PDA

View Full Version : any insight into ANA and Japan Post Express

V1AndRotate
7th Apr 2006, 05:35
Looking for info on ANA and Japan Post Express (AJV) ops with B767-300's. Have interview shortly, arranged by IAC. Maybe not the best...but I got a foot in the door!

The Bare
7th Apr 2006, 09:04
All the current AJX pilots have been offered the AJV contract.All have knocked it back because it is a lousy deal.
I have seen the IAC offer and it is in the most part not factual. I can't see there being any flexible rostering, everyone will work their 21 days on, 10 days off roster as there is going to be a great shortage of pilots for this operation (it takes 8 months to train people). You will be required to have Japan residency which will require you to pay Japanese tax on all your earnings, 30% plus, and you will be flying mostly back of the clock night freight to some of the most inhospitipal places on earth for a pittance of what it is worth, so don't worry about having a foot in the door, you might find it to be a very empty room. Just remember there has been a 100% rejection from the current pilots, and they would be on A scale, you would be looking at C scale.

The Bare
7th Apr 2006, 09:07
A word of advise V1androtate, contact a respectable agency like PARC or Hawaiian Aviation services (HACS) before you leap into this thing. IAC are not the ones you want representing you in this venture trust me

V1AndRotate
7th Apr 2006, 19:21
It would be helpful to hear from some ANA/AJX/AJV pilots on this.

I've done some nasty flying for half the pay in the past. For 150K to start it didn't seem to a bad gig.

The comment regarding IAC is not the first one. And while IAC communication isn't great, it seems on par with PARC. (excuse the pun) Have contracted with PARC before and it was tough as nails to get the final expenses paid.

It's a bit late to switch to HCAS as I contracted with IAC - an agreement letter. I'm sure they would raise h*ll with the carrier for HCAS "poaching" me.

The Bare
7th Apr 2006, 22:32
It's up to you mate, you have no idear what you are getting into here, you are welcome to PM me or just go in blindly, your choice.

jetjockey696
28th Apr 2006, 10:00
Bare plz read pm

Jobear
4th May 2006, 13:22
Just filled out the HACS app. Terms seem really good any idea how the process works first time applying for an HACS position? Narita was all I saw as a base..

Jobear

Zero"G"
11th May 2006, 21:33
Hi
I sent in an application via Hac,for the 76's freighter op's.Can anyone who is in the process of getting hired or in the loop already,give specifics regarding the roster/lines/salary on this gig?I cant find anything further than Narita based,or by Parc,saying "future US base".....Details would be much appreciated please.
You can PM me if feasable
Thank You
Take Care,Be Well,Fly Safe!
0'G

PPRuNe Towers
12th May 2006, 12:25
There's a much more useful and detailed thread running over on the South Asia and Far East forum.

Rob