ultimatepro63
6th Apr 2006, 18:31
Hi,

If you are going to the Fly London Airshow, Post saying "I am"

The dates are from 21st to 23rd April

jay_hl
6th Apr 2006, 18:35
I am

I am typing this so that my mesage isnt to short as "I am" is!!

colmac747
6th Apr 2006, 18:36
I amn't :p

;)

markflyer6580
6th Apr 2006, 19:01
I am

Me too :ok:

AerBabe
6th Apr 2006, 19:46
I'm going on the Saturday.

Willows
6th Apr 2006, 19:54
I went to the last one and to be honest, I found it very boring. There are better things to do in London than crawl out to Earls court looking at aircraft indoors.

Sorry, bad mood. It's great. Well worth the visit. :hmm:

aged
6th Apr 2006, 21:58
I thought about going, maybe on the Friday as I thought it might be less busy. It is called Preview day - does it make much difference (apart from being 5 quid more)?

As long as there's a pub nearby to escape to afterwards

ultimatepro63
6th Apr 2006, 23:14
I'm going on the Saturday.

Same here...............

Whirlygig
6th Apr 2006, 23:31
I went the last two years as I didn't live too far from Lon'on but, now that I do live too far, sorry, won't be there!

The traditional thing though (and two years running makes a tradition as far as I am concerned) is to meet at the Breitling Bar at midday.

It's not a bad day out and yes, there are plenty of pubs nearby. I remember a crowd of us went to one afterwards but I'll be booga'd if I can remember which!

Have fun there guys and gals - there's enough to see to keep you occupied but once you've got into a crowd of Ppruners .......

Cheers

Whirls

acbus1
7th Apr 2006, 07:03
I am't going.

As I said on the other thread before it disappeared (probably moderated for spelling and punctuation), there's a nip in the air at the moment.

Then there's the lack of Red Bull air racing, but let's not get involved in race issues or Bull.

;)

Beagle-eye
7th Apr 2006, 07:08
I'm going Friday.

Iwould'nt normally trek to central London to see it but it is business so why not ....

AerBabe
7th Apr 2006, 07:53
Whirls - I don't remember seeing you there last year. I probably ended up going on the wrong day. :rolleyes:

Another tradition is to go for drinks/dinner afterwards. And my personal tradition is not paying for tickets, but managing to get them free somehow.

ultimatepro63
7th Apr 2006, 08:13
I am't going.
As I said on the other thread before it disappeared (probably moderated for spelling and punctuation), there's a nip in the air at the moment.
Then there's the lack of Red Bull air racing, but let's not get involved in race issues or Bull.
;)

I deleted it !

tall and tasty
9th Apr 2006, 11:34
I'm am on the Sat with the little ones as I missed it last year cos of reasons beyond my control!

TnT.

Ps But may be able to get there for trade day if the Company is nice to new recruit :p

Whirlygig
9th Apr 2006, 11:38
AerBabe,

I went on the Sunday courtesy of Whirlybird! Honest Gov!

Cheers

Whirls

Leezyjet
19th Apr 2006, 15:17
I'm thinkign of popping up on Friday for the preview day as I'm working Sat and Sun.

:\

Leezyjet
21st Apr 2006, 20:45
Just got back.

What a waste of 20. Luckily Mrs L/J and I were standing in the queue for tickets when some bloke came over and offered 2 tickets for 20, so we snapped his hand off. I'd have been even more annoyed had I spent 40 on this shambolic excuse for an "airshow".

I wasn't expecting a flying display obviously, but watching a room full of flight simmers on FS2004 is not worth 5 never mind 20

:*

BIGBAD
21st Apr 2006, 21:04
Just got back from a long train ride to london and all I can say is what a waste of time and money !!!

It was crap - lots of flight simulators and they're all microsoft fs2004 - dont waste your time :yuk: :yuk:

Flying_Anorak
21st Apr 2006, 22:26
Well I'm there 'working' on the British Gliding Association stand for the duration, so if any Ppruners do go, please stop by and say hello!

Gotta say though that I dont think its worth the admission fee. One or two interesting bits (lovely Huey!) and lots of ways to spend money. Wonder how Joe Public & kids will rate it tomorrow & Sun?

AnEviltwinEr
21st Apr 2006, 22:53
Could anyone who is there give a little summary of what's happend for each day, (and not), like something interesting?

very good :)

niknak
21st Apr 2006, 23:52
I'll be there tomorrow, mostly for Niknak Junior, who for some reason beyond me wants to be a commercial pilot or aeronautical engineer, or both...

1st time for both of us, I'll let you know.