PDA

View Full Version : Stansted

Pages : [1] 2

rusty_c
4th Apr 2006, 22:09
IS there a Stansted forum about? I cant find it if there is!

pamann
5th Apr 2006, 23:42
There has been in the past, I'm sure dunno where it has gone tho???
Anyhow, with new routes launched by FR from Liverpool, should imagine we'll see ABZ & INV with these guys to follow. Any chance of any new routes with anyone else??? I guess LPL-STN would be a good choice for FR too!

Stanstedeye
6th Apr 2006, 19:01
Any info on Maxjet MXY 201 STN-IAD today, scheduled Dep. STN-IAD at 14.00?
& tomorrow MY 200 IAD-STN due 04.00?

the_fish@blueyonder.
6th Apr 2006, 19:33
What gates to FR depart from on thier International Flights from STN?

I have only ever flown with them from STN to PIK, so I am used to walking to the gate, will I need to take the shuttle train to get to the Gates when I travel to Hamburg LBC next week?

Stanstedeye
6th Apr 2006, 20:53
No FR flights use the shuttle train.

sat1
7th Apr 2006, 10:43
crews have to walk so YOU have to walk.this IS ryanair!!!!!!!

rusty_c
7th Apr 2006, 12:50
do ryanair flights not go from gates 20-39 anymore?

Tranceaddict
7th Apr 2006, 16:03
No FR flights use the shuttle train.
Wrong Wrong Wrong Wrong Wrong Wrong Wrong
Many FR flights use gates 20-39, which is the second stop on the transit train, always check gate numbers, seasoned travellers through STN this Summer could be caught out, many regular Air Berlin travellers assume that they depart in Satelite 1, gates 1-19, and blindly go there without thinking.
This could all change as the Summer progresses, so check check and check again, it is not easy to get from 1 satelite to the other if you are in the wrong place.

the_fish@blueyonder.
7th Apr 2006, 17:55
Thanks folks, I haven't used trhe shuttle train before, so I'll keep an eye out and make sure I know where to go.

Stanstedeye
7th Apr 2006, 21:46
Maxjet looking to increase their fleet to 4 767, considering a BOS-STN route possibly starting as early as June 2006.

rusty_c
7th Apr 2006, 22:11
i wouldnt like to speculate. Perhaps theyll let the IAD settle in first! its a young airline!

OpsSix
8th Apr 2006, 08:41
Most of Ryanairs international flights depart from Sat 3 @ STN (gates 40-59) which means a 10 min walk from check-in.
Gates 40-50 are in Sat 3 itself whilst 51-59 are in the lower level (FCF) at the very end of Sat 3.

The other international flights (FR) depart from Sat 2 which is the 2nd stop on the train. This takes you to the upper level of Sat 2.... the lower level being domestic.

aeulad
8th Apr 2006, 18:15
Carpatair to Timisoara has been postponed a year apparently.

Regards

Mike

rusty_c
9th Apr 2006, 11:15
Anybody know of anymore routes to expect from stansted any new airlines?

Stanstedeye
16th Apr 2006, 15:02
Already started is Atlas Jet (KK) with a once weekly service to Istanbul.
Starting on 27/5 is Atlantic Expresss (AAG) with a 14 per week service to Jersey.

Tranceaddict
16th Apr 2006, 17:19
Already started is Atlas Jet (KK) with a once weekly service to Istanbul.
Service is twice weekly, Wednesday and Sunday.

hasta lueGO
17th Apr 2006, 10:50
Blue1 started twice daily services to Helsinki about 3 weeks ago too.

There will be some established airlines starting services from STN this Summer.

rusty_c
17th Apr 2006, 17:53
Such as who?!

Stanstedeye
17th Apr 2006, 18:25
Such as who?!

Maybe (hastalueGo) is speaking of the summer charters: i.e. XLA, NCD, KM, & still being listed FLT.

Tranceaddict
18th Apr 2006, 09:10
Maybe (hastalueGo) is speaking of the summer charters: i.e. XLA, NCD, KM, & still being listed FLT.
And don't forget PIA (as this is a rumours forum!)

rusty_c
18th Apr 2006, 15:59
How about any estabilished scheduled airlines?

carbootking
23rd Apr 2006, 18:51
how about air india and kenya airways heard about these last couple of days ?

rusty_c
24th Apr 2006, 21:07
I think its going to Zambia. And also PIA are pretty much confirmed! No return fromt he likes of SAS and KLM then? Perhaps flybe?!

allanmack
25th Apr 2006, 11:01
What's all this about?

"Ryanair sincerely apologises on behalf of the British Airports Authority (BAA) for the below flight cancellations which have been caused as a result of the closure of London Stansted Airport last night and the resulting flight diversions due to the failure of Stansted Airports runway lighting."

ezybus
25th Apr 2006, 11:16
yer! nothing on the easyJet website - another coverup by ryanair????

dwlpl
25th Apr 2006, 11:27
yer! nothing on the easyJet website - another coverup by ryanair????

On the easyJet website (also on the BAA Stansted website) there are a number of delays listed.

There is no reason given though.

Flyboy543
25th Apr 2006, 11:42
Aparently was a problem or maintanance going on with the ILS. Lots of diverts to EMA and LGW both Ryanair and Easy. Can't say about other airports thats all I know. Certantly was an interesting night at EMA from what I saw with a/c on DHL and UPS cargo ramps!

Flyboy

Ian Farquharson
25th Apr 2006, 11:59
7 Ryanairs diverted to BHX last night.

Ian

LTNman
25th Apr 2006, 13:12
Stansted is only CAT 1 for the summer due to runway resurfacing work. I did hear it was a bit foggy there last night. Luton also took some diversions from Stansted.

BONDMAN
25th Apr 2006, 14:39
From memory I understood both STN and LTN ILS still Cat 111 operational but due to the reduced runway lightning (reduced/no centerline lighting) and depending on the operators procedures a/c may be restricted the Cat 11/1 during daylight/night hours. As I said read the notam a while back so may be wrong.
Cheers Bondy

UPSAirOps
25th Apr 2006, 16:06
Runway restrictions didn't help, believe visibility was around 150m which I think is the main reason ours diverted to EMA. Fortunately it's only one a/c into STN of a morning, otherwise I imagine it would've been a bit more of a hairy situation at EMA.

Mr Angry from Purley
25th Apr 2006, 16:41
2 RYR @ EMA and RYR blaming the BAA on their web site, around 20-30 flights cancelled

sat1
26th Apr 2006, 17:47
I think its going to Zambia. And also PIA are pretty much confirmed! No return fromt he likes of SAS and KLM then? Perhaps flybe?! Pleeeeeeeze people c'mon,PIA have been 'confirmed' for the last 2/3 years.They're due to land on the second runway,lol!!!!!
:ok:

Stanstedeye
26th Apr 2006, 19:39
Further to my post a while back, ref. FLT listed to operate STN charters.
FLT are to lease 2 MD83's: OELHE from 12/05/06 to 06/11/06
OELHG from 02/06/06 to 06/11/06

9J-LUN
11th May 2006, 13:08
Rusty C

What Zambia flights are you referring to??

jack_essex
13th May 2006, 14:30
Sorry if its already been asked but what is all this about flights to Zambia and also PIA starting from Stansted? Any more news?

Epsilon minus
17th May 2006, 07:42
12 May 2006
British airport operator BAA on Monday said it still hoped to complete a second runway at Stansted Airport northeast of London by 2013 although it was budgeting for a two year delay in the project.

In documents outlining BAA's spending plans released last week, BAA said its forecasts assumed an opening date of 2014/15 for the GBP£4 billion (USD$7.43 billion) project, two years later than the previous target.

However, a BAA spokesman said it was still hopeful of a 2013 opening date for the runway and the targets had not changed.

"We just took a more cautious view of the possible opening times," the spokesman said.

BAA warned a year ago the runway's earliest completion date was 2013, and that was a "challenging target". The government had previously said it expected the runway to open in 2011-2012.

The government has backed plans for the second runway at Stansted as part of a 30 year strategy to cope with soaring demand for air travel, particularly in England's crowded south-east.

The new runway is strongly opposed by airlines, local residents and environmental groups.

ILOVEMCO
17th May 2006, 08:08
The new runway is strongly opposed by airlines, local residents and environmental groups

airlines???? surely not

LGS6753
17th May 2006, 08:17
The airlines are unhappy about the level of investment required by BAA at Stansted (£4bn), that they will end up paying for.

Unsurprisingly, they view the Luton proposals (runway + terminal + infrastructure) at £1.5bn as a better option.

ILOVEMCO
17th May 2006, 08:31
thanks for that :ok:

WHBM
17th May 2006, 09:08
BAA warned a year ago the runway's earliest completion date was 2013, and that was a "challenging target". The government had previously said it expected the runway to open in 2011-2012
OK all, I work with construction people. The new runway needs be not more than 2500m (the odd freighters needing more can use the existing runway). So 2500m x 45m width x 3m depth is about 340,000 m3 of reinforced concrete. Add the taxiways and that is say 600,000 m3.

That is in no way a challenge for a major construction contractor in one year, it is basically a "muck out concrete in" job. The plans are drawn and the land is identified. It just needs starting. I believe in 1940 the RAF probably laid this much new runway each month, which was done mainly by hand with existing contractors and resources.

GOLF-INDIA BRAVO
17th May 2006, 09:59
Yes but they were built in a rush and wouldn`t survive the hammereing that Stansted would give it
Runway 24R at Manchester was an old wartime runway and they have had to spend millions on rebuilding and strengthening

G-I-B

Max Tow
17th May 2006, 10:39
WHBM: Interesting figures to play with (might as well as I doubt whether I'll live to see it happen!)

If correct, 4bn for 2500m of runway plus bits seems toppy and taking two years more than the whole of WW2 to construct one airstrip seems downright laggardly.
That's a cool 1.6million quid per metre or 6666 per M3 of concrete laid.
BAA recently rejected a bid of 9bn for the company...now I understand, as with 15000m of runways (at LHR x 2/STN/LGW & SOU) they should be worth 24bn even without the rest of the airport land & buildings....
By the way, I see that China plans 42 new airports in the next 15 years. Now that's ambitious.
On a serious note, the dithering and no doubt related cost overruns that characterise major projects in this country (epitomised by the T5 planning inquiry, Nimrods,aircraft carriers etc) make one weep. It's just as well the French run Airbus.

