PDA

View Full Version : Ardmore or IAANZ???

captwannabe
6th Apr 2006, 17:06
Which is a better flight school, Ardmore Flying School or International Aviation Academy of New Zealand (Canterbury Aero Club)? Any other flight schools that you would recommend for CPL multi IR?

captwannabe
6th Apr 2006, 19:16
Really need some advice/opinions here! :confused:

zulu_kilo
6th Apr 2006, 19:32
I think if you use the search function you will find all the info your after.....

Cloud Cutter
6th Apr 2006, 20:28
I think you'll find both are good schools. Graduates from both are well represented in airlines in fairly equal numbers. Where ever you go, choose your instructor carefully (don't just take the first cab off the rank). At AFS, a good way to do it would be to do the full time theory course first, which gives you a chance to get to know different instructors in the classroom. You can then pick one to fly with.

Hope that helps. Good luck:ok:

27/09
7th Apr 2006, 03:50
captwannabe

Have you checked your PM's

mattyj
8th Apr 2006, 00:57
Since you're from Ireland and probably ineligable for a student loan (I could be wrong about that) then your best bet would be to walk into the lobby of all the flying schools and aeroclubs and wait to see how long before a friendly staff member comes to help you. Then ask if you can wander around and "look at the facilities". While you do, listen to the instructors bitching and moaning to judge how the staff morale is.

jafa in da hood
8th Apr 2006, 01:27
Unless you are taking out a student loan, it may be better to consider an aero club over a 'pilot factory'.
Having learnt to fly at both a flying school and an aero club, i found the aero club far more professional and more interested in my needs.

Jafa

FL440
9th Apr 2006, 04:53
I agree with Cloud Clutter, given that the sylabus is stated now, your going to learn the same sylabus, but who your instructor is will make a big difference!

also look at opportunities afterwards, its not just about getting your CPL its about what your going to do once you have got it!

hope that helps :ok: