PDA

View Full Version : Tivat (TIV) in Serbia

PAXboy
6th Apr 2006, 01:38
I doubt that there are any direct services to Tivat from the South East of England but if anyone knows ... they probably read this forum! I have searched for carriers and found some references but many web links are confusing and I have been unable to find even indirect routing.

Alternatively, cheaper routings to Dubrovnik!!! It looks as if they have it all sewn up so that cheaper carriers cannot get in there.

Cheers.

LTNman
6th Apr 2006, 08:34
Quote from the Jat Airways website "Jat will fly the route Zurich – Nis – Zurich two times per week, and once a week on the Tivat – London – Tivat route"

They flew Tivat-London every Saturday in 2005

VHF FLYER
6th Apr 2006, 20:37
PAXBOY

Careful now - Tivat is firmly in Montenegro not Serbia - could get yourself in trouble on arrival;)
I've been to Tivat - only two highly infrequent operators JAT and Montenegro Airlines. Really not worth bothering with. Much better to fly to Dubrovnik just up the coast and hire a car. A truly beautiful car journey - magnificent scenery.

Wycombe
6th Apr 2006, 21:59
Indeed so, you may think you are in Norway rather than the Adriatic.

PAXboy
6th Apr 2006, 22:47
Thanks for info supplied. I am enquiring on behalf of a friend who has been invited to Dubrovnik by family but the fares to it are sky high and so we were looking at alternatives and then a bus to Dubrovnik. Split is very cheap but a 12 hour bus journey and I suspect that Tivat, whilst closer, has it's own problems - such as a border! I reckon that Dubrovnik fares are high because they know that the options are not simple!

7th Apr 2006, 08:05
Consider flying to Split and hiring a car if there are a number of them going. It's a number of years since I did it, but I'd reckon on around 3-4 hours driving.

Alternatively, they could fly to Split and go down by boat. It won't be any slower than that bus journey, but they'd get a mini cruise through some spectacular scenery. I believe Jadrolinija operate the ferries.