ran into Ray the other day and he is still very much in the flying trade both international and domestic.

Now as for this big anouncment, there was one made the other day but it was far from big..... Re-locating the check-in to the check-in desk next to the jetstar check-in. And SunX got BOOTed from the sunstate/comuter apprion and will as of June 18 they will be loading from gate 26-30 along side ****** and Jet*. Now there's a good rumour ****** are joining forces with SunX. :ugh:

I herd the other day that the CP is jumping ship "again". Has a start date with big brother company Alliance. Who will be taking the place of RH?
Is his move a sign of things to see in the future. Will all crew have the oppertunity to move over to the F100?

Good luck to all

:oh:

Birds Eye View
12th May 2006, 04:51
Hi Ppruners

First post in this forum. I have been following this thread with some interest as a mate's son is interested in applying for Sunshine.

The original thread dealt with possible fleet expansion/upgrade and has since done a side step from that topic.

Just interested to know what the latest word regarding the fleet expansion/upgrade was. Is it more Metros, or new aircraft and what type?

Best Rate, interested to know more about that rumour of sunshine joining with another carrier that operates from gates 26-30 at Brisbane. When I was up there in January, there were various carriers using those gates - Alliance, ******, Qantas and there was also 2 Corporate Air Metros there. Who was your rumour pointing to?

Full Noise
15th May 2006, 00:14
Well Birds eye view,
If you mates son has a CPL and a Metro endorsement they''l take him. The company says they want 500 multi command but there a few guys in there with some where between Zero and 100 multi. So the requirments are to have a metro endorsement or be mates with the General Manager, then you'll go places and even get dispensation for a command with less than 100 multi command... :D

F111
15th May 2006, 12:42
Hey Full Noise, you should read your previous posts before you post new replies or threads.

You started this thred on the 7th of April and asked the following questions;

What happened to the fleet replacement program that everyone was on anout a few months ago? Is this there new fleet? and here to stay? How's there on time performance going? are the pax happy?

Does anyone know if they are looking for drivers to crew this new machine?

Are they looking at taking on more new routes?

Then on the 14th of April you come back with this reply;

If that wasn't a motivational speech from a member of the management team I don't know what it was!!
It seems to me that the only people that have any confidence in the company is the management. What do you know, that the employees’ don't?? Wouldn't it be a good idea inform the whole company so that everyone can get on with what they are been paid to do instead of worrying about there future with the company?

And then looking further back at your history we find these:

Hello Juliets*jet,
You too will be missed by all. Have fun and I hope the pastures are greener on the other side..

Which was posted on another thread regarding SEA, there is only a few current Metro pilots with SEA who were on the Shorts at the time and flew with Juliets*jet and post/read pprune and I’m one of them.

You seem a little confused:confused: , in one post you don’t work for the airline but in others you do.

And then there is this post re Air Nauru:

Mate it seems that it is true,
All tho the boys are hoping to get there hands on a QF 737 to get them threw untill the air line can buy back RON

So we know you talk to the SEA pilot who joined Air Nauru last year.

And then there are the following about post regarding QF recruiting;

Dose anyone know about an A330 gound school starting May for S.O's?
Or when the next lot of training will start?
Has anyone got a start date lately?

First ground schools running in july/june

Has anyone herd what recuitment is doing at the moment?
Seems that it was a bit slow in 2005.
Just saw up on the board that they have slots or intend on putting on 300 S.O's over the next 3 years..

Well fingers crossed all goes ahead

Hey guys,
Does anyone know when QF is running there next A330 or B747 ground school for new S.O's? I have herd not till around sep/oct. Is this true?
Thanks guys........

So looking at all of the above posts it took me less than 2 minutes to work out who your are and I’m sure if the GM that you are having a go at, plus his friend who is one of the guys who doesn’t have the 500 multi have a read they will work out who you are:= You are not in that jet job yet!

The GM is the one who is pushing to have the progression across to Alliance for the SEA pilots. There are not many companies that don’t charge for endorsement these days, SEA and Alliance are two companies that don’t. So it could be possible for someone to join SEA from GA, spend 2 years (current bond) with them and then move across to Alliance (get their first jet job) and not spend one cent of their own money!

No back on topic,

I’m not going to post anything that is confidential here. All I can say is a total fleet replacement is still on the cards. New routes are always a possibility.

With regard to moving from the Sunstate area, SEA were not booted, all staff were told last year QF had increased the fees to SEA by over 100% and the company would review their arrangement with QF in the new year. Well the company reviewed their arrangement and decided to move from the Sunstate area. Also with the Q400’s coming on line the number of parking bays in that area have been reduced by 3 and the company was getting sick of having the Metro’s parked on 1A etc.