Momentary Lapse
17th May 2006, 10:54
MAN's R2 cost about £200m plus (I think) the cost of buying the land. That included demolitions of existing bldgs, rerouting a road, two tunnels (road and river), dismantling listed buildings and building a new satellite fire station.

I'm off to buy shares in concrete manufacturers right now.

Why does everything BAA do cost 10x as much as anything anyone else does?

Max Tow
17th May 2006, 11:28
BAA's own blurb claims 15000m3 of concrete poured per week at the peak of T5 construction so using WHBM's figure of 600,000m3 that's 40 weeks for a runway, which sounds far more reasonable than 9 years. Perhaps the time scale includes 3 years of planning enquiry,3 years of deciding what shape and colour it should be and 3 years of doing nothing at all just to be on the safe side.

WHBM
17th May 2006, 12:31
Guys

You are getting well on your way to membership of the Institute of Civil Engineers :)

£6,666 per m3 of concrete ?

Current typical price of ready-mixed concrrete is £50 per m3, ex-works. I know there's more to it, but it gives you an idea. For a project of this size you would have a concrete production plant (known as a "batching plant") on site. Perhaps the one used on T5 could be sent over to reduce costs. Has anyone asked ?

potkettleblack
17th May 2006, 13:19
The figures don't surprise me, its all just a part of the old Rip off Britain campaign. In todays world the likes of BAA won't accept a tender from some smallish outfit who could do the work much cheaper and to the required standard. Nor do they even consider getting in a contract team and managing the work in house. That is all seen as unacceptable risk. Instead they will go through a laborious process of ticking boxes against the tenders they receive. Probably get a special team of lawyers, engineers and project managers to pour over the tenders.

In reality there are only a handful of multinationals that can undertake a project of this scale given the rules that big corporates such as BAA have essentially self imposed on themselves. Even then the company that wins the tender will retender work and sub it out all the way down to the man who does the road marshalling and sprays water to keep the dust down. All aboard the gravy train with each and everyone adding on a margin in the process. Thats essentially how we get to the ridiculous figures these days for laying some concrete.

Now heres one for innovation.... Imagine hiring a couple of super tankers, fill them up with the materials and equipment brought overseas nice and cheap and throw on board a 1,000 workers at £100 a day. Get in some decent qualified people to oversee the work and throw in some hefty early completion bonuses for all concerned. Reckon it would take more than 6 months to lay some concrete? Kick up a right fuss in the process but get the job done and to the required standard.

LGS6753
17th May 2006, 14:19
What takes time is:

Drawing up the plans, detailed enough to put into action.
Getting an environmental impact assessment done by someone in qualified green wellies.
Submitting a planning application which takes months to be passed from District Council to County Council to Prescott:ugh: :ugh: :yuk: :yuk: who then appoints an ex-military officer as a planning inspector.
Who gives loads of notice to NIMBYs, parish councils, district councils, county councils, regional assemblies, Uncle Tom Cobbleigh and all.
Then the said NIMBYs, councils, etc get to state their objections. Public Inquiries work 4 or 5 day weeks, 3-4 hours a day. So they take months, if not years. Lawyers get paid ££££.
Then the ex-military officer submits his report to Government. Delay whilst Prescott is taught to read (or has it read to him).
Government waits until they can put a positive spin on the announcement, or hide it.
Approval is given.
BAA holds a party.
Tenders are put out giving companies time to respond.
Tenders are assessed. Further negotiations occur. A start date is agreed.
The start date is delayed because of unforeseen circumstances (it rains, or the skip doesn't show up).
Concrete gets poured.
Workers go on strike.
Further delays when they discover lesser-spotted Reggie Spotters are nesting on the site. Also, Swampy has set up home on the site and the stench is too awful to approach him. (And turfing him off private land is probably an infringement of his 'human' rights.)
Cracks are discovered in the concrete and it transpires that the cheapest possible concrete was ordered from a dubious cove with a Russian accent in a raincoat in a pub in Bishops Stortford. (have you heard a raincoat with a Russian accent?).
Due to previous delays the painters can't start until they've finished Mrs Entwhistle's dining room.

Handover day approaches, and it's getting on for twenty past eight (or 2020).:}

Pain in the R's
17th May 2006, 15:08
If correct, 4bn for 2500m of runway plus bits seems toppy and taking two years more than the whole of WW2 to construct one airstrip seems downright laggardly.

In 2000 Luton proposed a small addition to its controlled airspace. The whole world and its dog was asked for an opinion. Last week and 6 years later they got their airspace.

spanishflea
17th May 2006, 15:29
What takes time is:
Submitting a planning application which takes months to be passed from District Council to County Council to Prescott

Although no longer as remember he doesnt actualy do anything these days :hmm:

FougaMagister
17th May 2006, 21:25
... Amazing planning timetable, when one considers that the latest off-shore Japanese airport at Kytakyushu was opened a mere... four years after getting the green light - and did not only involve a new runway (obviously), but creating a completely new-built airport on an artificial island, with a highway/causeway to the mainland etc.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, it was only three years between the go-ahead and the fourth runway being opened at CDG. They just bought more land for it - but then again they buy it at a 20% premium, so most land/house owners are happy to sell...

Food for thought...

Nite! :zzz:

sat1
18th May 2006, 07:49
rumours surfacing that one of the handling agents at stansted is experiencing problems with its workforce over pay.Anyone heard anything?

sat1
19th May 2006, 08:09
rumours flying(pun)that there are TWO handling agents at stansted with unhappy employees.Seems nobody is happy with their pay negotiations.Could well be very interesting there this summer.
:=

Jes
19th May 2006, 10:25
And there I was thinking this was a thread about humanity in general. Not exactly a gripping story, and in breach of forum guidelines, I believe.

sat1
19th May 2006, 10:58
And there I was thinking this was a thread about humanity in general. Not exactly a gripping story, and in breach of forum guidelines, I believe.Pray explain yourself regards the breach.And if it is true it COULD be very eventful this summer-dont you think?:ok:

VIKING9
19th May 2006, 11:04
aaahhh the joys of Great Britain. Oh sorry, someone remind me what is "great" about Britain :ugh:

sat1
21st May 2006, 17:56
rumours flying(pun)that there are TWO handling agents at stansted with unhappy employees.Seems nobody is happy with their pay negotiations.Could well be very interesting there this summer.
:= Seems that two airlines are already asking questions about possible delays especially with the world cup just round the corner.:=

bacardi walla
25th May 2006, 17:19
What's happening at EGSS right now. I'm in the Suffolk countryside and there are 2 RYR 738's and a GSS 744 chasing each other in the hold for RWY 23. The 2 738's are less than 1000ft apart that I do know. Their TCAS will be going mad.

By the way, I'm not a spotter or wannabe, I know these a/c are VERY close.

Any ideas ??

Stanstedeye
27th May 2006, 15:03
With Ryanair now committed to developing up to 20 routes in Morocco, maybe not to long before STN is included.

chevvron
4th Jun 2006, 09:46
Flew out with RYR on 23rd, and I have to say its the absolute PITS compared with Gatwick; cramped checkin area; long queues; few eating places. OK I know it's 'undergoing development' but then so are all other BAA airports and they're not half as bad. Unfortunately RYR don't go to my destination from any other departure point so I've got no choice but to go here. Even the car parking is confusing; instead of just Long term and Short term, you've also got Mid term. Now what is Mid term? 2 days? 6 days?

WHBM
5th Jun 2006, 08:40
instead of just Long term and Short term, you've also got Mid term. Now what is Mid term? 2 days? 6 days?
Mid Term at Stansted :

Priced close to short term.
Long bus ride away so like long term.
Only one bus on duty because few use it, so much angst as your checkin deadline creeps closer with no bus in sight.
Costs more to park for a few days than the flight did.

chevvron
5th Jun 2006, 13:11
Yeah I wish we'd used long term now, still we'll know next time. Parking was 67 quid, and the flights were 89 quid for two! (NB have to say quid 'cos someone set up my PC as American language and the pound sign doesn't work!)
Actually there seemed to be more than one bus; there was already one at the terminal when we arrived from the car park, and the zone we were directed to was pretty full.

jack_essex
5th Jun 2006, 16:02
Does anyone know of any new routes which could be launced from Stansted? Ryanair will hopefully announce some Morocco routes in the next few months.

tommyc2005
16th Jun 2006, 13:03
Seen a couple of Flyme cancellations lately and looking at the stats I'm not surprised, average of 43 pax per flight. I don't fancy that one lasting past the summer, FR are killing them. Blue1 to Helsinki seems to be doing even worse, their average is 34 pax.

On the plus side Albanian Airlines start next week 4x weekly Tirana.

Stanstedeye
16th Jun 2006, 20:50
tommyc2005

LV will be using a BAC 146. Dep.Tirana 06.30-STN 08.50 on 3/7
Tirana 13.30-STN 15.50 on 2/5

Stanstedeye
17th Jun 2006, 15:43
A 'New Start Up' for Gibraltar has been sited using 2 wet leased 737's for direct flights to STN.

:D

Buster the Bear
17th Jun 2006, 21:12
Close to 720 movements at Stansted last Friday!

rusty_c
17th Jun 2006, 22:37
Anybody know whos going to be handling these? Im thinking AGS?

Stanstedeye
21st Jun 2006, 18:17
Starting service to Chambery 12/06-04/07
Looks like a summer service in 07 too, but at present the summer 07 service to TFS is not listed.
Also there is no winter service to Geneva listed

TUGNBAR
21st Jun 2006, 21:03
Did anyone see the amount of Bizjets parked up Northside this morning. :eek:

terrain safe
21st Jun 2006, 21:10
Yep a very busy night apparently.

Stanstedeye
23rd Jun 2006, 04:55
The MY8000 charter from Orlando returning to STN at 10.30.

tommyc2005
30th Jun 2006, 14:58
Centralwings are starting 3x weekly to Warsaw from the end of November, not sure how long it will last, or if it will indeed start as they have a poor track record. Would have thought they would have gone daily at least.

