PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: JETSTAR FLIGHT CREW/MANAGEMENT

boeingwest
6th Apr 2006, 01:55
Hi folks,

just wanting to see if anyone has heard the fate of the newly re-registered 6 x 717's you lot have? I know a few are offline now and are operational spares, and a few are still flying, but where are they going?

I did hear a few months back they were destined for Hong Kong for a new startup low cost carrier and JQ Australia was to supply the initial aircraft and tech crew for this (same as Nat Jet does for QF), but I suspect this is bull:mad:. There are a few boys at Nat Jet that were so impressed by the JQ operation during their line training that they put in applications, and were hoping to get hired and take their endorsement to honkers for a year (the so called length of the 'mystery contract') and then come home to oz and get a free bus endorsement. HA! All those years on the 146... fumes have taken their toll. Me, well if they had direct entry command, then maybe then they would get my application... Anyway cheers! :ok:

ITCZ
6th Apr 2006, 06:07
We're not telling :p

boeingwest
6th Apr 2006, 06:43
ITCZ dream on buddy if you think they're going from the star to the joke! :}

Capt Claret
6th Apr 2006, 06:57
That's what the pilgrims said to John Wayne when he set out to conquer the West. :E

dodgybrothers
6th Apr 2006, 07:38
The story doing the rounds of the rat HQ is that the 6 717s are to go to a new startup called 'extractabuck'. Apparently it is a low cost outfit set up with wages and conditions just a fraction of the cost of jetstar to be based in the lucrative business mecca known as Shepparton. Initially tech crew will be sourced from Bombay until a more cost effective solution can be found.

Toluene Diisocyanate
6th Apr 2006, 09:20
Not as strange as it seems Dodgy. That must be where Fat B@stard from Easterns is going. Off to NJS something at QCC.:yuk:
Get the vaseline ready Capt Claret. He's a shocker. But he is into space travel:8

ITCZ
6th Apr 2006, 10:49
Bwest, I know something that you dont. ;)

I say again... :p

boeingwest
6th Apr 2006, 11:43
Bwest, I know something that you dont. ;)

And what would that be ITCZ? OK I'll guess, they're gonna tatoo you mustard yellow and name you the nat jet pufffffection pilot? :confused:

hoss
7th Apr 2006, 07:15
This was brought up last week on another thread, seems Qantaslink will redeploy the 717 on east coast.

Haven't you heard about the impending 'BIG announcement' for Qantaslink:rolleyes: .

;)

boeingwest
7th Apr 2006, 07:41
Hi hoss could you provide a link to this thread??? And who will operate them? Cheers! BW