PDA

View Full Version : airatlanta

robson767300
6th Apr 2006, 10:21
Hi folks,

Does anybody have some information about airatlanta,I need any kind of inf.

Thank´s a lot.:eek:

Atlanta-Driver
8th Apr 2006, 22:53
www.airatlanta.com to start with.

Hiring: Not at the moment. Laid off bunch of people since last October, from B737, B757/B767 fleets as well as B747 and B744's. Some recalls but probably not in any significant numbers prior to May. Hiring new people, probably not for a while.

Salaries are now competitive but work schedule and time off as well as rostering and crew basings leave a lot to desire for. Some bases you can expect to fly 90h or so a month and some 20h with 180h of duty all depending on the contract you are on. I have averaged a good 75h a month. This is also the limit for overtime. No monthly guarantees nor do you get paid if you go home on a vacation. There is no retirement or pension at the moment for contractors.

Big fleet renewal process ongoing with B737's about gone, or that was the plan, it does changese all the time. B757/B767's gone to Excel in UK that is wholly owned by the Avion group that also owns AAI. 8 B777's on order for various cargo contracts as well as more B747-400's to replace "Classic" fleet. More A300's in the way in the next year or so.

Worldwide contracts with bases at the moment in Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, Dubai, Frankfurt, Luxembourg, Madrid, Manchester and Gatwick. New bases to open up in June for some longer term contracts in Africa and Middle-East.

Hope this helps

rduarte
1st May 2006, 10:13
I would like to know the salary, and the ambiance a the airlines.
Thanks.

Atlanta-Driver
3rd May 2006, 01:38
F/O average about 7200 USD a month
Captain about 9500 USD.

Salary is totally dependent on how much you work as it is paid as a daily rate.

There are some current issues with rostering/basings and rumours regarding Atlas that bring some uncertainty. Also the furlough of around 80 people in February came as a surprise. As a result there has been a lot of interest in other jobs mainly with the younger fellows, so you should see some hiring towards the end of the year due to people leaving.

As with any company AAI has been a good good place to work, but as with anything it is not perfect.