Epsilon minus
30th Jun 2006, 15:23
WHBM wrote Costs more to park for a few days than the flight did.
Isn't it a pity that the airport with argueably the best rail served infrastuctue in the UK has the worst train operator running on it. Central trains running from the west are appalingly un-reliable and One from the south and east have the shabbiest rolling stock in the rail business. What a waste of a fantastic resource that can benefit passengers and sensitive global warming issues. I hope the STN press and business sections read this. Sort the rail companies out please, they are letting you down.

Gibraltar
Isn't it ironic that you could probably fly from STN to Gib quicker than you could get in by car after queuing to get through the frontier from La Linea?

EM

Stanstedeye
30th Jun 2006, 18:52
Centralwings are starting 3x weekly to Warsaw from the end of November, not sure how long it will last, or if it will indeed start as they have a poor track record. Would have thought they would have gone daily at least.

Company states service starting on 15/12/06. Operating on 1-3-5.
Warsaw-STN 07.30-09.10. STN-Warsaw 09.55-13.10.

TUGNBAR
2nd Jul 2006, 21:00
Nice to see the England team using Stansted for a change (probably because Beckham only lives down the road).
But anyway nice to see...............and they certainly avoided the fans who were all waiting at the VP:D

rusty_c
3rd Jul 2006, 17:06
Whats with the AZ today? Whats the reason for this service? Just a charter? Good to see tho!

WHBM
4th Jul 2006, 09:39
Isn't it a pity that the airport with argueably the best rail served infrastuctue in the UK has the worst train operator running on it.
I am afraid the world has moved on. The days when people could/would spend half a day each way between the airport and their house on public transport have gone. We expect to drive to the airport, have convenient parking, and fly. That is what airports are in business to deliver, not to lecture us on the need to use inappropriate public transport so they can appear green and friendly to the government and to the lentil eating brigade. There is a reason why we use cars, it is because they provide overwhelmingly the best journey option.

I live close to London City. It's just over 30 minutes up the M11 to Stansted where I always use the short term (like most others) and can be inside the terminal in 45 minutes from leaving my front door. I often take one of the early departures. For an 0800 departure I leave home long after 0600 and use Easy's on-line check in. I've never missed the flight.

If I go by public transport I have to get up in the middle of the night, spend literally hours on the journey, a fortune on a taxi to Liverpool Street (as the Underground has not started) and a second fortune on the train to the airport, certainly more than parking and car costs. Actually my taxi company charges little different from home to Liverpool Street or to Stansted, and the road journey alone is probably quicker than to Liverpool Street. This is for someone who lives in inner London and is therefore "convenient" to public transport.

On return, by public transport, wait for Stansted Express, to Liverpool Street, Central Line to Bank, DLR to West Ferry, DLR to my home station, long walk home. With suitcases. In today's heat. Ha Ha !

There is a nice new direct train from Stratford to Stansted. It stops at every station along the way, takes 70 minutes, only goes once an hour, and the first train of the day arrives at Stansted at the airport at 1038 in the morning. You couldn't make this up if you tried.

Stansted Airport station is approached by a long single track tunnel under the runway (limiting capacity) to an austere dead-end station, which prevents it being served by any through trains like Gatwick is. To call this the "best airport rail infrastructure in the UK" is I feel inappropriate.

jack_essex
4th Jul 2006, 09:54
Whats with the AZ today? Whats the reason for this service? Just a charter? Good to see tho!

I also saw this flight taking off and was thinking the same thing.

Stanstedeye
4th Jul 2006, 20:39
jack_essex

Not a scheduled flight, so must have been a Charter from sunny Rome.

sat1
10th Jul 2006, 15:42
the grapevine say's that air berlin are moving to sat 2 at the end of the month.Can any one confirm and if so......why???:confused:

carbootking
10th Jul 2006, 18:31
its probably as they have a few domestic flights an easier to keep aircraft in same place than moving them around.

ped90
10th Jul 2006, 22:33
Also probably BAA want more punters going through Sat 2 too keep the shiny new Wetherspoons and the other concessions busy. Especially now that there are fewer FR international turnarounds during the daytime operating from Sat 2.

And as Carbootking commented Air Berlin ops are spread over Sat 1 and 2 currently as the Domestic Ops have to depart from Sat 2 and this is causing a large amount of Bussing of punters.

sat1
11th Jul 2006, 10:18
I wonder who will take up the slack on sat 1,new carriers?,and have you noticed AGS are getting busier?:D

jack_essex
11th Jul 2006, 13:43
Iceland Express will start flying from Stansted to Akureyri, in the North of Iceland from 28th September 06. The route will be flown on Thursday's and Sunday's .

outofsynch
12th Jul 2006, 00:21
What was the story with the KLM 737 emergency in STN last night (11th)?
Presumably a fire warning or something judging by the fire trucks involved...

Anyone know any more?

Have since heard it was a fuel leak...

hasta lueGO
14th Jul 2006, 13:01
MAN-AMS divert due fuel warning.

- Can anyone confirm that PIA commence twice weekly flights in July from STN? Not sure where to? 777 apparently.

Stanstedeye
15th Jul 2006, 18:18
Any info on FJE 557 From Bermuda to STN tomorrow 06.40.

Musket90
15th Jul 2006, 20:53
Hasta

Understand PIA start 2 x weekly (Tue/Sun) on 25th July with A310 to/from Pakistan. Afternoon schedule.

NickBarnes
16th Jul 2006, 07:56
im flying with airberlin from Stansted next week and wonder what terminal do they use?

cheers

outofsynch
16th Jul 2006, 11:22
the one and only....................

NickBarnes
16th Jul 2006, 12:12
sorry i mean is the train needed to get to the gate

rusty_c
16th Jul 2006, 13:27
I think PIA are going to be either, 742/3 or 772

pamann
16th Jul 2006, 13:38
Is this PIA thing just a rumour or for real??? Only I can't see a thing on their website or the Stansted one either. And anyone any idea's where the flights are from/to in Pakistan? :O

daz211
16th Jul 2006, 21:11
I dont know where you get all this info from I cant find it anywhere
nothing on the web or in local press and you say 25th july i cant
see it myself would be nice though :hmm:

sat1
17th Jul 2006, 09:43
gonna be 310 and/or 777

jack_essex
17th Jul 2006, 09:58
I know this has been asked before but where is all this information coming from? What website? And where does it say its going to be a A310 or 777?

bhx runway15
17th Jul 2006, 10:35
The commencement date hasn't been finalised.PIA will start of with the A310s three weekly flights.
Tue KHI in and going out to ISB
Thu ISB in and going out to KHI
Sat KHI in and KHI out
Just remember things can change.

mjabbasi
17th Jul 2006, 12:35
PIA to Stanstead? First time I'm hearing of this. I'm sure they would have advertised about it in the local media. Would there be any traffic for this route to justify operating there?

sat1
17th Jul 2006, 15:33
mjabbasi

proving flight already happened

Stanstedeye
17th Jul 2006, 17:43
PIA to Stanstead? First time I'm hearing of this. I'm sure they would have advertised about it in the local media. Would there be any traffic for this route to justify operating there?

Remember STN is a low cost airport, and as STN have a need for more long haul airlines, they would indeed offer a very good deal to PIA.

pamann
17th Jul 2006, 18:37
There's a very large Pakistani/Asian community in the East end of London which will no doubt make this service a total success. Still no idea where anyone gets their info from on these flights as no announcement on the STN website and I can't see them on PIA's site either.

hasta lueGO
18th Jul 2006, 10:33
It is confirmed that PIA flights operate twice weekly from STN commencing 25/7/06 - handled by Servisair on A310; business and economy config. Operating out at approx 1600. I don't know why PIA or STN are not announcing this through their web sites. . . . .

daz211
18th Jul 2006, 17:00
where do you get your info from
with the start date so soon how will people book
if they are not advertising the route ?

jack_essex
18th Jul 2006, 17:12
It seems strange to announce a route (which hasn't even been announced yet) and then start it a week later. Especially a long haul route. What website is all the information from? I know I have asked it before but am just confused.

GBALU53
18th Jul 2006, 17:54
Rumour that the Stansted to Jersey could be up graded to an ATR72 in the not to distant future.

Could this be due to the connections that Stansted offers.

If this is correct the route is showing good signs??

Going back to when Air UK operated the route in the summer there would be three return ATR72 flight a day.

Good on Atlantic Express for reviving the line between Stansted and Jersey>

rusty_c
18th Jul 2006, 23:09
People who work for the companies involved?!

rusty_c
18th Jul 2006, 23:13
13L can now apparently take an A380!

sat1
19th Jul 2006, 08:33
would YOU trust those air bridges?lol

Return 2 Stand
19th Jul 2006, 20:16
Yep PIA are going to be operating a twice weekly service from STN, starting on the 25th July. Definatly with an A310.
Only know this as there is a rumour Manchester will be doing the weight and balance. :{ Like we don't have enough of them to do already!

sat1
19th Jul 2006, 20:47
with all due respect-manchester have yet to get a single load plan right.stand by for some serious pulling out of hair!!!

Return 2 Stand
19th Jul 2006, 21:54
with all due respect-manchester have yet to get a single load plan right.stand by for some serious pulling out of hair!!!

Who are you refering to in this?? There are lots of handling agents in Manchester bit harsh to assume we are all the same. PIA are NOT looked after by servisair at MAN if you are refering to their CLC.

Charlie Roy
21st Jul 2006, 11:02
SkyEurope are now offering flights from Stansted to three Croatian destinations:

Split
Zadar
Dubrovnik

VIA BRATISLAVA!

Also seems they may be introducing Stansted to Budapest... (direct)

LGS6753
21st Jul 2006, 18:34
Why would anyone fly with Sky Europe from STN when Wizz offer similar routes direct from Luton at reasonable frequencies?
And EZY operate to Rijeka from LTN.

daz211
21st Jul 2006, 19:04
try this for a reason
because some of us live closer to stansted than luton
stansted also has better transport links :ugh:

Stanstedeye
23rd Jul 2006, 07:53
Stansted says Flyglobespan have announced several of the proposed winter routes from STN. Only two are at present listed, are there more to come?

