PDA

View Full Version : Maximum Age Raised at Saudia

jumbocpt
5th Apr 2006, 22:18
Word around the office today is that all forms and documents are signed to allow the main line pilots with Saudia to fly until the age of 65. I dont know whether to smile or cry. But at least I can stay busy a little while longer.

bafanguy
5th Apr 2006, 22:46
What !!! No 58.3 any more ???

filejw
5th Apr 2006, 22:48
:D Any chance they will change the age for applicants from 53/55.

NZ X man
5th Apr 2006, 22:59
:}Can anyone confirm that as a "non rumor"?

bafanguy
6th Apr 2006, 00:18
mutt, can you comment on this ?

jumbocpt
6th Apr 2006, 04:31
It's not a rumor. A 400 captain that is 60 in a few weeks was given the go ahead to bid a p/c line next month. His new contract was being prepared to stay for 5 years. PCA/Berenji signed it yesterday.
Sounds like a 'done deal' to me

Desert Diner
6th Apr 2006, 06:56
Araound last November, the "official rumours" were that KSA was not going to renew any igamas (residence/work permit) for expats over 60:uhoh:

Interesting:ooh:

jumbocpt
6th Apr 2006, 08:30
Good for him....... It will be interesting to see where he gets to operate to as its expensive to re-route a JFK flight to avoid France.
His new contract was being prepared to stay for 5 years Now this part i find extremely strange :)

Mutt.

I understand! Capt. Melianie, Corp Safety told me last night, that he was in on the meeting yesterday when it was signed. Have fun doing Jed - Ruh - Jed. I told him to keep an exit visa in his passport. You dont want to die here without one. Really hard to get shipped home in a box

jumbocpt
6th Apr 2006, 08:34
Araound last November, the "official rumours" were that KSA was not going to renew any igamas (residence/work permit) for expats over 60:uhoh:
Interesting:ooh:

On a G- 2 flight shortly after that article appeared, the expat Captain as his passenger, Dr. Al-Gosaibi about that same thing. He was told that it wasnt going to apply to technical positions.
That Captain is still here and is 62

bafanguy
6th Apr 2006, 19:01
Since there doesn't seem to be a clear concensus from the insiders on the age issue, would one of you gents be so kind as to let us know here if/when the age limit is official policy ?

It'll likely be a while before such information makes it to the website. Thanks.

Earl
6th Apr 2006, 19:10
Quote: Mutt
Good for him....... It will be interesting to see where he gets to operate to as its expensive to re-route a JFK flight to avoid France.

Wont be able to operate into the USA either!
Still sixty as I remember.
I think most countries hold to the sixty rule.
Heard it may change but I doubt soon.

bafanguy
6th Apr 2006, 20:13
mutt,

Thanks....appreciate it...

Desert Diner
7th Apr 2006, 07:02
Bafanguy,

Out here there is a big difference between making rules and regulations and actually implementing/enforcing them :bored:

bafanguy
7th Apr 2006, 13:13
Bafanguy,
Out here there is a big difference between making rules and regulations and actually implementing/enforcing them :bored:

Desert,

I figured something like would take a while to implement. I thought I'd wait until it's published on the website before starting the pencil dance with the paperwork.

Might all be pretty "academic" for me anyway...

Desert Diner
7th Apr 2006, 14:18
I's more like some regulations are simply ignored.

Unfortunately, the regulation can be implemented over night sometime in future.

jumbocpt
8th Apr 2006, 18:28
I's more like some regulations are simply ignored.
Unfortunately, the regulation can be implemented over night sometime in future.

