PDA

View Full Version : The Prisoner

Rainboe
5th Apr 2006, 10:43
I have spent the last 38 years trying to work out the plot of 'The Prisoner'. People officially 'vanishing', kept prisoner in secret in some Italianate weirdo place, giant bouncing rubber balls that recapture them if they escape and covers their faces while they're screaming silently, oddball people like Leo McKern behaving bizarrely. I've now decided it was total garbage and had no meaning whatsoever.
I am now ready to turn my attention to Twin Peaks and try and work that one out. Can someone give me a lift up and explain dwarfs in dream sequences and that bird that sings in a funny squeaky voice?
(Please, only over 40 year olds as you would have been too young to understand it, which you wouldn't have anyway)

Parapunter
5th Apr 2006, 10:52
You need to learn to love yourself. I recommend macrame as a starting point.:hmm:

Farmer 1
5th Apr 2006, 11:07
I thought the answer was 42.

colmac747
5th Apr 2006, 11:11
http://www.newvideo.com/images/boxart/AAE71654-03.jpg

:E

tony draper
5th Apr 2006, 11:18
One liked Twin Peaks it was silly,if you get stuck do not drop me a email for explanation though,don't recal much about the Prisoner, one does recal missing the last episode though after watching it religiously,oh one was hopping mad one was.
:uhoh:

Fly380
5th Apr 2006, 11:19
The answer was no 6 - the Prisoner himself. Patrick Whatsisname.:confused:

Whirlygig
5th Apr 2006, 11:20
It helps slightly if you saw the last episode of "Danger Man" (also with Patrick McGoohan) in which his "secret agent" character is kidnapped and taken away!

Cheers

Whirls

BTW - the Prisoner was filmed in Portmeirion, North Wales where there is a Prisoner shop and societies who reenact episodes.

Farmer 1
5th Apr 2006, 11:21
The answer was no 6 - the Prisoner himself. Patrick Whatsisname.:confused:

No - he was the question.

Rushton
5th Apr 2006, 11:49
Not only was he a free man, he was number 1 as well as number 6. He was, being number 6, an allegory. Go get him Rover (the white ball) he's escaping.:8

chevvron
5th Apr 2006, 20:07
I worked in a warehouse loading lorries when the Prisoner was in production. Not all filming was done at Portmeirion.
One day, the British Railways parcels van arrived for a pickup with an Irish driver. He told us he'd just done a pickup at the studio at Borehamwood. He'd seen patrick McGoohan during a break in filming and asked for his autograph. The reply was a blunt 'if you've done you job, get off the lot'!