Buster the Bear
23rd Jul 2006, 16:14
Stansted has better transport links.........than......? Not Luton I would suggest!

8-10 trains per hour to London, the quickest taking 22 minutes. M1 adjacent with links to London, the midlands and beyond.

toledoashley
24th Jul 2006, 17:17
Toronto is confirmed on the flyGlobespan website operated by Zoom

hasta lueGO
24th Jul 2006, 17:30
PIA now expected to commence services from Saturday, rather than Tuesday . . . . .

rusty_c
24th Jul 2006, 22:17
Postponed again Tuesday week now!

daz211
24th Jul 2006, 22:41
why is this route not advertised anywhere ?

bhx runway15
26th Jul 2006, 10:45
PIA twice a week to Stansted starting 01/08/2006.

Flight details are as follows:

Tuesday 01/08/2006

----------------------------DEP-----ARR

PK773 A310 ISB KHI 07:05 09:00
PK773 A310 KHI STN 10:20 15:00
PK774 A310 STN KHI 16:30 04:30

Saturday 05/08/2006

PK 773 A310 KHI STN 10:20 15:00
PK 774 A310 STN KHI 16:30 04:30

WHBM
27th Jul 2006, 10:08
Comment in the press today that Michael O'Leary, as Stansted's largest user, is wanting a big public brouhaha about the grossly inflated costs of the second runway. Simplistically he says that the £4bn project should be able to be done for one quarter of that amount, and he resents paying for the gold-plating that has gone into the design.

There are comments about the construction cost estimates which could have come straight from our discussion about them on this thread (above) a few weeks back. Hello Dublin, nice to see you are with us ...... !

Ferrovial, the new BAA owners (or part owners, it is actually a consortium with Ferrovial the largest investor but Singapore Government Investments also have a substantial stake) are a worldwide construction group, their UK arm is the well-known contractor Amey who you will see all over the country, so they know a thing or two about what building work actually costs.

Interestingly O'Leary has also focused on the amount of land being acquired for the project, describing it as far too much and a "land grab" which will be acquired as part of the runway project but then used for commercial development of retail and business parks.

xxx5572
27th Jul 2006, 15:53
I have had a good read through the last few posts and i have found the people asking those who claim to know so much about this all and to say where they are recieving this info on pia flights have not been answered just a list of schedules and flight times, yes all well and good however the point still remains...................... tell us were we can find this info and exactly how is it possible to start flights that no one is advertising. maybe its just me however i think this rumour is going to be a case of 'il have to see it to believe it'. then again always the opporunity for someone to prove me wrong!! thanx

daz211
27th Jul 2006, 17:43
spill the beans on pia
i agree knowone is saying anything about where the info is coming from:ugh:

carbootking
27th Jul 2006, 18:31
person i spoke to says he got it from the top. heard from someone else today now starting middle august . so looks like never

xxx5572
27th Jul 2006, 21:20
looks like this forum is living upto its name, as i am sure that this person you know has recieved it from the top im still not won over on this one, the question still remains why is no one advertising this move,surely it would be on the front page of the oh so great stansted life. but even more so the lenght of these flights together with the never ending rise in fuel prices pia is going to need to sell all there seats onboard and quick to make any money on this route,also the longer they leave it the more people will opt to go fom another airport. this rumour sounds as good as me saying concorde is coming back and only at stn!! :E

rusty_c
27th Jul 2006, 23:03
cant wait to see these people proved wrong it will happen. I can guarantee that!

bhx runway15
28th Jul 2006, 10:47
The Stansted flights have been advertised in the Pakistani papers.The flights are to commence on the August 15.

xxx5572
28th Jul 2006, 13:07
Apart from advertising the new route in a paper that will only go to a minority i.e those people in pakistan or those who are able to get hold of that paper here in england, HOW CAN YOU BUY A TICKET??? No one has actually said beacuse last i knew pia dont do a buy at the door system i would have thought the wonders of the web would have been the best way however still to this day no sign of it on there website.
As much as rusty c would like to see me proved wrong, you have to agree that from the way im looking at it im still very doubtful, no adverts in uk, no advert on website, no corporarte announcement from BAA to welcome pia.............not much to go on. all i can say is i hope none of you are looking to become lawyers!! :p

rusty_c
28th Jul 2006, 21:44
This is a RUMOUR network though! You do not have to know where these rumours come from!

Perhaps these flights have been advertised in Pakistani papers over here aswell!

Youll find that youre unable to book any PIA flights but domestic flights on their website!:)

If oyu look at the schedules you'll see tht PK744 Leaves STN (Thats Stansted you know) at 0430pm. Further clicking around on this page shows that this is an a310 as stated before!:ok:

xxx5572
29th Jul 2006, 09:35
I am fully aware of the fact of this being a rumour forum however i am just trying to point out that there's rumours that have evidence to back them up and others like this one is more a game of chinese whispers.

And also i think someone should go back to the pia website and have a closer look, :sad: the domestic routes are shown on the first box however if you look on the boxes directly below you can find any airport that pia fly to including london but on closer inspection, oh what a surprise its LHR!

Im not being funny but it just doesnt make good business sense to advertise an international product to a minority, how are they going to cover the overheads especially at such short notice??

sat1
29th Jul 2006, 11:53
looks like this forum is living upto its name, as i am sure that this person you know has recieved it from the top im still not won over on this one, the question still remains why is no one advertising this move,surely it would be on the front page of the oh so great stansted life. but even more so the lenght of these flights together with the never ending rise in fuel prices pia is going to need to sell all there seats onboard and quick to make any money on this route,also the longer they leave it the more people will opt to go fom another airport. this rumour sounds as good as me saying concorde is coming back and only at stn!! :E HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT THAT!!!!!!!!!! ITS MEANT TO BE A SECRET:O

rusty_c
29th Jul 2006, 13:38
But did i not just show some evidence?
The webpage shows that a flight from london on either a SAT or TUE will result in a STN departure! Aswell as LHR!

However I do agree on that advertising front. Perhaps theyll do a Zoom and sell them as LHR and then send you a letter of apology saying your flights leaving from STN now!

xxx5572
30th Jul 2006, 10:21
Ok well if the evidence is there i just havnt been able to find it myself, i will try and get hold of the Pakistani time though, not sure where. :rolleyes:

Dont get me wrong i would like nothing more than to see a big national airline to come to stansted would make a nice change to the ezy & fr masses!! however as agreed if trying to sell a new product or service which is what this is they need to be putting the word out there and that is why im a little doubtful as yet to these flights starting so soon.

any more info anyone has would be great in trying to solve this mystery.

CAP493
30th Jul 2006, 14:39
Stansted also has better transport links...
And also from Luton, a through-train half-hourly 24/7 service (reduced frequencies midnight to 5am) via Central and South London to the South Coast plus Midland Mainline hourly to the East Midlands (this train passes Leicester about the same time that Central Trains' crawler service from Stansted to Birmingham is trundling through Peterborough...).
Stansted also has better transport links? To Essex, Northeast & East London maybe. Otherwise, don't make me laugh:D :} :rolleyes::E :O

daz211
30th Jul 2006, 17:32
transport links - it seems your under the impresionthat this means TRAINS AND TRAINS ALONE !
stansted has its own motorway slip road M11 to london and the midlands and the north, a newly built dueled A road to suffolk and norfolk, train station and coach base to most of the uk (national express coaches) I have flown for luton and the transport links need much improvement but this is my point of view :D :D :D :D :D :E :E

hasta lueGO
31st Jul 2006, 15:52
I know that PIA Management have been at Stansted for meetings about services that will operate, twice weekly as detailed above, from Stansted. The latest is that they will commence on 15th August and that this gives them additional time to sort the marketing out.

xxx5572
31st Jul 2006, 16:33
Two weeks to sell in excess of 1000 seats! pretty good going if they manage it :D

It seems to more of a case that pia management have come to stn to explore the possability of starting a route at a later date, maybe this is how the rumour started:uhoh:

carbootking
31st Jul 2006, 17:06
this rumour started a few years ago back then pia managment were seen at stn so thay must of done their sums by now.

xxx5572
31st Jul 2006, 22:54
well yes maybe sums were done but maybe the sums wernt good enough and thats the last we will see of pia management.:{

LTNman
1st Aug 2006, 07:13
transport links - it seems your under the impresionthat this means TRAINS AND TRAINS ALONE !
stansted has its own motorway slip road M11 to london and the midlands and the north, a newly built dueled A road to suffolk and norfolk, train station and coach base to most of the uk (national express coaches) I have flown for luton and the transport links need much improvement but this is my point of view :D :D :D :D :D :E :E

A new dual carriageway into Luton Airport is now under construction. When finished it will be dual carriageway all the way from the M1. Together with the M1 widening scheme which is also under way road links should improve.

Danasutra
1st Aug 2006, 08:23
crews have to walk so YOU have to walk.this IS ryanair!!!!!!!

Don't you know about the crewlimo???? :E

Other ways of low-cost transportation are:
1. Catapulting you from D-pier to domestics...crews first, then bags...
2. Playing chicken by running right across from crewroom to domestics
3. There CAN be a full crew loaded on a Swissport baggage-cart (in winter use the the handy raincover for full covered travel)
4. Rollerskates will be provided

What else do you need? :ugh:

rusty_c
1st Aug 2006, 10:18
These LTN people do go on. I think the facts are probably conclusive, STN 3rd busiest LON airport. 4th in the UK now that wouldnt be an airport with inferior transport links would it. The debate can go on and on but guess which airport STN is above?:}

Danasutra
1st Aug 2006, 11:27
rusty_c

Exactly! :D

And for all the naggers who dont want to get lost: Read the Friggin' screens and follow instructions! Duh :ugh:

STN Expansion Rules! :ok:

Musket90
1st Aug 2006, 12:06
Isn't STN 3rd busiest LON and in UK with 23 million annual pax, above MAN

jack_essex
1st Aug 2006, 14:04
Yes, STN recently overtook MAN for being the UK's third busiest airport.

daz211
1st Aug 2006, 15:51
maybe one day you will be a big as stansted and your transport links will be finnished but until then keep dreaming :D :eek: :D

Danasutra
1st Aug 2006, 16:43
maybe one day you will be a big as stansted and your transport links will be finnished but until then keep dreaming :D :eek: :D

Till then you can save up for a spellchecker....w**ker...

