PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News Re Avalon

Rocket Rob
7th Apr 2006, 03:14
What happened to this thread, another woomera (big throwing stick) edit????

Woomera
7th Apr 2006, 03:51
The thread was moved to Admin. One of your colleagues decided to get somewhat emotional in his final post for a while.:suspect:

I'll return the thread if and when I decide it should come back.

Meanwhile - think carefully before clicking "Submit".

Woomera (Eastern States)

Apophis
7th Apr 2006, 06:49
are we trying to cover up whats going on.:eek:

BHMvictim
7th Apr 2006, 07:51
are we trying to cover up whats going on.:eek:

I was thinking the same thing Apophis. I honestly thought Pprune would be a great place for freedom of speech... seems not. Maybe the Woomera are ALAEA execs? :mad:

Apophis
7th Apr 2006, 08:20
alaea or qantas or a true alaea member who just loves them.

Woomera
7th Apr 2006, 10:08
You have freedom of speech provided you stick to the guidelines. Shooting off obscenities and profanities does not comply with the guidelines.

For your information Apophis and BHMvictim, this Woomera is just as disaffected by QF management as you are. Just in a different part of the business. So there's no "protection" going on, as you put it.:yuk:

2FarCanard
7th Apr 2006, 10:13
Meanwhile.........

Those of us who arrived late have no idea what the fcuk is going on in with this thread other than the above which doesn't relate to the original topic starter.

Apophis
7th Apr 2006, 10:21
well thats because they removed it don,t know why

Apophis
7th Apr 2006, 10:26
You have freedom of speech provided you stick to the guidelines. Shooting off obscenities and profanities does not comply with the guidelines.
For your information Apophis and BHMvictim, this Woomera is just as disaffected by QF management as you are. Just in a different part of the business. So there's no "protection" going on, as you put it.:yuk:
What if someone e mails the page before you remove it its still out there circulating to where you not know so why remove it.

webber1
7th Apr 2006, 11:37
So WHAT WAS the breaking news from avalon?

Buster Hyman
7th Apr 2006, 12:02
What if someone e mails the page before you remove it its still out there circulating to where you not know so why remove it.

And the distribution of same becomes THEIR responsibility. Any offense or legal implications are borne by them, not Pprune.

There's no Parliamentary privilege here.

Bumpfoh
7th Apr 2006, 12:48
Gents,

I had the opportunity of reading the offensive post that Woomera refers to and agree that the language used was inappropriate irrespective of the content.
I believe all at QF are to be effeted on some way, if not now, it will be some time in the near future. That said there is no need to lower yourself to the level of the management that we have bestowed upon us.

Guess that's why Turbo is having a holiday from PPrune.:ok:

Rocket Rob
7th Apr 2006, 13:46
Big Throwing Stick

You know sometimes the Spear/Arrow leaving a "Woomera" can actually miss it's prey and get it wrong you know!!!

And I thought long and hard before clicking Post, Webber1 maybe it went to a barby mate, he he he

the shaman
7th Apr 2006, 15:15
Woomera, Turbo did get a bit emotional which is understandable given the circumstances, and whilst you are quite within you rights to take him off line too cool down , I don't beleive others should be denied the information that was posted,, as there seems to be considerable interest why don't you repost the entire thread minus the offensive post..

Readers from Avalon are entitled to know the bigger picture , and what is at stake - particularly ones who maybe about to make large financial commitments based on their ongoing employment.

Lynx206
7th Apr 2006, 21:44
The thread was moved to Admin. One of your colleagues decided to get somewhat emotional in his final post for a while.:suspect:
I'll return the thread if and when I decide it should come back.
Meanwhile - think carefully before clicking "Submit".
Woomera (Eastern States)

Why not just delete the offending post and leave the rest of any valid comment available for others to see and respond to compliantly?

Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past. - George Orwell

webber1
8th Apr 2006, 11:22
At the risk of sounding boring, WHAT IS THE BREAKING NEWS from Avalon.

Rocket Rob
8th Apr 2006, 14:01
Webber1

If we bloo*y new we would say so, thats why the post was on by another and we all want to see what "The Breaking News Was" but the big stick will not tell or allow the post as someone got offensive and he has taken his bat and ball and will not play (ps. took some consideration as I pushed the post button)

Just had a thought, ( I know it's hard) perhaps the Qantas people at Avalon do not agree with the Forstaff view and will take action.

planemad2
8th Apr 2006, 21:09
Where is Avalon? :confused:

Why does it take so long to get breaking news from there? :confused:

Four Seven Eleven
8th Apr 2006, 22:19
Where is Avalon?
Why does it take so long to get breaking news from there?
Perhaps this will help:
Avalon (ăv′ əlŏn), in Celtic mythology, the blissful otherworld of the dead. In medieval romance it was the island to which the mortally wounded King Arthur was taken, and from which it was expected he would someday return. Avalon is often identified with Glastonbury in Somerset, England.
That may explain why it takes so long.
A new slogan perhaps: ”Jetstar flies daily to the blissful otherworld of the dead!” :D :D :E

Woomera
8th Apr 2006, 23:19
The thread (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=220956) is back, minus the offensive posts.

Sunny Woomera

Rocket Rob
9th Apr 2006, 03:33
Ah thank you big throwing stick, good move.

Anyone that's interested the post is back but no real answer as yet,under "Major announcement at Avalon".

planemad2
9th Apr 2006, 04:42
Seems nothing much ever happens at Avalon.

NO news or major announcements. ;)