PDA

View Full Version : Difference in level ATPL in Europe

kipo
5th Apr 2006, 21:08
Hello a whole a question has know if the level of ATPL theorical is the same one in all the European countries, It is appeared that in France the level is higher than in Spain in Belgium that is it true???

sam34
5th Apr 2006, 21:30
Hello!

I'm french and studying atpl theory in france.
What I know is the atpl theory course lasts 12 month in France and 6 month in Belgium, spain... I don't really know the reason...and I wonder how the people in theses countries do that ! 6 month! it is very short!

anyway, I have looked a book of Oxford, and jeppesen, and I can say that we are more mathematics to learn! but sometimes it's very dificult and not necessary.

captwannabe
6th Apr 2006, 16:42
Where are you training in France?

LeFreak
7th Apr 2006, 10:37
i did my ATPL at a belgian school, we got a little more than 750 hours of groundschool which covered a whole lot more than just the bare minimums as laid out by JAR-FCL .. took about 13 months of groundschool (on average about 3 days a week), then we had to take schoolexams (which were a whole lot more difficult than the official belgian caa exams) and then we took the official exams .. this was in an integrated course, using manuals written by the instructors themselves.

so as to say the level of difficulty changes from country to country, i'd say the extent of material covered differs from school to school .. the questions i've had on the belgian exams are similar to those in f.e. the bristol questionbank, so i assume the exams are the same for all JAR countries.

sam34
7th Apr 2006, 16:35
Where are you training in France?

www.esma.fr

captwannabe
7th Apr 2006, 16:50
What is it like to train at ESMA? Do they help their graduates find employment after training? How much does the training cost?

Lalala
7th Apr 2006, 17:51
I did my ATPL theries in Spain, we had 4 hours a day 5 days a week, for 18 months.

David_Lid Air
8th Apr 2006, 09:09
I did my ATPL theory in Sweden.. We had lessons 8hrs a day (sometimes longer) 5 days a week for 6 months

sam34
8th Apr 2006, 17:29
No esma doesn't help you to find a job, as all the schools in France :(

Theorie in France 6 hours a day during 12 months. But in french :(

Whopity
9th Apr 2006, 13:51
The exams all come from the same question bank wherever you do it in Europe. Some countries (UK) filter out the poor quality and badly written questions that are contained in that data base, some don't.