I wondered about this! Did this soon to be 60 Captain with 30+ years with Saudia consider the chance of loosing the amount of his final check to stay and fly Jed Ruh Jed. For the airline, they really get a great deal. Here's an employee at maximum contractor pay, no more raises and will want to stay and fly for 5 more years doing eastbounds only. Wow! If I was a Chief Pilot, I would sign him up at once.
He was here when the GOSI pension was lost by the stroke of a pen. I wonder is he will be "awash with the same joy" if his contract money is depleated...some food for thought

Jumbocpt
:confused:

jumbocpt
10th Apr 2006, 01:42
Interesting choice…. Walk away now with 28 months salary or stay and possibly earn 60 months salary ……………
Anyway, at least he can look forward to visiting Japan :)
Mutt

Wow! Mutt! You are really up todate about Japan. I heard it from the Phils country mgr yesterday in MNL. The service to Osaka will begin mid September with service via Manila. That was a bit of a surprise since those flights are now standing room only. No empty seats going (all classes) and only one open on the return.
The pairing plan is to use the MNL base f/a's to do the roundtrip to Japan. The cockpit will be used from a extended layover in MNL. The plan shows less than 8 hours roundtrip, so they'll try to push it for a single crew, at least in the cabin.
If I was a paying pax, the ideal way to fly from Osaka would be CX via HKG to RUH or Dubai, not via MNL with the OFW's flying to the Kingdom seeking their dream.

PIA747
10th Apr 2006, 06:09
So will they be able to recruit a 58 year old 747C captain now?

jumbocpt
15th Apr 2006, 00:53
The original statement that started this thread is premature. The fat lady will hopefully sing, but it hasnt happened yet. The maximum age remains at 60.
Mutt
The age limit , as I was told, today will be in a two tier level. 65 Hegira and 63 Gregorian. This is more logical, considering the venue

Good Luck

TAT-40
15th Apr 2006, 03:43
is it the same 4 femail pilots:{

jumbocpt
15th Apr 2006, 08:06
The Saudi labor law permits people to work until 65H/63G. Airline DG can therefore permit pilots to work to this limit as happens in special flight. The airline can then request approval for the person to work from 63G to the ICAO limit of 65G.
However, all of this requires GACA approval to operate a FAR121 aircraft. This approval is pending !
It will be interested to see what happens to Capt DM on the 3rd May.
Mutt
Capt "DM" mentioned they just wanted to stay and fly for fun....
I began compiling a long list of where in this world I might wish to go for fun. So far, saudia city with aluminum foiled windows has not appeared on my list, neither has the conditions my wife has to endure here in the kingdom of humanity. We'll see. Presently, his last working day in the KMSK system is in about 10 days.

Earl
15th Apr 2006, 12:50
I hope he is allowed to continue.
If not I wont have to fight the out processing mafia alone.
One of the most difficult tasks of leaving here.
Two out processing checklists are given and no one comes to work to sign any of them.
Massive sick call I guess.
Famous last words "he may be here tomorrow Inchalla".
They dont realize some of us have other jobs to go to and by certain dates.
Final departure dates in the contract means nothing to them.
The last few guys that have left were always 3-5 days late due to saudia paperwork problems.
This was also at no pay and through no fault of thier own.
As far as wives go mine returned from IST to JED last week VIA Medina transit and was detained and her passports taken from her.
They make transit passengers deplane and clear immigration then return to the same aircraft as it becomes a domestic flight to Jed.
Some Saudi immigration guy in Medina screeming that my wife was not allowed there in very bad broken english without her husband.
She told them my husband is waiting on me in JED, the brainless imigration individual would not listen.
I finally got her here to JED and immigration apoligised many times for what happened.
This place never was fun but tolerable, now its sinking fast..

411A
24th Apr 2006, 05:34
Not if one of the older Captains has dry tanks after diverting to Philly....:\

jumbocpt
26th Apr 2006, 12:43
You have been around here some years. That "older captain" by the way left Saudia when he was 50 as he promised, joined Korean and retired from there. Due to cancer, he passed away in December.

Captain DM was at the office today after lunch. Looks like PCA will not have everything signed that is needed for a few more months; so he will fly only domestic flights on his PCA license, until such time that all the docs and new contract is made available. All of his friends just shake their heads and wonder. Guess that they don't have water rationing in his part of the world when he retires, or gas bottles to contend with; or Yemeni gardners, and the 'tunes just keep coming'..to enhance the list of 'why i wanted to stay in Saudia' to share with my grandchildren. Get a life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

411A
26th Apr 2006, 15:24
Indeed, mutt, the reference was to Berenji...quite a long time ago.:hmm:

Okie
29th May 2006, 11:07
Any further information on the change of maximum age by the PCA?