View Full Version : Height Requirement

melissah
5th Apr 2006, 23:59
Hi

Im looking to getting into the flight industry as a flight attendant. I have a height of 158cm i see that most Australian airlines (as i am in Tasmania, Australia) have a minimum height requirement of 163cm.

Should i not even bother applying with them?

I see many worldwide airlines are mainly 152cm that i would be fine to apply for.

Melissah

DJTibby
6th Apr 2006, 01:21
hi, I know that Jetstar and Qantas do take the height seriously and I know of someone who didn't get in because they were 1cm shorter than the minimum! however if worldwide airlines allow your height why not apply to them instead? 5cm might be pushing it a bit:uhoh: no harm trying though!:ok:

OzzieO
6th Apr 2006, 07:48
Whats 5cm in inches?......I have an idea that might help you.

wirgin blew
6th Apr 2006, 09:18
Dont believe that Virgin have a height requirement, just a can you reach things assement during training. I would check with them first just in case.
The only problem would be that you would have to relocate to Melbourne if successful.
Good Luck

filipehm
6th Apr 2006, 17:25
i do know that most british airlines have a lower height requirement, i.e. usually 1.575m (approx. 5'2), so they usually either ask for a minimum of 1.57m or 1.58m.

melissah
6th Apr 2006, 23:14
Hey

Its 5 cm is about 2 inches?

OzzieO
7th Apr 2006, 08:26
I have worked with some girls who have fallen short of the required height minimum requirement so they have done the old trick of wearing their head up in a bun and put something into the bun to give them some added height for when they are measured.

Flying Frypan
7th Apr 2006, 10:18
Try some of the Regional airlines, they have smaller aircraft therefore some heights are reduced. As said before, Virgin Blue do not have height limitations.
Best of luck!

OZcabincrew
7th Apr 2006, 10:58
OzzieO,

when height was measured at my interviews everyone had the measuring thing pushed flat against the top of their head, so the hair thing made no difference. Unfortunately they're not that gullable, haha.

Oz

OzzieO
7th Apr 2006, 11:00
Dam sorry to hear that! I do know of a couple of girls who have got in to BA by doing that but I guess 2 inches would be pushing it a bit!

Good luck xx

rebecca82
9th Apr 2006, 00:40
Hay,

I have been accepted as crew with BA and was measured at ny interview as being 5' 2" however I also went for an interview with Virgin and they measured me as 5' 1 1/2" so I didn't go any further. I was a bit gutted at the time as Virgin was my first choice but what can you do? I always knew I was borderline height wise and am just glad BA reckon I'm tall enough!!

My advice?? Don't go for a job where you don't make the height limits, its not worth the time and effort cos they won't budge, just go for airlines that you reach the minimums for.

Good Luck!!

SkySista
9th Apr 2006, 04:16
Yep a lot of regionals have a lower height requirement, e.g. Eastern, Skywest, possibly NJS....

Emirates go by arm reach, if you can reach 212cm with no shoes then you're fine. I know a girl who was on the shorter side for Qf etc, but got in with EK because her arm reach was fine.

Wrt to Virgin having no ht req (assume talking Virgin Blue here?) on their application form it does ask that you meet a minimum height... so why then???