PDA

View Full Version : Everyclick.com

joe2812
5th Apr 2006, 11:00
http://www.everyclick.com

What an excellent idea, Not sure how effective is it as a search engine compared to say, Yahoo and Google, but still, if it works!

Anybody been using it already?

Cameronian
8th Apr 2006, 15:38
It seems to work pretty well and has an facility a little akin to that offered by Clusty (www.clusty.com) whereby one can subselect a group form within the mass of pages found which can save a lot of time. They appear, unlike some of the biggest names, to choose not to sell one's details to their commercial sponsors so there should be less spam coming as a consequence of using them.
I'll certainly be giving them a try, in support of Mary's Meals which aims to get kids into schools by providing free school meals in the most deprived areas of the world.
Well spotted!

green granite
8th Apr 2006, 15:51
I'll certainly be giving them a try, in support of Mary's Meals which aims to get kids into schools by providing free school meals in the most deprived areas of the world.

You mean like the uk?

ExSimGuy
8th Apr 2006, 19:51
Tried a few "test searches", seem to work pretty well. I think I'll keep using it for a while and see how it goes.

(Unlike the "big boys", you don't get the first 3 hits being "Find books on ???? at Amazon", "Get the best prices on ???? at Best Buy.com", etc - especially when ???? was part of a parenthesied string :mad: - I can understand "sponsor results" as a way of funding search engines but tactics like that mean that I usually ignore "sponsor results" completely - unless I'm actually looking for a book!)

G-CPTN
8th Apr 2006, 20:27
Not tried this yet (or even heard about it before), but I've noticed that, however unusual the item entered, there's ALWAYS one being offered on Ebay!