LTNman
1st Aug 2006, 17:00
Wonder why PIA feel that they have to offer a complimentary coach service for all passengers from Stansted to London. Maybe they feel that Stansted's public transport links are not up to scratch despite what is claimed here.:p :p

Stanstedeye
1st Aug 2006, 18:55
rusty_c
Exactly! :D
And for all the naggers who dont want to get lost: Read the Friggin' screens and follow instructions! Duh :ugh:
STN Expansion Rules! :ok:

Another part of STN crying out for expansion is the drop off area. Over the years this area has become smaller as the the coach & car hire companies have encroached, which has made 'The Drop Off' a very stressfull exercise.

rusty_c
1st Aug 2006, 18:56
Ah rite. And PIA are flying from STN, and not LTN? I think ive said enough on that. I have to make sure I read over my messages carefully to make sure there aren't any mistakes or typos for people to correct me on!

daz211
1st Aug 2006, 19:20
for the stansted bashers who have nothing better to do than
pick people up on spelling mistakes get a life and a real airport :{

Buster the Bear
1st Aug 2006, 19:28
Swefly managed to regularly fill a B767 from Luton to Pakistan, sadly it routed via Sweden and ended up out of business, but there is a ready market north of the Thames that don't wish to fly from Heathrow.

A free coach service from Stansted to Luton by PIA would be just as useful judging my the population make up of the town.

Just another point, you me and every other UK taxpayer helped with the M11/A127 upgrades. This money could and should have been used to upgrade one of the busiest sections of motorway in Europe, that between the M25 up to Luton Jct 10 M1. Matters are being addressed now, 10 years too late. The upgrades to the road infrastructure were excessive in Essex, if you took travellers to and from Stansted off the M11, Buster could have a picnic in the outside lane. Unfortunately the same cannot be said of the M1!

Thankfully the cosy arrangements of past between HM Govt and the BAA are now 'six foot under'! Now the BAA will be saddled with HUGE debt, I wonder who will purchase Stansted off the Spanish consortium to pay for runway 3 at Heathrow?

Richard Taylor
1st Aug 2006, 19:33
Crumbs :uhoh:

EDI v GLA, LPL v MAN, BFS v BHD, STN v LTN...& on it goes...

Any word at the STN end of an ABZ route?

Air UK used to fly it, axed in 1999, carried about 100K pax on the route.

Continues to be speculation up here that "talks" with various airlines continue, but seems no closer to any route restarting.

Would the likes of Air Berlin or MOL's lot be interested?

(I've not mentioned the orange mob as they'd never get an a/c up here given their current problems...:E :p :} )

daz211
1st Aug 2006, 19:35
i think you mean the M11 and the A120
i dont think stansted will be sold off as one of the fastest growing airports in europe it has alot of expansion in it yet if any baa airports were to be sold i think it would be gatwick before stansted

Danasutra
1st Aug 2006, 20:31
Another part of STN crying out for expansion is the drop off area. Over the years this area has become smaller as the the coach & car hire companies have encroached, which has made 'The Drop Off' a very stressfull exercise.

The cry has been heard 'cause they're doing that now....

All in all I'd say STN has a perfect layout to be a succes....never had a brilliant time going to Heathrow to drop somebody off...
The next change will hopefully be the security checkpoint....:rolleyes: PAX arrive 1 hour before departure at check-in (on time)...pass the check-in close to 35 mins to departure and then get stuck for 30 mins in security....no calculator needed that 5 mins to run to gate 57 is not enough, so: delay....

Sorry about the spelling-remark...had something on my mind....:O

WHBM
1st Aug 2006, 21:01
Over the years this area has become smaller as the the coach & car hire companies have encroached.
I do not understand why such a large amount of the valuable space available for the short-term car park at Stansted is given over to the bus station. They have the plum site, right in front of the terminal, but there are very few bus services from there, much of the space always seems empty, and in fact the bus operators seem to use much of it as a garage to store out-of-service buses, right in front of the terminal, in a way unknown at other airports. Meanwhile the car parking has been squeezed to an unsuitable area well to the north.

Oh, and regarding the "Mid Term" car park. Does anybody ever use it ? Seems to be high priced like the short term, but connected by a longwinded and infrequent bus shuttle.

daz211
1st Aug 2006, 21:07
spelling has never been my strong point !;)
I think stansted security has got much better
I had a 0630 dep in may and walked straight to xray it only took 5mins
have you been to stansted since they extended the security channel
after doing away with a few shops its quite big now

xxx5572
1st Aug 2006, 21:34
Firstly about the drop off area at the front of the airport i do believe they are reconstructing it and hopefully so will the layout, as i agree it can be hectic and cramped. But will have to let you know when it is finished or come experience it?!! :hmm:
Next issue of the coach station is very true indeed i sometimes look at it and think why the need for so much space, with airport space a premium these days i would have thought that they would reduce the coach area to a realistic and ideal size and in turn could have extended the pick up point next to it, this problem is very common when it comes to the el al flights in the evening where the front of the terminal is shut off, only allowing people to go in the short stay car parks or the pick up points that get full very quickly, i think this is a problem at stn but sure its common across all airports. is it??
And i do believe they are looking at reconstructing the coach station too as have seen some drawings in the stansted life.
Lots going on here. :ok:

daz211
4th Aug 2006, 21:50
its true after all pia are coming to stansted 15aug
its now on pia web site bottom of home page :ok:
but still nothing on stansted website :confused:

xxx5572
4th Aug 2006, 22:11
Well like i said in previous thread i must stand corrected as it has been pointed out and proven to me that PIA are starting a stn operation. I have seen it on the homepage.
Well done to all those that managed to find the info :D because to be honest i stopped looking as thought was a bit of a myth but LITTLE DID I KNOW!! :{
Sure we will all be discussing the expected success of this route and the impact of pia coming to stansted but in the meantime

Well done to all the believers out there and can have the satisfaction in winning my challenge to prove me wrong.

daz211
4th Aug 2006, 22:35
it is still not on the stn website and it was so hard to
find the info on pia website just a tiny bit at the bottom
of home page you would think they would have a bigger
window to show off a new route

xxx5572
5th Aug 2006, 08:40
Your right in that it was hard to find but i was just thinking that maybe they are hoping to use travel agents in order to sell there seats too as well of the website.
Im really suprised that there has been no announcement from stansted, is it that they love the fr and ez flights sooo much they dont want anyone else coming here.
I really hope that this is a sign of things to come with some decent airlines at stansted.
So what aircraft are they using because some people are saying 777!!
Surely someone from servisair can shed light on more details??? where will check in be? which sat departing from? is there a pia rep? will icts be needed?

daz211
5th Aug 2006, 09:59
pia website says a310 both days sat/tue
PK773 inbound
PK774 outbound :D :ok: :D

http://www.airport-borispol.kiev.ua/.db/10723/w300/AIRBUS-A310.jpg

sat1
5th Aug 2006, 11:58
dont be surprised if those 310's turn into 300's

D-ABBT
6th Aug 2006, 17:53
I Didnt think PIA had their A300's anymore.

B743
B742C
B772LR
B772ER
A310
B733
F27
Twin Otter
AT42

I believe that is their current fleet

G-APDK
8th Aug 2006, 12:32
I am assured from a source in the tower that the Pakistan flights will start on 15/08

From the same source this winter should also see:
A combined twice weekly GSM/OOM STN – Toronto using Zoom 767 aircraft.
GSM (B767) to Florida
Carpatair (Fk100) to Timasoara
Vuelling Airlines (A320) to Madrid
Centralwings (B737) to Warsaw
Jet2 (B757) to Tenerife and Cyprus

36 RYR to be based for the Winter (2 more than last winter) and 40 for next summer (1 more than current season)

As always, time will tell what actually starts , but its looks interesting
Phil

daz211
8th Aug 2006, 14:23
so nothing about GSM NEWYORK then,ORLANDO would do
well at stansted but thought NEWYORK would have came
first,madrid is also good but what will ryanair say
the storys are that madrid might be on ryanairs books:confused:

Stanstedeye
8th Aug 2006, 19:19
G-APDK

Phil,
Do hope your info is correct, long haul has been long overdue for Stansted. Interesting that RYR can now base additional aircraft, when it was posted a while back that there were no more early take-off slots.

lba2006
8th Aug 2006, 20:17
Wouldn't Jet2 already have announced the routes if they were going to start this winter??

daz211
10th Aug 2006, 19:53
Maxjet have anounced they will take delivery of
two more B767 in early 2007 and are in ongoing
negotiations for additional aircraft also to be brought
into operation in 2007

I think that they will bring in another JFK
and new routes LAX SFO BOS :D :D :ok: :D :D

daz211
13th Aug 2006, 22:28
PIA first flight due on 15th wonder what security
lines will be like ?

Stanstedeye
15th Aug 2006, 17:39
lines will be like ?

It departed STN at 17.00, just 30 mins late.

daz211
15th Aug 2006, 18:23
Was It The A310

daz211
15th Aug 2006, 21:06
Thanks for that tried to get to see it but got stuck at work
will try again on sat

thanks again for pic :ok:

daz211
16th Aug 2006, 17:08
Anyone know why MY100 is delayed 15 hrs :uhoh:

xxx5572
16th Aug 2006, 20:26
Looks like maxjet is showing its true colours and only goes to show with yet another huge delay, but also understand a few days previous the flights was canx!! What is going wrong to what seemed a good airline?? Am i right in saying that the 767's that they have are already second hand which may explain half of the problem or is it something else?
I am sure this is doing no good what so ever to the name of such a new airline and consumer confidence must be rather low.
Does anyone know what happens to the pax on delayed or canx maxjet flights, do they go with another airline, refund, next available or what?
Will they be able to purchase these new aircraft and look to start new routes,, what do you all think?

