PDA

View Full Version : aerospace aviation byron bay

Geeham
6th Apr 2006, 10:53
Has anyone here had any experiences with this place in terms of ppl/cpl training?

multi_engined
7th Apr 2006, 07:17
Geeham,

I am currently studying for my PPL/CPL at aerospace aviation, Although at Bankstown and not Byron bay? I didn't even know they had a setup at byron? I thought it was up at Coffs

As far as it goes at YSBK they have a good theory setup, with good teachers... Although they have quite poor organisation. I have been studying there for almost three months and still have not received an in-voice for how much I currently owe the school, although I know how much because I got everything down on paper before I started.

Getting the hours up is another story, they are currently very busy at the moment with overseas students and it is taking forever to get the nav's done for PPL :(

Anything else you want to know, you can PM me

Regards,
ME

Aerodynamisist
7th Apr 2006, 07:40
Byron hasn't even got an airport, (maybe you don't need one to fly at byron :D ) there is a strip at tyagra (10 k's north of byron) used by the skydivers and local ultralights. I haven't been into Balina lately so I don't know whats there. I was in Coffs a few weeks ago and noticed the former NAVAIR / CAS base is now called Professional Pilot Training or "PPT" and is still training pilots for Air New Guinea.

assymetric
9th Apr 2006, 07:41
So Bob is back with PPT. G'Day BoB.

Hugh Jarse
9th Apr 2006, 20:13
Byron Bay+Ballina = "Ballina-Byron Gateway":}

Although they have quite poor organisation. I have been studying there for almost three months and still have not received an in-voice for how much I currently owe the school, although I know how much because I got everything down on paper before I started.

So nothing has changed in 15 years:E

multi_engined
10th Apr 2006, 10:55
So nothing has changed in 15 years:E

It is suppose to be a professional pilot training organisation...

meatbomb
1st Jun 2006, 09:30
It is suppose to be a professional pilot training organisation...
Couldn't be Tyagarah then :mad:

Hugh Jarse
1st Jun 2006, 09:38
Meatbomb,

I think multi means the organisation, as opposed to the airport:E

Get out while you still can, multi :ok:

WannaBeBiggles
1st Jun 2006, 21:39
I did some flying with them in Coffs while they where still known by another name.

I have to agree with the organisational skills, but they have some very experienced theory instructors and generaly are a nice bunch of people.

I believe they still have the Air Nugnei and Air China contracts...

Does the owner still fly around in his Citation?