PDA

View Full Version : Transmile in KL

NZ X man
7th Apr 2006, 03:38
:} Does anyone have information on Transmile in KL, what they are doing at the moment, aircraft still in use, conditions, general census etc.:confused: If I spelled their name wrong, sorry about that.:eek:

Chocks Away
8th Apr 2006, 06:57
Unless things have changed since I last researched work with this mob, I would steer away from them.
Try a search on the company name on this data base. It will give you good insight. Their website should be listed there too.

Happy landings:ok:

CAT IIIB
8th Apr 2006, 06:58
Don't even 'breath' Transmile!

NZ X man
8th Apr 2006, 07:11
:}Okay so I got the rudder around it message, but any details about whats making it so bad, bad maintenance:uhoh:, bad pay:eek:, bad management:bored:, bad breath,:mad: etc:cool:

CAT IIIB
8th Apr 2006, 07:45
Well,it all depends on which perspective you are looking at it from-

If you work for Air New Zealand,flying heavy equipment and suddenly you wanna jump into Transmile,you are a bad boy!

but if what you are doing right now is flying around in a crop sprayer,then suddenly you land a job in Transmile,you are the man!!It would do your mother proud.

Cheers.

Slasher
9th Apr 2006, 04:23
I thought about Transmile a few years ago because I wanted to move out of Nam and live in Malaysia. I got this feedback from the overnighting crews:

1 Crap pay even by Malaysia standards
2 "Blame the capt" culture for anything that goes wrong - even suspension from flights and subsequant loss of income till the capt can prove his inocence during the "enquiry"!
3 Maintanance is non-existant - if it flew in itll fly out, and look out ANYONE who writes up something serius in the tech log!
4 Indian enclave/"Mason-club" (see note 2)
5 Huge $$$ up front even if rated and current on type!
6 Operates daily on the "crisis management" method.
7 A pilot contract even S.I.A. would think as being too draconian
8 No excuses for being uncontactable on a day off especialy if the flight has to be canceled from lack of crew
9 No inter-line agreements
10 Vacation approvals and crucial company support-documents for expat work-pass renewal left till last minute

WangFunk
9th Apr 2006, 05:24
Heard from someone who works with them that the Malaysian government wants to get rid of all expat pilots due to excess pilots from Malaysian Airlines. :uhoh:

NZ X man
9th Apr 2006, 08:07
:}:}To Slasher: Thats the kind of answer I was looking for, facts, straight forward, . Thank you kindly captain. Paints the picture I was looking for.

X Man:)

PIA747
9th Apr 2006, 20:48
They are currently looking for B747 Classic Captain & FOs. Where are the machines?

Capt. Barberpole
13th Apr 2006, 12:41
I think transmile may be getting 2 747 from air atlanta which are surplus to mas kargo, as they will be recieving there 2nd 400 freighter in about 30 days,I heard some of there MD11 staff are supplied from Parc Aviation, i think the pay is quite good. Fly safe

kwaiyai
14th Apr 2006, 04:19
Worth Noting that currently the DCA Malaysia are not approving foreign Pilots to work in Malaysia due 200 or so Local guys out of work unless you are Captain on type. They are no longer issueing Malaysian ATPL to foreigners too. This of course may change as the circumstances do.
Theres good and bad in everything an everwhere, I was asked to pay UK 12000 for an F27 Type rating by a shower a S*** company who then refused to give a contract of employment, Myself and 1 other managed to get out before giving these vultures any money even though we had started course. After being threatened by the CP The return threat Of BALPA soon stopped that one. TA didnt cost me anything like that plus they offered me the small sum back if any problems arose from Immigresen. You can stik that in your pipe an smoke it Chocks away.
Speaking as aformer RR Mech I have seen Better and worse:8

Mr. Green
15th Apr 2006, 03:57
None of the foreign crews was ever from PARC...TH blew them off before it even began. Some came from Rishworth but that was blew off as well. All the foreign guys now are on contract with TH. On the lookout for Classic 74s now as they just realize how difficult it was in getting the MD-11s....their latest "mission" in capturing the 4 TG MD-11s finally went sour after months of procrastinating from upstairs!