D-ABBT
16th Aug 2006, 22:19
Hey
The Maxjet 767's are indeed second hand. N250MY is a Previous Qantas aircraft, and even a domestic flight in Aus is a fair distance, so i assume she has clocked up some miles in their time in the skies. And N260MY has been with TWA, Aero Continente, TACA, Braathens, Britannia and Varig, so she has had her fair shair of miles aswell. They are reliable, but i must admit, they do go tech quite often, but i think alot of it is that they pride themselves in being safe, so even the slightest problem and they will go "tech". it has been known for Max pax to be flown out on EOS if their is room. But judging by MAX being very popular lately, i dont think you could fit the passengers on EOS, so i assume they would just wait for the flight too leave, or be flown out on the next available.

I believe the MAXjet flight that has gone tech today is leaving STN tonight around 2230 time.

Mr Flaps
17th Aug 2006, 18:55
Yeah Maxjet has been leaving late or pushing on time and sitting on the taxiway. On saturday it pushed on time and waited on the taxi way till 1700 before it left STN. Today went tec big time and was not due to leave until 2000 today to NYC. IAD no op.

TWI have gone bust. They went out of busniess on Monday.

daz211
18th Aug 2006, 08:22
only know that ryanair left behind 1000 bags at stn yesterday
as the baggage system at stansted is findind it hard to handle
extra baggage ( baggage belts keep failing )

WHBM
18th Aug 2006, 09:14
As a result of the BAA’s chronic inability to staff their Stansted security facilities, combined with nonsensical hand baggage restrictions, security queues are now stretching dramatically through the Stansted terminal paralysing the operation there.

At 04.00 this morning, BAA Stansted had opened just 4 out of 14 security points at the airport. Passengers had already been checking in for one hour at that point. At 05.00 this morning, just one hour prior to the scheduled first wave of departures, BAA Stansted had opened just 7 out of 14 security points.

Once again flights will be delayed and more cancellations are inevitable. Already Ryanair has been forced to cancel eight flights this morning. The chaotic scenes at Stansted Airport show that there is no foundation to BAA CEO Stephen Nelson’s claim that staffing is not a problem.

Any comments on this fiasco from those close to it ?

Mr Flaps
18th Aug 2006, 11:21
With regards to the baggage system failing at STN. Ryanair use a different bag system in zone J to the rest of the airport and that is where the vast number of their flights check-in. I have not noticed any change in the frequency of stoppages in the baggage system since last week. In all other Zones the bag system is running as normal.
Onto the security area. It does not surprise me that BAA did not have all the security points open. They leave it to late to open all the whole of the security search area and then it delays flight or people miss them. I was round there the other day and the number of people who had missed flights with easyJet and Ryanair all because of the security mess up was shocking. This is not the correct way to run London’s third busiest airport.
An Air Berlin flight went 40 mins late all because of transfer pax not getting through security. Staff had to escort them through security and the directly to the air

hasta lueGO
18th Aug 2006, 17:34
Security has been operating very well the last 2 days with no queues or delays - pretty much back to normal with a huige turn out from Office staff from as early as 0400 to help informa nd prepare customers which massively helps to reduce the number of bags which need to be searched for containing newly prohibited items. Keep up the great work!

jack_essex
18th Aug 2006, 21:09
lines will be like ?
I have seen the info on both the PIA and BAA website but unless you were looking for it like myself it is hard to find as already mentioned. Surely two new long haul routes should be made known to as many people as it possibly can? There was an article in one of the national newspapers which mentioned security on PIA's inaugural Stansted flight. This is good coverage but I would have expected a lot more coverage on both the PIA and BAA websites.

daz211
19th Aug 2006, 08:47
I have just read that there will be a strike next weekend
at LONDON STANSTED (GMB) workers who work for swissport
have voted to strike this bankholiday weekend
swissport handle RYANAIR, EASYJET and many other airlines
500 workers that deal will over 80% of stansted traffic
will strike due to abuse to chk-in staff and the amount
of work the baggage handlers have to deal with due to new security
rules good on em i say it must be sh*t at the monent
and the pay is only about £12,000 :eek:

eidah
19th Aug 2006, 10:15
I feel they should not be striking at the moment. There are enough problems at STN at the moment in past few weeks there has been baggage breakdowns, delays because of the new security measures etc etc. The airline industry at the moment has had a lot of bad press and passengers have had so many hours of waiting in terminals, flight cancellations. This will only further damage the industry, its not the way to go if they do strike it would probably cost them there jobs in the future as people are not going to put up with this and will find other ways of travelling.

bacardi walla
19th Aug 2006, 10:48
Pay them more and they will have an incentive to work harder in order to deal with the current situation. Lets face it, their job is not getting any easier as the airport gets busier, even under "normal" circumstances....

daz211
19th Aug 2006, 10:49
you talk about what the passengers have had to put up with
but what about the workers the staff are working much longer
shifts that are twice as busy as normal check-in agents getting
abused missing baggage agents getting spat on and swarn at
baggage handlers being blamed for missing dead line to get bags
on flights and when the try to meet dead lines and bags are late
they still get blamed for missing baggage dont forget these
people yes thats right PEOPLE are getting paid about £12,000
they dont get london waiting or what ever they call it now
working late shifts and coming back for an early the next day
if this was happening in any other business you would understand
the need for action

eidah
19th Aug 2006, 12:31
You are right its not just the passengers its also the staff who have had to deal with it. Striking wil just make it worse on the staff who do come in and other airport staff. There are other industries which do lates then an early shift such as hospital workers they do the same and junior nurses are on exactly the same pay if not less.

sat1
19th Aug 2006, 16:27
I feel they should not be striking at the moment. There are enough problems at STN at the moment in past few weeks there has been baggage breakdowns, delays because of the new security measures etc etc. The airline industry at the moment has had a lot of bad press and passengers have had so many hours of waiting in terminals, flight cancellations. This will only further damage the industry, its not the way to go if they do strike it would probably cost them there jobs in the future as people are not going to put up with this and will find other ways of travelling. PLEEEEEEEZE!!!!!!!!!! If the airline industry truly wants to enhance its image it HAS to accept that its workers receive a decent wage. Pay peanuts and you get monkeys. All the time and money spent on training is wasted if you dont retain your staff. This is not rocket science.:rolleyes:

xxx5572
19th Aug 2006, 16:49
Im not quite sure that you have your facts right on this one, firstly the threat of strikes has been about the pay rise and slight changes in conditions for swissport staff and has nothing to do with the recent events.
And secondly £12000 for staff is a joke and can quickly tell you that that is not what the workers of swissport get.
Also i would like to ask how a strike will achieve any solution of the abuse that check in staff recieve, and from being a check in agent for two years i can gaurantee that it is not all that bad and if you speak to the pax in a civilised way they mostly come to reason politely with you however there are the odd ones that no one can help. I am sure that the check in staff that are complaining about the abuse are not all that innocent in this situations, i have seen all too many times the ticket desk or check in agent get fired up for no reason which automatically gets the pax back up..........resulting in an argument and most of the time the staff come off worst but what do you expect to happen. its just the way that passenger handling is. if they want an easy life go work in call centre.
And also your point of the baggage handlers going on strike because of the extra security checks, again if these rules have been implemented by the dft, caa and so on how can swissport be help responsible??? they can only act on orders.
You are right about there being strike but what you think it is about is completely wrong.:=

daz211
19th Aug 2006, 20:17
Just see on STN flight arrivals that TOM234y landed at 2019 ex LTN
had a look at LTN arrivals and seen flight TOM6234 IBZ-LTN 2000
not showing anything
anyone know if this is the same flight poss diversion
if it is why ?:confused:

egsshell
24th Aug 2006, 10:24
Caught a quite glimpse of the end of a jetty sitting on the ground in a sad state at STN yesterday. Emergency services in attendance. Think it was on the Bravo's with a CSA flight parked next to it. Any details of what hit it?

tezzer
24th Aug 2006, 10:52
Heard from a colleague there that all airbridges out of service, until inspection takes place.

sam dilly
24th Aug 2006, 12:11
Is this another maintenance item that was put on hold,like so many others.
The low costs dictate the rates,and leave the airports,ground handling
companies et al to try and make it all work.

WHBM
24th Aug 2006, 12:14
Didn't think the low costs at Stansted used the air bridges.

Final 3 Greens
24th Aug 2006, 12:17
WHBM

I think the poster means that the total pool of money available puts pressure on.

In other words, the locos may not use the jetties, but they still have to be maintained - so the revenue from the jetty users may not be less than ideal.

No doubt this is why the dedicated FR pier has no jetties - nothing to pay for nothing to maintain.

WHBM
24th Aug 2006, 12:35
F3G :

Indeed. But you can't really stick it on the low costs that there are problems with equipment which they do not use, can you ? The buck on this one both starts and ends with the airport operator. Which, as we found at the time of their sale to Ferrovial recently, is not short of a bob or two.

icemel_aratt
24th Aug 2006, 12:53
The bridge in question was on A13.

The dispatcher operating it is in hospital, no other people injured.

Bridghead seems to have collapsed whilst being manoeuvered onto a/c.

Capt Wannabe
24th Aug 2006, 12:55
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n131/CaptWannabe/A13LWE23AUG06SOUTH.jpg

:eek:

Incidentally, how much does a new one cost ?

WHBM
24th Aug 2006, 13:10
That would be quite a fall, and I'm sure we all hope the DS recovers soon.

When you think there can be up to 20 pax pressed into the suspended area when boarding I'm surprised to see there are no safety chains at the top as a fall-back to hold it in place.

If you look at the photograph you will see the most elaborate handrail arrangement round the top of the vertical leg mechanism, doubtless due to some health & safety concern for the occasional maintenance operative, but no safety backup for the main suspended part of the jetty itself where everyone works or walks through, which seems to have had some single-point failure having a close look at the photograph.

Buster the Bear
24th Aug 2006, 14:38
I understand that a jet bridge collapsed yesterday, hospitalising two staff. No apparent reason for the collapse and as a result there are no bridges in use now?

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/862/collapsepw2.jpg

WHBM
24th Aug 2006, 14:50
Buster, see

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=240567

FlightDetent
24th Aug 2006, 15:01
Allegedly the jetty collapsed completely on its own just when being positioned to the aircraft. Aircraft unscathed but two ground personnel badly hurt:uhoh: :uhoh:.

