PDA

View Full Version : Age By Chocolate

tart1
6th Apr 2006, 22:10
YOUR AGE BY CHOCOLATE

1. First of all, pick the number of times a week (or a day) that you would like to have chocolate (more than once but less than 10)

2. Multiply this number by 2

3. Add 5

4. Multiply it by 50

5. If you have already had your birthday this year add 1756 ....
If you haven't, add 1755.

6. Now subtract the four digit year that you were born.
You should have a three digit number

The first digit of this was the number of times you really want to eat chocolate (i.e. how many times you want to have chocolate each week).

The next two numbers are YOUR AGE!

THIS IS THE ONLY YEAR (2006) IT WILL EVER WORK, SO SPREAD IT AROUND WHILE IT LASTS.

I have always been a mathematical dunce so I don't know how this works...........I know it's the classic 'think of a number and double it' trick but I don't understand it. :confused:

Grainger
6th Apr 2006, 22:36
2. Multiply this number by 2
..and ..
4. Multiply it by 50

Simply multiplies your single-digit "chocolate" answer by 100, thus making it the 100's digit in the final answer.

3. Add 5
..and..
4. Multiply it by 50
..gives you 250

5. add 1756 makes it up to 2006

...so not surprising that you get your age when you subtract the year you were born from 2006 (or 2005 if you haven't had your birthday yet).

Stuffs up if you're over 100 though. :p

errr... presumably I now qualify for some kind of "smart-ass" award. :8

Whirlygig
6th Apr 2006, 22:39
I've heard this formula works for beer as well :O

Anyway, trust you Grainger to beat me to it :ok:

Cheers

Mister Maths!

G-CPTN
6th Apr 2006, 22:45
Actually EATING (70% Fairtrade) Chocolate as I started to read this. MUCH better than Maths!

sixmilehighclub
6th Apr 2006, 22:55
I can't be arsed with the maths either.

I like Kinder. This makes me 5 years old.

:D

Whirlygig
6th Apr 2006, 23:01
I know we're not allowed to advertise but can I just a word in favour of Caley's ChocoLo Hot Chocolate?

40 calories (although with the quantities I use probably more!), Instant (none of yer faffing around with boiling milk) and FairTrade PLUS it's a Norwich based company!

But bizarrely, I don't particularly like chocolate - I find the texture too cloying.

Much preferred it when the formula worked for beers/day though!

Cheers

Whirls

Blacksheep
7th Apr 2006, 02:08
Interestingly, it even works with the number oif times you thought about sex in the last two hours. That also stuffs up if you're over a hundred. :}

acbus1
7th Apr 2006, 06:34
Interestingly, it even works with the number oif times you thought about sex in the last two hours.
Well that didn't get beyond the first line.......

pick the number of times.......(more than once but less than 10)

:rolleyes:

AerBabe
7th Apr 2006, 07:51
Green and Blacks organic hot chocolate... Comes in a huge glass jar and you just add to warm milk. Or eat it with a spoon. It's not powdered, but little granules, which makes this easier.