PDA

View Full Version : Aero California is finished

Panama Jack
7th Apr 2006, 04:21
I hear that Mexico's La Paz-based carrier, Aero California, has had it's operating permission suspended by DGAC for not complying with safety standards. Aero California has had financial problems before this, and the start-up of new low-cost carriers can only make a successful return less probable.

My sympathy to the employees of this airline.

Bob Lenahan
7th Apr 2006, 20:38
Yes- very sad. However, regardless, they did have some problems: most all flights were substantially late, some actually cancelled. My understanding was that they used hand-written paper tickets- nothing computerized- which was the cause of the delays. Maybe true, maybe no, I don't know. Did they really have maintenance probs, or was there politics involved?
bob.

Squawk7777
7th Apr 2006, 23:54
The demise of Aerocalifornia was predicted as far back as 2003, if I am not mistaken. The runway incident in MEX didn't help either. I guess MXA and AMX are rubbing their hands together and expecting more growth in the NW part of Mexico, I guess. Sounds kinda like the regional airliners in the US stealing the flying from each other. Politics? You go figure! My sympathies to the pilots, f/as, etc.

Mis condolencias

7 7 7 7

mellowflyer
29th Apr 2006, 05:57
Actually AeroCalifornia's safety record stands on it's own merit.

The reason that it got it's license suspended is plain and simple: GREEDY, POWERFUL POLITICIANS who have decided they want to jump into the airline business and AeroCalifornia, not being a team player gets busted.

The owners of Volaris and Interjet are some of the wealthiest individuals in Mexico, one of them was named by Forbe's Magazine as the third richest man in the world.

So they start flying out of Toluca because all the slots in Mexico City are full... But no one wants to fly out of Toluca so they say: Hey let's get AeroCalifornia out of the way so we can fly out of Mexico City, we don't give a damn about the 200 pilots, 300 flight attendants, ground crews, the more than two thousand families that depend from AeroCalifornia, just find a good excuse that a naive public will believe and get rid of them!

So they come up with this grotesque idea about AeroCalifornia's being a loaded gun and pull their license.

Boy oh boy!!! Mexico hasn't changed a bit in four hundred years: It is still the ruling class that decides how things are done.

How come the FAA never had a single complaint?

AeroCalifornia flew from LAX to La Paz, Tijuana, Hermosillo, Loreto, Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta, Manzanillo, Durango and Torreon.

It is a sad day for Mexican Aviation