FD
(the un-real)

xxx5572
24th Aug 2006, 17:22
Whilst there are the two main low cost operators(ezy FR) flying from stn there is however still many airlines that specifically ask for a jetbridge to be used on the turnaround such as tcx, el al, air malta, cy and skyeurope to name just a few.
I can only think that BAA are the guilty ones in this case as there are enough airlines paying to operate from stn and not including the revenue from other london airports that they could maintain the bridges but in most cases to replace them as i believe these are already second hand from LHR.
Its funny to see BAA spending over 56 million at LHR in order to accomodate the a380 that keeps getting more and more delayed whilst many of the ground handling staff at stn have seen an incident like this coming for a long time.
Cant think what scene we would have had if the bridge was fitted and the csa was being disembarked!:suspect:

xxx5572
24th Aug 2006, 17:28
Great advertising for HSBC there!! Maybe they might want to rethink their sponsorship deal there or could just get BAA to buy some new ones!! Im sure a lot of groung handling staff will agree that they saw this one coming. Maybe time that STN was run like a proper airport and not matching the substandard of FR and EZ. There are many good airlines coming to stn but for the long term success of the airport they need to make it and attractive place to operate from. Will have to wait what BAA have to say about it all!! :sad:

Leezyjet
24th Aug 2006, 17:45
That dispatcher was lucky it was not a B747 and that the jetty was already fairly low to the ground.

I hope the BAA are going to check out all the jetties at all the airports. One reason I heard why the first A380 into LHR was delayed was due to the new Pier 6 jetties being taken out of service after one of the power cable holders fell off from the top of the jetty, so they were all taken out of service to be inspected. Imagine the carnage if that STN accident had happened on a A380 Upper Deck jetty :eek:

As a jetty driver myself, I hope the guy/gal in hospital recovers soon and is straight on the phone to a lawyer.

:E

landor
24th Aug 2006, 18:19
I believe those jetties were second hand from heathrow when they installed them into STN 15 years ago!

A4
24th Aug 2006, 22:38
Maybe time that STN was run like a proper airport and not matching the substandard of FR and EZ.

Care to expand on that comment.......? :hmm:

A4

Flight Detent
25th Aug 2006, 02:17
Had a similar incident occur to me at Melbourne (Oz) a couple of years ago, when operating a leased QF B747-200 for Air Pacific.
A few minutes after all the pax had departed the airplane, and I was upstairs reading the local newspaper and enjoying dinner, we had a 2 hour turn on this occasion, there was an gigantic crash and the entire airplane shook. (Sounded just like a full galley cart falling over right next to your seat!)

I ran downstairs, those spiral staircases were great for quick descents, to find that the aerobridge supports had both failed, and the entire weight of the thing was being supported by the open door!
A quick call to maintenance got a forklift in place, and eventually the bridge was removed from the door/airplane.
So our 2+ hour turn, turned into an unplanned overnight, (don't you love those!), whilst the maintenance guys checked out the damage and got the necessary repairs done!

Cheers, FD :eek:

OpsSix
25th Aug 2006, 08:47
A4

I'll do it for him.

I worked at STN 2 years ago and nothing ever got fixed. If and when it did get seen to, it was never done in good time.
It was tatty back then so the incident with the air bridge just goes to show....

VNAVSPD
25th Aug 2006, 10:27
Mmmm can't say I'm surprised. These bridges are riddled with rust and are in a very poor state of repair! I have never seen any routine maintenance take place let alone any kind of testing.

It will definately be the last time I set foot on one!!

Rocket Ron
25th Aug 2006, 10:42
Just looking at the collapsed jetbridge yesterday summed it up for me at the general state of affairs at "Stand-still" (as it is known in my airline).
Broken baggage belts, crashing computers, fixed ground power and ACUs u/s, AGNIS u/s... the list goes on...

blue up
25th Aug 2006, 11:49
You should see the rust on the airbridges at Cardiff. Ramp safety inspection was carried out recently and asessed as OK. I guess they know more about it than me, but I wouldn't have put my signature to it.

Ametyst
25th Aug 2006, 12:25
As a regular flyer with both eayJet and Ryanair I find then far from sub-standard. Good fares, good routes, good frequency and modern aircraft and professional staff.

eidah
25th Aug 2006, 12:52
Flew into stn last night after a few days away. Landed at about 2345 which was ontime i left the airport at 00.45 why well there was 25minute wait at passport control, then another 20 minute wait for my bags then 15 minutes to leave the arrivals hall i know its the busiest time of the year but honestly :ugh:

xxx5572
25th Aug 2006, 14:12
With all the problems at stn that are all too apparent i get the impression that not enough pressure is put on the tennants BAA,I am sure anyone renting a house or anything else for that matter wouldnt stand for half the essentials breaking, and having to use run down appliances......so why do the airlines put up with it.

The airlines pay good money to operate from here and im sure if enough was said then maybe BAA might listen, and surely there is a small stash of cash between baa and ferrovial to actually repair these problems.

WHBM
25th Aug 2006, 14:38
BAA's new owners Ferrovial, being essentially a construction company rather than a group of investors (they also own Amey, a major UK construction organisation), know rather more about condition of assets than the red braces brigade from Threadneedle Street might have done (or the jumped-up shopkeepers who previously inhabited BAA's upper echelons). They will thus doubtless have put a bit of contingency budget to one side to sort out any assets whose condition was hidden from them during the "Due Diligence" process of checking out a potential acquisition.

Things like this collapse will hopefully lead to some interesting investigations by the new owners, particularly if the Health & Safety Executive cause Senor Ferrovial himself to have to come over from Spain to answer their enquiry.

By the way, I notice the BAA PR department have worked overtime to keep this one out of the media. There's not a peep anywhere.

Maude Charlee
25th Aug 2006, 14:47
Tremendous bad luck for the ground staff involved - as if being paid a pittance and treated like dirt wasn't bad enough. If the airport authority is at fault in any way, I hope they get taken to the cleaners. I have seen a number of nasty injuries on the ramp to pax and colleagues as a result of various airport authorities neglect of essential safety precautions. Tight-fisted, penny-pinching @rseholes!

I guess we can only be glad nobody else was hurt as it could have been so much worse.

Speedy recovery folks.

rjt194
25th Aug 2006, 15:03
If the PR people are keeping it quiet, and no members of the public were injured, then it's quite possible it hasn't been picked up.

But there's nothing to stop you telling them yourself http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/talking_point/4784595.stm

howflytrg
25th Aug 2006, 15:15
I wonder how many other defects are out there in airports all over the world, that could cause injury, that are not reported by groundstaff as it may eat into their break? Everyone has a part to play, not just BAA. If you find something a-miss, for god's sake report it!!! Thats what the fault line number on the info card issued with your airport pass is for. It contains numbers for you, not just BAA staff to use!:eek:

That apart I hope the staff members injured recover quickly.

Flightmech
25th Aug 2006, 16:16
I hope the Despatcher has a quick recovery then takes the BAA for every penny he/she can get.

xxx5572
25th Aug 2006, 21:09
How I appreciate your comment of reporting the fault, i can only guess that you havnt actually reported anything yourself.
From my experience you will never go far at stn without finding a fault and many times i have taken time during work to get these problems fixed however the oh so helpful fault line only gets you through to an engineer that sounds like they have just woken up and the problem will 'be dealt with shortly'. And eventually if the problem is seen to it never seems to be fixed but only repaired for the short term and ground staff find themselves repeating the same process over and over again. BAA are landlords of the airport property and therefore should run weekly checks of the airport and deal with them.
How about a troubleshoot team, a duty manager, enineeering manager, a few handling agent managers and god forbid a check in agent/ gate agent/dispatcher could all walk round and identify problems and get them fixed properly in order of priority??? maybe if a system like this was in place the airbridge problem could have been prevented. Just my opinion and experiences

xxx5572
25th Aug 2006, 21:45
I would gladly like to expand on my previous comments.

I myself work at stn and i find it really nice airport, looks nice on appearence, logically layed out and so on. HOWEVER.................

I find it hard to believe that that the youngest london airport is being left to fall to bits, for many passengers they see a quick glimpse of it and it all seems ok but if you look closely or spend a few hours there you will find.... baggage belts that break down even with the normal flow of bags, tannoys that dont work and frequent flyers would easliy be able to know which ones! Departures/ Arrival doors not working, and like we have seen airbridges falling to bits. But why is this??
I believe it is because the low cost carriers have been around for such a long time that so long as things run half to plan which is basically pax on and pax off then they are fine with that. If there were decent airlines operating from stansted i am sure that a few of the airlines executives would have something to say about the state if some of the facilities and if the problem can be resolved than BAA could fix the problem but because ezy and fr dont really care the airport has been left in a rather sorry state.
The ground handling staff do try their best to report faults and try and make things better but falls on rather a deaf ear as i get the impression their positions hold no real authority and therefore doesnt make it an urgent matter, and what has happened is an airport that finds itself with hundreds of faults and no one knows were to start, how to prioritise and get repairs going. I would have thought that between the new owners ferrovial and baa that there may be some spare cash that is desperatly needed to update some parts of the airport especially considering the massive profits that baa took last year.
I could go on but i hope this answers your question.

FLCH-SPD
26th Aug 2006, 00:24
With regard to the Jetbridge it will all come down to accountability.

If the Jetway manufacturer has issued routine maintenance that has to be followed and this has been neglected, then BAA will have to justify their actions.

If there are no maintenance recommendations and this was due to a design floor, then things become a bit more complicated.