Lots been said, you be your own critic. Just check out the Eddie DeMarco thread...it's all true!

kwaiyai
17th Apr 2006, 03:00
Worthy of note that TA not the only place looking for MD an Classic Crew. Jobs being offered in Saudi for same I hear. :E

Mr. Green
19th Apr 2006, 10:47
IF and IF only they (ego-driven management or control freaks as some would say) can begin by looking at the big picture and know how to spell the word PLAN from left to right, TH would be a much better place. Our roster undergoes mutation like there's no tomorrow and the best part is our they expect you to have ESP or some special powers to know there's roster changes without operations ever informing the crew.
IF and IF only they would start by listening to inputs and the experiences that our foreign crews are providing, the operation would be so much better (and safer). IF and IF only some of the national ego-driven skippers (captains on paper only.) would know that commanding a widebody is not simply shoving the power up but respecting the limiations (of the aircraft and themselves), the operation would be much much safer (I did mentioned that before,right?). In TH, MD-11 Widebody Captains, as they like to be addressed even off duty wear more than 4 bars as they would like to think themselves. It's a timebomb waiting to explode to say the least.
Respect is given and earned, not demanded. Thought you guys at the Air Force were taught that from the beginning?

Only IF....How I love to dream :p

MAStake
19th Apr 2006, 12:00
Ho hum. Yet another thread on local bashing.
Too bad you had to end up at Transmile.

kwaiyai
21st Apr 2006, 20:03
I met an Ex Mas enroute to DXB the other day. I wonder Y:p

maverick1980
21st Apr 2006, 20:40
whats the status on the proposed 747's. are they buying or leasing from AAI.

Latif_Strikes_Back
23rd Apr 2006, 17:26

MAStake your anti white posts humor me. Justifying yourself every time someone has a dig at your fellow countryman pilots just highlights this.

Mr Green has his finger on the pulse at Transmile and is telling it as it is. He isn’t sitting behind some desk in KL wishing he passed his cadet selection or painting another model aircraft because being a pilot sounds so cool.

Instead of putting up useless and racist posts here, channel that energy into something more constructive such as changing your thought process that all whites are evil and here to take a job you don’t even qualify for yet.

I would fly with a white captain any day compared to one of my fellow country men!

kwaiyai
23rd Apr 2006, 22:13
I wont miss this BIz:8

Mr. Green
24th Apr 2006, 08:13
Very fast to pass judgement MS. Now why would a local bash a local? Colour has nothing to do with my post. Safety, ignorance, and incompetence are the main points that needs to be addressed. The safety culture is virtually non-existent...and like Latif says, I say it as I experience and see it. Why? For the sake of awareness! Will you feel comfortable being forced to take a $50MIL aircraft at night across the Pacific with 2 generators U/S? Yeah I dont think so.

So I suggest you re-read the post before jumping to your own assumptions. Some of my local comrades....NOT All. In fact, some are really good to fly with...good CRM and they respect the entire crew and limitations of the aircraft and themselves. So my hats off to these professionals!

MAStake
24th Apr 2006, 10:09
I made no mention of colour, be it yellow, white or green.

Suggest the BOTH of you have a good read and tell me where there was a mention of RACE.

kwaiyai
24th Apr 2006, 21:04
Well your previous post shows me its better to avoid the MD Mr Green and go MC instead. In life you always have a choice and if not get one.
Regards,

Latif_Strikes_Back
27th Apr 2006, 19:51

Hence the local bashing.... Oh we all want to fly for that fine airline known as MAS? Champ I have already been there and done that and I can tell you I’m glad to be out!

You want the most unorganized airline in the world; I’ll write you a reference letter!

Until then, log a few more hours on flight sim. I heard Flight Sim 2006 is going to be HUGE! Ordered your copy yet?

NZ X man
27th Apr 2006, 20:48
:cool:Hay
I wrote the original thread, and received the information I needed, it sounds like Transmile is missmanaged, end of story, and I DON'T CARE WHAT COLOR YOUR SKIN IS, stupidity is stupidity, and when it takes what could be a really neat posting and drags it down to the point where the people who work there cannot say anything positive, then it is worth a miss. I lived in Singapore for 11 years, would love to be based in KL, but not at the price of talking to myself like a lunatic about how bad my job is.

I think enough has been said, and I appreciate all points of view. Bury this horse will you, it has been kicked enough.:{

Mr. Green
28th Apr 2006, 16:54
Two weeks of massive delays in ANC and arriving crew into ANC had to wait 2 hours before they could get hotel rooms. They can get 4 MD11s but can't paid their hotel bills on time. ANC Station Mgr had to use her own credit card to get rooms for the crew. I guess mgmt will do a Kinabalu routine; jumping from hotel to hotel. How embarrassing is that? Fedex was nice enough to lend parts to us to fix our sick MDs and we managed to pissed them off in a good way.

We really got a hell of a reputation now in Alaska for the way we do business and pissing off the wrong people. Thumbs up :ok: for our NATO (No Action, Talk Only) management!! But to keep sane, we just gotta laugh about it and then laugh some more!!

:)