PDA

View Full Version : Whos got the hots for a cow with the spots?

18 foot pek pek
4th Apr 2006, 20:51
Dial a cow. :hmm:

Choppers carry cows to lunch
By EMMA GUMBLETON
05apr06

SLAUGHTERED cows and buffaloes are being airlifted into hungry NT communities cut off by floodwaters.

The carcasses are strung underneath helicopters and dropped into remote communities near Katherine.

The Jawoyn Association's Mick Pearce said the special deliveries were being made because people needed fresh meat.

``People ring and say it's too wet to go out hunting,'' Mr Pearce said.

``We keep predominantly short-horned cattle and a substantial herd of buffalo.''

The remote community of Beswick has been cut off intermittently for three weeks by high rivers.

Beswick resident Alfred Rickson said the community put out the call last week for fresh meat.

He said everyone cheered when a cow was lowered from a helicopter.

``We were just sitting down and we saw the cow,'' Mr Rickson said.

``It was lowered by rope and then it was cut off and dropped to the ground.

``It was given to the families. It was delicious.''

Mr Rickson said the flooding was the worst he'd seen. Roads are expected to reopen today.

Aussie
4th Apr 2006, 22:14
Hehe, Never heard of this happening before...

Whos supplying the Cows?

Aussie

the wizard of auz
5th Apr 2006, 00:46
Same people that supply eveything else I bet....................the tax payer.:hmm:

Tiger 77
5th Apr 2006, 05:12
I don't understand how an aircraft can be Slaughtered? A Buffalo is a big sexy metal aircraft - maybe they meant to say that the slaughtered cows are being transported by Buffalo's?

Cheers,

Tiger.

ace4bars
5th Apr 2006, 05:16
I thought you were meant to be studying tiger?

Tiger 77
5th Apr 2006, 05:24
Yer I am, i just got really concerned when I saw that Buffalo's were being slaughtered. Someone has to protect the 'King of the Skies'.

Cheers

Tiger.

Counter-rotation
5th Apr 2006, 07:50
Mr Rickson said the flooding was the worst he'd seen. Roads are expected to reopen today.
Ha Ha Ha I don't think so. Katherine is on flood alert apparently, and it hasn't stopped raining there all day, or out to the east.
Any roads that are closed won't be opening any time soon...
CR.

the wizard of auz
5th Apr 2006, 09:21
Great, we will all get to buy some more cows and buffalo.
As long as they are delicious and available, thats ok I guess.