My guess is that the second won't apply. If these bridges were second hand 15 years ago then god knows how long they've been in service. Things don't last forever, especially if they are not maintained! :ugh: :ugh:

A4
26th Aug 2006, 00:34
xxx5572
I take exception to your comment that EZY and FR are "sub-standard" and do not see the link between BAA's evident lack of investment at STN and the airlines that operate there. BAA/ground agents set a price to provide the service. The airlines do the same - we set a ticket price to provide the service to the customer.
Between them EZY and FR now carry more than BA do TWICE OVER - 60 million pax / year . If you're trying to suggest that this doesn't generate significant income for BAA then I don't know where your're coming from. I appreciate that not all 60 million fly throught STN or BAA airports - but a significant number do. What would happen if the LoCo's pulled out of STN? - the place would die!
FR don't use bridges at STN and EZY rarely do - and that seems to be at the whim of the handling agents. To suggest we "don't care" is both incorrect and offensive. If you think I'm happy sitting in the flight deck watching as the bridge staggeres around - believe me I'm not, I DO CARE. Nothing is more frustrating than to operate a flight, get in early, and then wait ten minutes for a bridge/steps.
I work for EZY and firmly believe that the public gets a VERY good product for the price. I DO NOT believe we are in any way "sub-standard" - on the contrary by the nature of the operation (close to 800 flights/day) an ABOVE standard of operation is required/demanded.
The ONLY sub-standard element here is BAA at STN.
A4 :hmm:

daz211
26th Aug 2006, 10:38
can anyone tell me how the PIA flights
are doing at STN what are the loads like
doing well or not ?:rolleyes:

Ametyst
26th Aug 2006, 10:57
Well Said A4. Stansted would still be a backwater if it wasn't for easyJet and Ryanair. Any presumption sthat Stansted would have "high-class" leagacy airlines operating nice long haul services instead would be misguided. One only has to see the failure of BA's dual hubbing concept at Heathrow and Gatwick, and who took up the slack at Gatwick using the slots released by BA? Was it Virgin Atlantic? Air France?, Lufthansa? Qantas? No, it was easyJet as know one else was interested.

Manchester's failure to attract significant new long-haul traffic has resulted in them going down the lo-cost route with Fly Be having snapped 28 slots a day using 78-seat Dash 8-Q400s. Manchester would be delighted now to have easyJet operate from there!

xxx5572
26th Aug 2006, 12:28
Ok point taken but maybe i think were thinking differently, firstly you say you work on the flight deck for ezy and i never said that you are the ones that dont care because I know you do. The comment was aimed more to those at luton that run the airline from the admin side of things.
With all the problems at stn i have never heard or seen the hierachy of ezy coming here and identifying problems that cause problems for the smooth running of the operation and like you said and i fully appreciate that baa must be gaining a tidy sum from these lowcos but thats all they really do pay and hope the service is ok and rarely chase up any problems.
But like you stated you believe the service the public gets is 'very good' well yes but why not strive to make it excellant???? If everyone worked together properly and the lines of communication were not so long and difficult then i could garuntee everyone would be happy, including yourself, passengers and cabin crew that i am sure take a few comments of how they had to que for ages going through security, or at -5std find that 9 pax are missing and the bags need to be found further delaying your aim of on time departure.
BAA do need to invest some money into repairing problems but until the airlines that operate from there and pay money to make them spend it they wont see it as an urgent matter, a good example of this is with the recent arrival of air berlin at stn, they are starting to have transfer pax and were unhappy with the transfer point at stn so it is now being changed, it did not take long and soon there service will come across as very smooth and efficient for the transfer pax.
I do apologise if i caused any offence but hope i have made it more clear who i am frustrated with. :ok:

FLCH-SPD
27th Aug 2006, 00:15
FR don't use bridges at STN and EZY rarely do - and that seems to be at the whim of the handling agents

I totally agree. I have seen written confirmation that EZY prefer a bridge to be used on all A319 turnarounds. Why is this very rarely done??

Because: Swissport don't have enough dispatchers trained with a J/B licence and many that are don't feel confident in using them. (ironically I guess they can be greatful for that)

Capt Wannabe
27th Aug 2006, 08:31
I would be interested in seeing this written confirmation :)

Remember of course that the vast majority of stands at STN are not Airbridge equipped. If you think, for example, of the 13/14 based EZY a/c at STN then only a maximum of 3 of these would be parked on stands for their first departure which would enable an airbridge to be used. This is to allow other carriers such as TOM/FCA/MY/EO/TCX to use their preferred stands / gates.

A quick check shows in excess of 70% of dispatchers are licensed a/b operators. If you are suggesting there is a training/confidence issue then please PM me :confused:

FLCH-SPD
27th Aug 2006, 09:48
Remember of course that the vast majority of stands at STN are not Airbridge equipped

That is only true if you include SAT 3

If you think, for example, of the 13/14 based EZY a/c at STN then only a maximum of 3 of these would be parked on stands for their first departure which would enable an airbridge to be used.

4 prior to last weeks misshap, but then look at how many turn arounds we operate on stands equipped with a bridge.

I would be interested in seeing this written confirmation :)

You should have done... It was a "Swissport" issued memo.

A quick check shows in excess of 70% of dispatchers are licensed a/b operators.

Sorry but I think you'll find it's more like 50%

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to defend BAA. Take a close look at STN and it's an absolute disgrace, so much so that I think it's high time that the HSC came and had a snoop around. I can list at least 4 things that I see on a daily basis that go completely against H&S. All I'm saying is that you cannot put all of the blame onto the fact that it is mainly used by lo-co's. It's an airport, and it should be a safe environment for all passengers and staff, weather they're customers of easyJet or EOS!

By the way, I notice the BAA PR department have worked overtime to keep this one out of the media. There's not a peep anywhere.

Oh haven't they just, I notice now that the incident has been covered over with opaque plastic sheeting. I wonder how long it will be before it actually gets repaired... 6 months.... 1 year?

daz211
27th Aug 2006, 10:47
Has anyone heard anymore on flyfirstclass stansted bermuda flts
their website says flights will start 3rd quarter 2006

daz211
29th Aug 2006, 11:02
stansted gets yet another transatlantic flight this time
to las vegas see (maxjet):D

Stanstedeye
29th Aug 2006, 17:13
stansted gets yet another transatlantic flight this time
to las vegas see (maxjet):D

Timetable quotes STN turn around time 30 minutes !
Looks like the incoming flight from IAD at STN 08.55, is linked to Las Vegas, while the incoming from Vegas at 12.30 transfers to the IAD departure.

jack_essex
29th Aug 2006, 17:55
Maxjet have changed all of their schedules to fit the new route in. Washington will depart STN at 15.00 in the winter and not the current 13.00. Also flights from JFK and IAD to STN will depart later in the evening.

Capt Wannabe
29th Aug 2006, 18:42
That is only true if you include SAT 3

Leaving out Sat 3 / the 70s / the Zulus and the "Cargo Stands" (1-6 excluding 5), less than 50% of the remaining stands, ie Sat 1/2 have airbridge service.

4 prior to last weeks misshap, but then look at how many turn arounds we operate on stands equipped with a bridge.

3 Prior to the mishap - now only 2 :sad: The three were A11L, A13L, B23L. Other stands are available on an ad-hoc basis for the night-stoppers but are not guaranteed.

You should have done... It was a "Swissport" issued memo.
Fair enough - won't argue with that ;)

Sorry but I think you'll find it's more like 50%
Sorry, but no - definitely nearer 70%

I can list at least 4 things that I see on a daily basis that go completely against H&S.
If this is true please, please, please do something about it. Remember H&S is not just a management responsibility it is everybody's responsibility.

Oh haven't they just, I notice now that the incident has been covered over with opaque plastic sheeting. I wonder how long it will be before it actually gets repaired... 6 months.... 1 year?

It will be interesting to see what happens. Hopefully they won't repair - just replace at the same time as A12...........:)

FLCH-SPD
29th Aug 2006, 20:46
If this is true please, please, please do something about it. Remember H&S is not just a management responsibility it is everybody's responsibility.

I've taken this as far as I can in my current position. I've ranted until I'm blue in the face and it's made absolutely no difference!!!

eidah
30th Aug 2006, 17:11
I see in stn today the air bridges are being used again. I take it they have all been extensively tested:confused:

FLCH-SPD
30th Aug 2006, 17:55
I think the only bridges that are being used at the moment are in SAT2. Something to do with them being of a different design, although I'm not sure if they're made by the same manufacturer?? Anyhow, I will be staying clear of all of them!! :ok:

sat1
31st Aug 2006, 09:38
flch-spd

All Of Sat 2 Plus A10.

daz211
2nd Sep 2006, 20:59
tonight 02/09/06
can anyone tell my why FCA5643 FUE-STN has been diverted
and where it has been diverted to it was due at 2345 but
shows as diverted on baa website (stn) at 2145

sat1
2nd Sep 2006, 21:40
daz211

its the weekend,so the runway will close at midnight for works to be carried out.If he,s gonna be too close to midnight then its automatic divert.

daz211
3rd Sep 2006, 07:41
cheers forgot it was sat night:ok:

Mr Flaps
4th Sep 2006, 16:54
If I remember someone asked how the load factors where on the PIA flights. Well to answer your question they are not great at the moment. Last week there were just over 50 people on the flight that leaves on the Tuesday afternoon.
With regards to the question about the module of the Jet bridges in Sat 2. The bridges are still second hand like the ones in Sat 1 but they are newer modules by about 3 threes. The Jet bridges at STN where originally in the USA before they where shipped to the UK. The bridges in Sat 2 have been inspected are have been cleared for use again. Only one gate in Sat 1 is allowed to use the bridge attached to it, all the others are still out of action.

daz211
4th Sep 2006, 17:04
maybe if they advertised they would get more pax

daz211
4th Sep 2006, 17:08
Stansted roadwork's start today

Just a quick reminder to Stansted (http://www.stanstedairport.com/) users that a £1.8m scheme to provide dedicated left-turn lanes to improve access from the M11 at Stansted Airport (junction 8) starts today. The work is due to be run until Friday 15 December.
Work will be taking place during daytime off-peak hours from 09:30 to 15:30 and overnight from 20:00 to 04:00 each day when a 40 mph speed restriction will be in place. There will also be overnight closures on the A120. Allowances should be made in getting to the airport.

jack_essex
4th Sep 2006, 17:42
Well 50 people on a service which I feel has had no advertising is not too bad at all! lol. If only people knew about these new routes I am sure they would be doing much better. There are no posters or anything in the airport promoting this route. And also on the website, the link to the new STN flights is so small that you wouldn't even know these routes existed.

daz211
6th Sep 2006, 18:15
I see GSM have announced TFS for summer 2007 but this is no suprise has anyone got any idea it there is more GSM routes from STN for 2007
and or any new airlines / routes planned:ok: