PDA

View Full Version : What is Happening to Sarah Ward's Airline History Site (Merged)

Opssys
4th Apr 2006, 16:43
One of the most useful Sources of Airline History has been offline for weeks.
Last time I checked the ISP was about to pull hosting the Domain.

So has Sarah Ward given up (a tragedy), or is this a sponsorship problem?
Anyone know what the situation really is?

Before anyone asks I have tried the Normal Search engines and the darker reaches of PPRUNE (an experience which it may take time to recover from).
On the basis that the regulars here as a group, appear to know everyone in Aviation, it seemed the only option left!
DIH

PPRuNe Pop
4th Apr 2006, 17:48
Well we would not necessarily agree that the site you refer to would get a link from here. However, I have never heard of it.
PPP

jabberwok
4th Apr 2006, 19:39
I agree that the loss of the Airline History site would be a great loss to our community.

Sarah Ward has built up the history site for several years now and it remains a most excellent source of information. As the site grew her original ISP couldn't handle the volume of data and she was (luckily) offered and alternative site at afriqonline.com. Having used this service for a long time I am sorry to see the link now unavailable and I hope that Sarah may find an alternative location for her excellent work.

For those of you who have not used the Airline History site it was a treasure trove of information. The pages not only covered current airlines but those from long ago that are now a faded memory for most of us. I sincerely hope it finds a new home.